• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
ironing boards are not terribly stable, which always puzzled me since they're meant to hold a very hot item.

vg260

Does the keyboard support a foot-pedal for overdrive like the RB2 strats? There's a jack on the side, but it didn't do anything.

Ridli

2&2 said:
Does the keyboard support a foot-pedal for overdrive like the RB2 strats? There's a jack on the side, but it didn't do anything.
There's two jacks on the side, one of them is supposed to accept a drum pedal for overdrive, but I haven't tested it.

Mileena

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
I am surprised you think so, since a few of the songs in the playlist are harder on guitar. But it is only proper the entire setlist ends with "Carry On Wayward Son." Now if only we could get keys and harmonies on that too!
CoWS is the only song I think of when I think of Supernatural.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Varna said:
How does the PS3 version hold up this time?

The usual lower frame-rate and no AA?

This game does have individual scrolling speeds for tracks right? Otherwise me and the girlfriend can't play together. :(
It's the same as the 360 version. Only difference is the amount of content in RBN, but you shouldn't be surprised about that. And yes, there's individual scrolling speeds so you and your gf can rock out!

FlightofHeaven, the Rock Band 2 export has been sorted out since yesterday. If you got a LEGO code instead of a RB 2 one, check your e-mail to see if Harmonix sent you another code.

elektrixx said:
Who's selling extra drum pedals? I want another one that's identical to the RB3 pedal.
Everyone. Just go to gamestop, they are there. And the overdrive pedals are out there too.

corkscrewblow said:
CoWS is the only song I think of when I think of Supernatural.
http://www.squidoo.com/supernaturalmusic

Dont blame you though. Signature tune for the show. There are so many songs that make me think of the show though. Particularly "Heat of the Moment" by Asia.

Setlist I made is all from the show, and in the order in which it appeared. Except "Carry On Wayward Son." That must be the finale.

woodypop

PhoncipleBone said:
It is height adjustable. The shortest being about two feet off the floor, the highest being about four or so. Basically from couch sitting height, to standing up height, and about four of five different heights in between.
Just picked up the keyboard stand yesterday. It's much heavier and more sturdy than I expected. (But then again, I don't have any previous experience with keyboard stands.) I also didn't expect so much assembly to be required. :lol

woodypop said:
Just picked up the keyboard stand yesterday. It's much heavier and more sturdy than I expected. (But then again, I don't have any previous experience with keyboard stands.) I also didn't expect so much assembly to be required. :lol
Yeah, it takes a lil time, but it feels pretty damn solid when done. Definitely more stable than the drums. God those things are wobbly, and adding cymbals only makes it worse.

DarthWufei said:
Christ, my copy of RB3+Keyboard came in from Amazon today and one of the sharp keys does not register. FML.
novak-djokovic-aus08semi4-2.jpg

Aspiring

oh fuck!!!! So i just came home to dicover my brand new keyboard!!! Looks amazing and feels really solid. Although i cannot play it because i ordered the game from playasia who have yet to ship it (will ship today) : ( I feel so pissed right now lol.

Props to Amazon though. Ordered on the 25th and its with me all the way in Australia on the 28th. 3 days from the states to my home. Amazing. If i knew this i would have ordered the game from them as well. Oh well, shoul get the game on Monay, but fuck its going to be a long weekend : (

Plaguefox said:
It doesn't work. I hope it's a bug that they'll patch and doesn't get ignored.
I think you have to use the actual official overdrive pedal with it. I know the drum pedal does not work with the new guitars either. The jack is just slightly larger on the OD pedal.

Maastricht said:
This link posted earlier I think should definitely be in the OP:

http://www.rockband.com/blog/rb3-features-pro-guitar

It explains all the most important stuff about the new guitar features, the notation, and the mod that can show the pro guitar stuff 'TAB' style.
chordnumbering.jpg

Awesome. Cant wait to get a pro controller. Or hold out for the realtar.

Raistlin

PhoncipleBone said:
I think you have to use the actual official overdrive pedal with it. I know the drum pedal does not work with the new guitars either. The jack is just slightly larger on the OD pedal.

chordnumbering.jpg

Awesome. Cant wait to get a pro controller. Or hold out for the realtar.

:eek:

fuckyeah.gif

vg260

PhoncipleBone said:

That's some BS. Is there anything special in that pedal or is it just a different jack size?

Aspiring

I have a question if anyone knows anything about the Mustang controller. You see in some videos after a note there is a line that goes on an angle either left or right. I am assuming this is a slide. How oes this work with the buttons? An how does it track that slide?

jgkspsx

Anybody have any luck with their website-gobbled Rock Band code? I tried both HMX addresses with no luck in 24 hrs. I'm sure they have hundreds of these, but you'd think it would be simple enough to generate a new key for all of them...

Messi

Some asshole robbed my rock band 2 manual it seems. I am so angry right now. Cant import any songs without the code. My local videogame rental place does not give manuals with rentals so I cant do that.

I hate people sometimes.

remz

i just found out you could use a drum pedal as an overdrive medal and am now having the raddest time with my beatles guitar

in other news, this is probably my favourite on disk set

jgkspsx

Messi said:
Some asshole robbed my rock band 2 manual it seems. I am so angry right now. Cant import any songs without the code. My local videogame rental place does not give manuals with rentals so I cant do that.

I hate people sometimes.
You can call EA, though. According to the HMX folks it's no big deal. You'll just have to send a photo of your disc.

Hey, at least their stupid website didn't steal your code :lol

Druz

I'm 94th in Reptillia! And I didn't try that hard... I love to play it though.

Harmonix fails me on bands I want to see still. GH is snatching them up and I'm pissed no one will disclose who has rights to what.

Raistlin

Since the the Squier is releasing who-knows-when ... what would people recommend as the best guitar(s) for PS3?

Or should I just get the Mustang and sell it once the Realtar is released?

I3rand0 said:
Exporting Songs from the original Rock Band (Xbox 360/PlayStation®3)*:

* Load up Rock Band and select "Options" from the Main Menu.
* Select "Export Songs."
o If you have not purchased a license to export the songs, you'll see a prompt to "Purchase License." You'll need to purchase and download the Rock Band Song Export Key to export your Rock Band tracks.
o Once the download completes, select Continue. On Xbox 360, you’ll need to determine where you'd like to save your exported songs.
* In a few minutes, the exporting process will be complete.

http://www.rockband.com/support/export-rock-band
VDxCu.gif

I totally don't see what point you are trying to make as the steps you listed are actually longer and more difficult than the ones I did.

I3rand0

allegate said:
VDxCu.gif

I totally don't see what point you are trying to make as the steps you listed are actually longer and more difficult than the ones I did.

You need the disc to export is the point I'm making. Only the key is available through the PSN store.

distantmantra said:
What's wrong with My Iron Lung?
It is only one track from their greatest album. That is what is wrong with it.

remz said:
i just found out you could use a drum pedal as an overdrive medal and am now having the raddest time with my beatles guitar

in other news, this is probably my favourite on disk set
I havent looked for a jack on the McCartney bass. I know that the plug from the drum pedal doesnt fit the new strat though. It just falls out.

remz

I havent looked for a jack on the McCartney bass. I know that the plug from the drum pedal doesnt fit the new strat though. It just falls out.
I can confirm that it is there and works. It's near the sync button

I3rand0 said:
You need the disc to export is the point I'm making. Only the key is available through the PSN store.
You're right, thanks for pointing that out. I just got a promotion/new duties at work so my brain's a little frazzled right now. :lol

jgkspsx

PhoncipleBone said:
distantmantra said:
What's wrong with My Iron Lung?
It is only one track from their greatest album. That is what is wrong with it.
Whoa, there's a second bonus track on Kid A?

Seriously, given that My Iron Lung is a direct sequel to/commentary on Creep, I think it's kinda cool. And while I much prefer OKC/Kid A/In Rainbows, they're perfectly wonderful songs.

It is painful that we don't have anything besides those two, but it's probably related to the bitter split with EMI.

woodypop

bucknuticus said:
So im on the fence about buying the keyboard stand, those with it, yay or nay?
At $30 I had to deliberate a bit, but now that I have it, I don't regret it. It's very sturdy, and playing keyboard on it just feels more authentic. =)

jgkspsx said:
Whoa, there's a second bonus track on Kid A?

Seriously, given that My Iron Lung is a direct sequel to/commentary on Creep, I think it's kinda cool. And while I much prefer OKC/Kid A/In Rainbows, they're perfectly wonderful songs.

It is painful that we don't have anything besides those two, but it's probably related to the bitter split with EMI.
Then give me "In Rainbows" instead, since that is owned by Radiohead. Of course, they are VERY picky with their masters, which is probably why nothing of theirs has shown up since "My Iron Lung."

jgkspsx

Did the LRB export key page eat your code? Well, apparently, they are going to update the page tomorrow (and mark the codes as unused?)

Shonte B. at Warner Brothers Technical said:
Hello,

The website is being updated. Please try again later tomorrow 10/29/10 around 3:00 PM EST.

I do not expect this to work, but what the hey.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
FUCK this cutscene:

6T3Zo.jpg

When I first get it, it's fine. After the second time, it freezes the game EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Fix this shit, Harmonix.
B4w8l.gif

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I've only had one freeze. I was just scrolling through the songs, didn't mess with any sorting options except for it not to show recommendations. Just froze for some reason.

From HMXhenry on Twitter:

All asking about account linking to RockBand.com: Web is working on it, don't know if we'll lock it down this week. Will keep you posted.

Shit. I want to link dammit. I get a message in game saying I am ranked #1 on a song on the leaderboards, yet I cant see it online due to no linkage. Lame.

Top Bottom