• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider PC System Requirements (Official)

Kezen

Banned
Taken straight from the PC fact sheet :
Minimum OS: Windows 7 64bit
Processor:  Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB or AMD HD7770 2GB
RAM: 6GB
HD Space: 25GB
DirectX: DirectX 11
Input: Mouse + Keyboard

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/596/square-enix-and-crystal-dynamics-announce-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-rele

Minimum AMD CPU could be the FX 6300 or something.

Crystal Dynamics has added a slew of awesome new Windows 10-specific features to the critically acclaimed game, including stunning 4K resolution support – and Rise of the Tomb Raider will be the first game ever to include cutting-edge VXAO technology, developed in partnership with NVIDIA.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
They are totally meaningless anyway.

Yep, it they included frame rate and video settings along with the min spec it may be useful. As always GAF PC performance thread and Digital Foundry will give a clearer picture of how it runs.

"Input: Mouse + Keyboard"

Welp, there goes the comfy couch myth on PC.

"Myth", please be joking.

I know I'm in the minority but I really wish they'd start adding minimum mobile GPUs to these fact sheets as well.

I accept that my laptop will not run things as well as my desktop, but not even being able to know if it'll run at all ahead of time is moderately annoying.

Kezen

Banned
Guys is it supposed to be locked at 30 FPS?
I got a 980ti and that would be waste if it was......

It won't, there is no reason why it would.

The minimum specs will probably not get you very far, Xbone visuals and framerate at best.

I was expecting maybe a I5 + 7xx/r2xx series to be the minimum specs for this game considering how nice it looks on the Xbox One. I guess if it's a good port with low min specs like that, then more people can enjoy it on PC.

I know I'm in the minority but I really wish they'd start adding minimum mobile GPUs to these fact sheets as well.

I accept that my laptop will not run things as well as my desktop, but not even being able to know if it'll run at all ahead of time is moderately annoying.

what mobile gpu do you have?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
"Input: Mouse + Keyboard"

Welp, there goes the comfy couch myth on PC.

In a world where Steam Controller exists there are no myths anymore.

not even talking about the fact that it will probably support a normal controller too

The_Monk

I was wondering about Minimum System Requirements the other way and I was trying to understand what they usually mean by "minimum".

I know it's not the very, low, minimum as in the, game works if you play it on a tiny windowed resolution with all things on ultra low so what is the most common approach to understand what minimum system requirements mean? I ask this because it varies from game to game but there should be a "standard" knowledge at least for resolutions or framerate.

Kezen

Banned
I was wondering about Minimum System Requirements the other way and I was trying to understand what they usually mean by "minimum".

I know it's not the very, low, minimum as in the, game works if you play it on a tiny windowed resolution with all things on ultra low so what is the most common approach to understand what minimum system requirements mean? I ask this because it varies from game to game but there should be a "standard" knowledge at least for resolutions or framerate.

The common approach is to never take them seriously. I'm sorry I can't be very helpful but without targets we can deduce very little from them.

The game will probably run on even lesser hardware but performance could be totally catastrophic.

From my understanding, minimum is usually aimed for console quality graphics and performance (1080p 30fps). But yeah, it varies and depends on the quality of the port.

I ran the first game on my laptop on medium-high settings
(Intel i5, Intel HD 5500, 6GB RAM, Dx11)

Should I be able to run Rise? I don't mind if I need to play on lowest settings

The_Monk

The common approach is to never take them seriously. I'm sorry I can't be very helpful but without targets we can deduce very little from them.

The game will probably run on even lesser hardware but performance could be totally catastrophic.

From my understanding, minimum is usually aimed for console quality graphics and performance (1080p 30fps). But yeah, it varies and depends on the quality of the port.

Thank you both for answering! I usually don't mind at all to remove some extra things because performance is what I want the most when playing a game. 60FPS is something I don't like to sacrifice but I'm okay in lowering some particle effects or something similar.

Kezen

Banned
Don't forget there's an Xbox 360 version of this game, too.

Does not mean the game will scale as low, I mean the game "asks" for 2gb of VRAM minimum. That does not scream 360 quality textures to me.

Thank you both for answering! I usually don't mind at all to remove some extra things because performance is what I want the most when playing a game. 60FPS is something I don't like to sacrifice but I'm okay in lowering some particle effects or something similar.
What specs are you running ? The Xbone is not magical hardware, if your PC is within the same spectrum it will run it as well as MS' console.

Mike Golf

That's the problem with any min or recommended spec released without context from the developer, we have no idea what it actually means. They really need to say what preset was used along with what graphics driver version and what resolution and average framerate was achieved with the specs given.

scitek

Does not mean the game will scale as low, I mean the game "asks" for 2gb of VRAM minimum. That does not scream 360 quality textures to me

Just saying there's a content-complete version of the game out there that runs on 10-year-old hardware, so it should scale pretty well.

Kezen

Banned
Just saying there's a content-complete version of the game out there that runs on 10-year-old hardware, so it should scale pretty well.

That solely depends on how low the PC sku scales.
From the look of it, ROTTR on PC is a modern version, 64 bit, 4 threads, DX11 minimum.
No trace of DX12 but I lost hope for it some time ago.

Top Bottom