• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar aware of PS4 blurry issue. Fix on its way.

I'm guessing they're going to hardline the Pro version at either 2560x1440 or 2716x1528 (roughly same pixel count as 1920x2160 but in a fixed 16:9 aspect ratio)

nowhat

I'm guessing they're going to hardline the Pro version at either 2560x1440 or 2716x1528 (roughly same pixel count as 1920x2160 but in a fixed 16:9 aspect ratio)
I wouldn't mind. Something like UC4/Lost Legacy looks very nice, despite being only 1440p.

INC

Still waiting for native 1440p on pspro since I bought the wrong monitor that's 1440p lol

But said day 1 RDR2 looks weird and not sharp at all, now I know why

Virex

Banned
I turned the sharpness up on my 4k TV and think it looks great on the pro.
Having to turn up the sharpness on your TV to fix and image quality issue shows exactly that there is problem. Games, Movies etc. are all mastered with "0" sharpness and no need to add any sharpness or image enhancement to make the game, video etc. look as intended

Last edited:
Is it too early to jump in the adventure?

I mean Shenmue HD was mostly fixed after patch 1.02. Shall i wait a few patches to really enjoy the game?

Last edited:

INC

Is it too early to jump in the adventure?

I mean Shenmue HD was mostly fixed after patch 1.02. Shall i wait a few patches to really enjoy the game?

Depends, do you like tapping X constantly to ride a horse? Do you like floaty broken controls? A story that takes 4-5 to do anything of interest?

If so it's the game for you lol

The Shepard

Having to turn up the sharpness on your TV to fix and image quality issue shows exactly that there is problem. Games, Movies etc. are all mastered with "0" sharpness and no need to add any sharpness or image enhancement to make the game, video etc. look as intended

I completely agree with you. Turning up the sharpness works as a short term fix for people until rockstar patch it. It looks so much better, i couldn't play it as it was.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I completely agree with you. Turning up the sharpness works as a short term fix for people until rockstar patch it. It looks so much better, i couldn't play it as it was.

Might give that a go. I usually hate those kind of "fake" adjustments but as a temporary fix it could work.

I still don't think it's that bad, but definitely noticeable.

Virex

Banned
I fully agree with you. So nice to actually get a reply from someone not thinking that my reply was an attack on them:messenger_grinning: I know R* is working on a fix but I still think 1440p would be better or use proper checkerboarding for 4K like Horizon and God of War uses. The PS4 Pro was built for 4k checkerboarding

Depends, do you like tapping X constantly to ride a horse? Do you like floaty broken controls? A story that takes 4-5 to do anything of interest?

If so it's the game for you lol
giphy.gif

Your not wrong tho.

thelastword

Banned
These guys can keep 1440p, that's even a lower footprint than what they're using now.....I want proper 4KCB, like was intended....1620p might fly, but 4KCB should still be the go-to.....It would still deliver the best IQ on PRO, if it's actually done right..

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
These guys can keep 1440p, that's even a lower footprint than what they're using now.....I want proper 4KCB, like was intended....1620p might fly, but 4KCB should still be the go-to.....It would still deliver the best IQ on PRO, if it's actually done right..

The HZD method was stellar.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I usually don't recommend enhancers
But I enabled the Sony's Reality Creation on my TV, textures are clean and detailed and grass is as sharp as a blade with no artifacts or sharpening halos
I highly recommend anyone with the feature to at least try it out.

DryvBy

That's probably the biggest difference for me in the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro. The texture blurring when up close. At a distance, I think it looks pretty close.

The biggest difference between the two for me is that Xbox One's cooling system is a heck of a lot better as my PS4 Pro sounds like a jet is taking off in my house.

Top Bottom