• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith |OT| While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Chris R

Does this have Bass support? I have a 4 string bass I want to mess around with (strings are easier on my fingers than guitar strings) and like the RB3 Pro Guitar stuff.

Maddog

Does this have Bass support? I have a 4 string bass I want to mess around with (strings are easier on my fingers than guitar strings) and like the RB3 Pro Guitar stuff.

no. They keep saying it's going to come as DLC but I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off till Rocksmith 2

conman

Just dusted off my old guitar (a late-80s shredder from Jackson Charvel) and replaced the input jack. Thought I'd also pick up Rocksmith as an added motivation to start playing again. Worked like a charm. Logged a good dozen hours in the past two days.

The song selection could be more varied (a bit lopsided towards The Black Keys and other crunchy white-boy blues), but at least it's got me playing again. Looks like the DLC support is still rolling, so that's good news.

Onemic

After grinding this game out for 4 months straight and getting up to level 9, I've totally stopped playing.(partially because I've been so caught up in fighting games now) Any new DLC thats come out besides the Judas priest stuff?

conman

After grinding this game out for 4 months straight and getting up to level 9, I've totally stopped playing.(partially because I've been so caught up in fighting games now) Any new DLC thats come out besides the Judas priest stuff?
That just came out last week. Looks like they've been doing about two DLC packs a month. There have already been two releases this month, so...

sladeums

Really? What came out before that?

Bout 3 new songs every two weeks like clockwork since release

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocksmith

"Free Bird" Lynyrd Skynyrd 1973 Rock Hits 1 Nov. 1, 2011
"Bodysnatchers" Radiohead 2007 Rock Hits 1 Nov. 1, 2011
"Tighten Up" The Black Keys 2010 Rock Hits 1 Nov. 1, 2011
"More than a Feeling" Boston 1976 Rock Hits 70s Nov. 15, 2011
"Jessica" The Allman Brothers Band 1973 Rock Hits 70s Nov. 15, 2011
"Smoke on the Water" Deep Purple 1972 Rock Hits 70s Nov. 15, 2011
"20th Century Boy" T. Rex 1973 Rock Hits 2 Nov. 29, 2011
"I Hate Everything About You" Three Days Grace 2004 Rock Hits 2 Nov. 29, 2011
"Cousins" Vampire Weekend 2010 Rock Hits 2 Nov. 29, 2011
"Symphony of Destruction" Megadeth 1992 Megadeth Song Pack Dec. 13, 2011
"Hangar 18" Megadeth 1990 Megadeth Song Pack Dec. 13, 2011
"Public Enemy No. 1" Megadeth 2011 Megadeth Song Pack Dec. 13, 2011
"We Three Kings" Versus Them 2011 Holiday Song Pack Dec. 20, 2011
"Carol of the Bells" Seth Chapla 2011 Holiday Song Pack Dec. 20, 2011
"God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen" Brian Adam McCune 2011 Holiday Song Pack Dec. 20, 2011
“Just Got To Be” The Black Keys 2006 The Black Keys Song Pack Dec. 27, 2011
“Mind Eraser” The Black Keys 2011 The Black Keys Song Pack Dec. 27, 2011
“Gold On The Ceiling” The Black Keys 2011 The Black Keys Song Pack Dec. 27, 2011
"Barracuda” Heart 1977 Rock Hits 60s-70s Jan. 17, 2012
"Space Oddity” David Bowie 1969 Rock Hits 60s-70s Jan. 17, 2012
"(Don't Fear) The Reaper” Blue Öyster Cult 1976 Rock Hits 60s-70s Jan. 17, 2012
"Jeremy" Pearl Jam 1991 Pearl Jam Song Pack Feb. 7, 2012
"Black" Pearl Jam 1991 Pearl Jam Song Pack Feb. 7, 2012
"Dammit" Blink-182 1997 Blink-182 Song Pack Feb. 21, 2012
"What's My Age Again?" Blink-182 1999 Blink-182 Song Pack Feb. 21, 2012
"All The Small Things" Blink-182 2000 Blink-182 Song Pack Feb. 21, 2012
"When I'm Gone" 3 Doors Down 2002 3 Doors Down Song Pack Mar. 6, 2012
"Loser" 3 Doors Down 2000 3 Doors Down Song Pack Mar. 6, 2012
"Kryptonite" 3 Doors Down 2000 3 Doors Down Song Pack Mar. 6, 2012
"Soul Man" The Blues Brothers 1978 Blues Hits Mar. 20, 2012
"The Thrill is Gone" B.B. King 1969 Blues Hits Mar. 20, 2012
"Born Under a Bad Sign" Albert King with Stevie Ray Vaughan 1967 Blues Hits Mar. 20, 2012
"Bring Me to Life" Evanescence 2003 Rock Hits 3 Apr. 3, 2012
"This Love" Maroon 5 2002 Rock Hits 3 Apr. 3, 2012
"Pumped Up Kicks" Foster the People 2011 Rock Hits 3 Apr. 3, 2012
"Painkiller" Judas Priest 1990 Judas Priest Song Pack Apr. 17, 2012
"Breaking the Law" Judas Priest 1980 Judas Priest Song Pack Apr. 17, 2012
"Living After Midnight" Judas Priest 1980 Judas Priest Song Pack Apr. 17, 2012

523864_347789208612095_151544094903275_935229_1855518469_n.jpg

hmm

Code:
e-------------|---------------------
B-------------|---------------------
G-------------|---------------------
D-----9p7-9p7-|---9p7---9p7---9p7---
A---9---------|-9-----9-----9-------
E-------------|---------------------

Man, I'm getting so pissed!

I finally got this game an a guitar for the 360, and no matter what, it keeps telling me the cable is not connected! I made sure everything was snug, and nothing! The cable works fine on my computer, and I can hear my guitar as well, but for some reason this isnt working with my 360!!

Anyone else experience this?

523864_347789208612095_151544094903275_935229_1855518469_n.jpg

hmm

Code:
e-------------|---------------------
B-------------|---------------------
G-------------|---------------------
D-----9p7-9p7-|---9p7---9p7---9p7---
A---9---------|-9-----9-----9-------
E-------------|---------------------

That's a really generic riff to guess what it is. What is the tempo? As a mainly metal player I'm hearing it fast but, it rings no bells...well, outside of a Metallica riff but, I know that it can't be that.

sladeums

That's a really generic riff to guess what it is. What is the tempo? As a mainly metal player I'm hearing it fast but, it rings no bells...well, outside of a Metallica riff but, I know that it can't be that.

no way to tell tempo from the screen shot ...

here's the written "hints" that have been provided so far :
1. Think California pop-punk - not Red Hot Chili Peppers.
2. Not RATM
3. ... forget the california comment, that's just not right... Pretty certain they live in America tho
4. at least one green card in the group I think...
5. well, one of them was actually an American who moved to UK...

sladeums

In its defense, Message in a Bottle is pretty fun to play, tho.

Wouldn't mind anything else pre Ghost in the Machine.

maybe Driven to Tears, Can't Stand Losing You, or Bring on the Night

Onemic

Out of all Police songs Synchronity II? ugh. Well at least they didn't go with I'll Be Watching You. That whole album is shit.

jgkspsx

Out of all Police songs Synchronity II? ugh. Well at least they didn't go with I'll Be Watching You. That whole album is shit.
IT'S A HUMILIATING KICK IN THE CROTCH

I love that album. In for the pack as long as it's not Omega Man and Every Little Thing.

Hey guys it's my brothers birthday and he's been waiting for the pc version but it keeps getting pushed back. I think I'm just gonna buy him the console version to hold him over. Are the ps3/360 versions identical or does one have a slight edge?
Edit- I have turtle beach headphones hooked up to the ps3 via optical cable. It's the 5.1 surround sound headphones. The 360 hookup uses a regular headphone jack. So I'm guessing the sound would be better on ps3.

sladeums

Hey guys it's my brothers birthday and he's been waiting for the pc version but it keeps getting pushed back. I think I'm just gonna buy him the console version to hold him over. Are the ps3/360 versions identical or does one have a slight edge?
Edit- I have turtle beach headphones hooked up to the ps3 via optical cable. It's the 5.1 surround sound headphones. The 360 hookup uses a regular headphone jack. So I'm guessing the sound would be better on ps3.

Personally I have no issues with the PS3 version.
But I've not played both, so have no means to offer a side by side comparison.

If you have different hookups, I will tell you that the general consensus seems to be that the more analog and less digital your signal has to go through to get from your guitar to your ears the better.

I have my PS3 hooked up dual now on component and HDMI just for this game and always switch over to component when I boot this up.
There is a very appreciable difference between using the two connections.

If that helps any.

Personally I have no issues with the PS3 version.
But I've not played both, so have no means to offer a side by side comparison.

If you have different hookups, I will tell you that the general consensus seems to be that the more analog and less digital your signal has to go through to get from your guitar to your ears the better.

I have my PS3 hooked up dual now on component and HDMI just for this game and always switch over to component when I boot this up.
There is a very appreciable difference between using the two connections.

If that helps any.
Thanks I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bad port. Know it doesn't happen as much as it use to but after skyrim I decided to always check.

sladeums

Thanks I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bad port. Know it doesn't happen as much as it use to but after skyrim I decided to always check.

It's highly recommended either way you go ...
If he plays guitar it's almost a surety he'll love it, as long as there are tracks on the setlist for him.

Since i got the game release week it's pretty much all I play on the console.
I put down and never picked back up Dark Souls, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 2 and have Kingdom of Amalur unopened.

Any time I have the urge to fire up the PS3 I can never think of a reason to pick anything else to play over this.

It's a really fun guitar game that surprised me at how well it was pulled off ... and it absolutely flabbergasts me to this day that it was Ubisoft of all people that managed to do this.

Onemic

My PS3 is hooked up to my monitor.....would using the headphone out port work just as well? I'm using HDMI. I've never personally had a problem with lag in the game, but I guess the less the better.

Isn't that bandfuse game supposedly better/have more potential? IGN keeps hyping to to the nth degree while bashing Rocksmith for all its problems.

sladeums

My PS3 is hooked up to my monitor.....would using the headphone out port work just as well? I'm using HDMI. I've never personally had a problem with lag in the game, but I guess the less the better.

Isn't that bandfuse game supposedly better/have more potential? IGN keeps hyping to to the nth degree while bashing Rocksmith for all its problems.

Headphones might be better for you might not.
There are so many possible variables in every persons set up it is hard to say whether you'd notice any difference or not.

Bandfuse I've never even heard of...though a very quick search and cursory glance looks like it could have potential, but seems like it may still be a bit early to tell.

Dunno...will have to look into it further.
The early interface shots don't enthuse me much, tho.

You can be sure there are gonna be more titles jumping in to fill this niche (until it implodes) ... but for now Rocksmith is really the only thing on the block, imo.

Onemic

I actually like them, Ghost in the Machine just gets a bit much as an album. Demolition Man through Rehumanize Yourself are pretty bad, though.

I agree. The beginning of the album is amazing with Spirits in the Material World, Invisible Sun, and Every Little Thing, but then after that strong start it starts going all over the place. The ending song Darkness, is one of my favourite Police songs ever though.

NEO0MJ

Man, I'm really hoping for some Black Sabbath or Heaven and Hell songs soon.

Also, what's a good chair to buy? I have to admit I've been playing on the couch and it's a really bad sitting.

Top Bottom