• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robocop: Rogue City | Review Thread

TheMan

Watching videos I felt something was missing. This game needs more detailed bodily destruction akin to the Soldier of Fortune. You should be able to blow off heads and limbs. They could tone it down a tad but I think that would fit better

havoc00

Devs make an utterly dogshit Rambo game that people only know exists because Angry Joe shit on it

Follow it up years later with a kino Terminator game

Follow that up years later with an even better Robocop game

Part of me wants these devs to retry making a proper Rambo game to redeem themselves

Denton

He truly loved playing that role. The doc is fuckin awesome. 4 hours long!
Damn, Nancy aged super gracefully

Also, where can I watch this?

Also, I watched first two films in preparation for Rogue City and first one is still 10/10, second one is...not quite as perfect, but still good. It ends in a way that really leaves the door open for proper sequel, hopefully RC will be exactly that.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Damn, Nancy aged super gracefully

Also, where can I watch this?

Also, I watched first two films in preparation for Rogue City and first one is still 10/10, second one is...not quite as perfect, but still good. It ends in a way that really leaves the door open for proper sequel, hopefully RC will be exactly that.

Amazon Prime. You can buy the whole thing for $13 (which is what I did) or subscribe to one of those indie channels on there

And yeah Nancy looks damn good 😏👌🏼

They pretty much got everyone from the movie for interviews aside from Miguel Ferrer and Dan O’Herilhy

The chick whos tits Bob snorts coke off of is in it 😂

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
The game's adherence to the structure and ideas of the original films also has some unfortunate ramifications. For example, the portrayal of Detroit PD as honest, hardworking blue-collar workers struggling against budget constraints sits a lot less comfortably in 2023, when we know US police budgets are vastly overinflated compared to other public sectors, and that issues like corruption and racism are endemic within policing in a way that has little to do with corporate ownership.
To be clear, I'm not saying RoboCop should be wandering around Detroit shouting ACAB. Rather, in its strive to mimic the anti-corporate satire of the film, Rogue City misses an opportunity to ask other, more pertinent questions, like how does a cop programmed to follow the letter of the law fit within a policing system that itself often doesn't?
Jonah Hill Ok GIF

RAIDEN1

Yeah true 76 is no spring chicken, BUT you should see him in the RoboCop documentary from this year. The dude is so animated when he speaks and is so energetic, its quite inspiring.

4 hours?!? That could be a new Robocop movie in its own right!

bender

What time is it?
Yeah true 76 is no spring chicken, BUT you should see him in the RoboCop documentary from this year. The dude is so animated when he speaks and is so energetic, its quite inspiring.

A lot of the main cast in that clip look to be in really good shape.

Amazon Prime. You can buy the whole thing for $13 (which is what I did) or subscribe to one of those indie channels on there

And yeah Nancy looks damn good 😏👌🏼

They pretty much got everyone from the movie for interviews aside from Miguel Ferrer and Dan O’Herilhy

The chick whos tits Bob snorts coke of is in it 😂

It’s great. Apparently the docs on Robo 2 & 3 are out next year.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The game's adherence to the structure and ideas of the original films also has some unfortunate ramifications. For example, the portrayal of Detroit PD as honest, hardworking blue-collar workers struggling against budget constraints sits a lot less comfortably in 2023, when we know US police budgets are vastly overinflated compared to other public sectors, and that issues like corruption and racism are endemic within policing in a way that has little to do with corporate ownership.
To be clear, I'm not saying RoboCop should be wandering around Detroit shouting ACAB. Rather, in its strive to mimic the anti-corporate satire of the film, Rogue City misses an opportunity to ask other, more pertinent questions, like how does a cop programmed to follow the letter of the law fit within a policing system that itself often doesn't?
20231101_232013nmeyy.gif

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Watching videos I felt something was missing. This game needs more detailed bodily destruction akin to the Soldier of Fortune. You should be able to blow off heads and limbs. They could tone it down a tad but I think that would fit better

What? Iv been blowing peoples heads and arms clean off for hours now. It's super gory. Where the reviewers playing the German version or something?

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
What? Iv been blowing peoples heads and arms clean off for hours now. It's super gory. Where the reviewers playing the German version or something?
Well yes, but Soldier of Fortune 2 was more detailed in this department. Still unsurpassed today even, I think. It would have fitted this game. Apart from that, the game is already super satisfying as it is.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Well yes, but Soldier of Fortune 2 was more detailed in this department. Still unsurpassed today even, I think. It would have fitted this game. Apart from that, the game is already super satisfying as it is.

Oh I get ya, that's fair. But I remember both soldiers and fortune original and 2 being ahead of the curve for gore.

Funnily I just finished robocop, missed two tropies for the platinum on PS5, probably go back though after a few patches, but now onto star ocean as that unlocks in 3 minutes :)

Really enjoyed my time with it.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhh...
You have to remember that RoboCop is set in it's own universe and not to push any kind of modern agenda.

It would not be RoboCop if we start adding real world issues to it.

Last edited:

The Stig

Devs make an utterly dogshit Rambo game that people only know exists because Angry Joe shit on it

Follow it up years later with a kino Terminator game

Follow that up years later with an even better Robocop game

Part of me wants these devs to retry making a proper Rambo game to redeem themselves
love this idea

ultrazilla

Gold Member
It’s crazy that the Critic reviews are in the low 70s while User reviews are in the 90s. Why is that?

I wouldn't want this any other way. You know it's a winner when the fans are embracing the game and critics are poo pooing it because we don't get answers to woke issues in a game based on a movie that's heavy satire to begin with. They don't get it and that's fine. Just like many of them couldn't "get" Starship Troopers as well. Anyways, these devs did their homework with the game and deserve
the support.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How's the gunplay on console? I've been looking for a somewhat mindless FPS that's a bit on the shorter side of things, and if the gameplay here is solid, this might be it.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Im liking this so much Im gonna retroactively go back and guy the Terminator game next!

I honestly thought this was just going to be a simple shooting gallery cash in for the nostalgia crowd. I mean they still would have got me lol, but this is way more of a complete game than I expected, Im so pleasantly surprised.

Well freaking done.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

Where is this available from? The full 4 hour thing I mean.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
It’s on Amazon Prime. You can buy the whole thing straight up (I got it for $13) or join the Screambox channel (there might be a 7 day free trial for it).
Thanks. Am in UK doesn’t seem to be possible to get. I’ll do some further research.

Top Bottom