• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robots in videogames

With Soma released , the Talos Principle releasing soon for PS4 , and the new Chibi robo for 3DS, looks like robots are getting a bit of the spotlight this fall.

So tell me gaf, should there be more robot protagonists in video games? Whos/whats your favourite robot in any videogame? Sentient Robots.

Mine is for now, forever Legion
Legion_Character_Shot.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
A lot of people bash it, but Robopon had pretty spiffy designs.

This little guy right here from the Ratchet and Clank series.

Clank.png

I really do like his sections from the older PS2 games more than what the newer games tried to do with them.

Window

Probably not the favourite but HK-47 comes to mind first.

Cain is the best character in Binary Domain. Bring him along whenever possible, sometimes to the detriment of my relationships with other squadmates.

Did the same and couldn't save him because you need max level bond with everyone to do so :(

Jintor

With Soma released , the Talos Principle releasing soon for PS4 , and the new Chibi robo for 3DS, looks like robots are getting a bit of the spotlight this fall.

So tell me gaf, should there be more robot protagonists in video games? Whos/whats your favourite robot in any videogame? Sentient Robots.

Mine is for now, forever Legion
Legion_Character_Shot.png

shodan is mai waifu

That is quite the insolent question, meatbag.

Yes, more robots!

HrEjy8h.jpg

Aigis still the best.

bd_1.jpg

Cain from Binary Domain.

Ah, and how could I forget?

I can at least personally guarantee that all of these answers are correct.

CorvoSol

My favorites were already picked, but

Labrys, of Persona 4 Arena probably isn't a better character than her sister, Aigis, but I kind of prefer Labrys over Aigis because Labrys does an outstanding job of straddling the cast of two games and fitting perfectly into either.

Zero is the coolest Mega Man and his own series is awesome as fuck.

Robo, of Chrono Trigger, is one of my favorite robot characters because he manages to be a surprisingly gentle, sensitive guy for a machine made to kill.

Top Bottom