• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One X Enhancements trailer

Norse

I just watched the trailer on my cellphone and I didn't see any chugging. That was smooth. Can't wait for the patch....now to get the HDR TV in time for 1X launch.

Nictel

DHztqMfUAAIyHtI

DHztsNpVwAA70Hp

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/899855389356937216?s=09

How many arguments are there going to be on here now about which console has the trueest pixels?

I can play this maxed out on my pc on my tv at 60fps(1080p) but one aspect where the games has issues is the AA. All AA methods on PC are not that great. I wonder if this has improved on X1?

Just thought of something. With the downsampling X1 does, this game should look VERY clean at 1080p.

MilkyJoe

That difference isn't nearly as big. Yeah I can see this being more proper. Still though if you think about how much extra power One X offers it would only be logical to see the difference of the first video. But we'll see.

First video is clearly much better quality, but that one is at least like for like.

This game is very demanding at 4K. I doubt it will match the PC version maxed out (minus VXAO). It will be interesting to see how the framerate holds up.

bratpack

at some point all these extras just become meaningless imo I just can't notice all the extra detail in the minute by minute gameplay unless your actively looking for it or doing a direct comparison

is there any news of the new tomb raider being announced at this games com? or is it too late now?

Not a massive amount in it, pretty much as expected really because the Pro already looks great. Obviously the X version has some improvements and is a little sharper.

Mr Moose

This one too but I don't know if legit, looks better than PC in some moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZ9By31KU4

Already posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZ9By31KU4

Comparison (based on trailers?) of XB1X, PS4 Pro and PC. XB1X looks awesome, much cleaner than PS4 Pro.

They released during Gamescom 2017 a 4K gameplay trailer of RotTR entirely running on Xbox One X with all its benefits shown. Let's compare that footage with PS4 Pro version recorded at 1080p in Enriched Visuals mode and with 4K PC gameplay (purehair not enabled).
Isn't that impressive?

bryanee

Whats the point of comparing the 1080 mode on Pro and 4K on Xbox?

All these comparisons should wait until copies are in peoples hands.

JaggedSac

Gonna be a fortune teller here, PSPRo versions of most games will most likely look a bit softer than OneX. There ya go, saved you guys some time.

Wow.. So even better than the PS4 pro version? HDR, atmos, etc.

May have to purchase it for the one X now.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Every enhanced game should look better than what's on the Pro.
That said, both look great.

Gonna be a fortune teller here, PSPRo versions of most games will most likely look a bit softer than OneX. There ya go, saved you guys some time.

Don't forget the extra 3.5GB of memory will allow devs to use 4K textures on the Xbox One X.

EvB

I have doubts. Where's this comparison from?
Anyway, I'll wait for November and DF before getting carried away.

Edit: PS4 Pro at 1080p comparison? ... LMAO ��

Yeah, we need more detail.

We don't actually know what the 3 visual settings are beyond one of them being a high frame rate mode

Colbert

Banned
I have doubts. Where's this comparison from?
Anyway, I'll wait for November and DF before getting carried away.

Edit: PS4 Pro at 1080p comparison? ... LMAO ��

As someone already pointed out earlier the Xbox One X footage is copied from a Xbox ROTTR trailer. Don't know where the PS4 Pro footage comes from.

ISee

Oneself

Judging by the Pro version, the best way to play is with the higher framerate IMO.

Too bad it's not a good game because it looks quite nice.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Isn't this what they did for pro?

High res version (lower than native 4k, chereboardif or upscale)

High fidelity (1080p but better graphics)

High frame rate (basically running unlocked)

I played in high res so don't know how good the higher frame rate was.

Would be nice for the pro version to get a HDR patch..

Top Bottom