• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robin Williams movie Bicentennial Man is the only movie that makes me cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rewatced this movie last night and this is the only movie in existence that makes me cry as a grown man.

And the fact that Robin Williams has passed away makes it even sadder :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKUHYO06_D0

I know some people think its average but I love this movie.
Its just so sweet and charming. A bit corny too but in a good way.

Rudelord

I remember watching this during a class in high school.

Fuck you for making me remember this scene. I didn't want to feel that.

I remember going to see this in theatres. I don't remember a lot from the movie, but did like it. I need to watch it again.

kunonabi

I love the movie but it depresses the hell out of me. What Dreams May Come had the same effect. Both of them trigger my panic attacks so I haven't watched them in years. I really should try to watch them again.

Quick

Banned
I've seen it in full once or twice as a kid, but I only really understood the movie as I grew up. I should watch this movie again.

Lothar

Banned
I watched this movie for Philosophy class. I would never have heard about it otherwise. Great movie. The only movie I've seen about death that is actually uplifting. At least as uplifting as it can be.

Critics hated it for some reason.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Great seeing others liked the movie too and very surprising considering its critically panned and often in the list of "worst Williams films"

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Great movie that deserved better. It gets held back by it's cheesy makeup and overall mediocre, even by that time's standards, effects. But the story and Williams performance were great and really touching.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Great movie that deserved better. It gets held back by it's cheesy makeup and overall mediocre, even by that time's standards, effects. But the story and Williams performance were great and really touching.

When re-watching it recently I did notice how bad the scene where they have to insert the actress into the scene where she plays two parts looks.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Saddest part of the movie is when Andrew gets voting rights and then proceeds to vote against Gay marriage. He finally became human after all. Gets me every time. 😰😭😭

Saddest part of the movie is when Andrew gets voting rights and then proceeds to vote against Gay marriage. He finally became human after all. Gets me every time. 😰😭😭

I've only seen this movie once and it was over a decade ago, but did that really happen?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm a huge sucker for movies about immortality and coping with the death of others and all that what it means to be human stuff. I loved The Man From Earth, The Fountain, the flashback sequences of Highlander and Bicentennial man because of it. Plus a bunch of others.

ExVicis

I love the movie but it depresses the hell out of me. What Dreams May Come had the same effect. Both of them trigger my panic attacks so I haven't watched them in years. I really should try to watch them again.
I remember both very clearly but I can';t think of what would cause a panic attack, what specifically lead to a panic attack?

I recently watched this for the first time, and I was shocked that I enjoyed it. I was terrified that my taste went bad and that I should talk about liking it to no one. Well, my enjoyment of it went down after the robot got human skin and became human Robin Williams, but yeah. It was interesting, especially in terms of exploring a human-robot relationship.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Sandler's Click did that for me, for some reason.
Hilariously out of place too.

They managed to put a decent existential crisis segment late in a bad movie that had jokes about Michael Jackson molesting himself

jb1234

I don't know. I remember watching it and thinking that the movie was trying really, really hard to make me cry. I don't like being emotionally manipulated.

(I really liked James Horner's score, though.)

ExVicis

I just have a crippling fear of death and these two movies really aggravate it.
Oh yeah, then that's understandable. Especially for What Dreams May Come I can really see that.

I recently watched this for the first time, and I was shocked that I enjoyed it. I was terrified that my taste went bad and that I should talk about liking it to no one. Well, my enjoyment of it went down after the robot got human skin and became human Robin Williams, but yeah. It was interesting, especially in terms of exploring a human-robot relationship.
That's where it went downhill for me.

Also fuck robots. They're not fooling me. This is part of their agenda to put our guard down so we can be weak when they decide to overthrow us.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I appreciated how it somewhat tries to explore the human nature, but found it irritatingly sacchariney, unbearably so. Columbus being Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom