• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Emmerich's Pearl Harbor 2 trailer (update: trailer 2)

Silent Duck

Pssshh :pie_eyeroll: So much for accuracy.
They’re missing what made WWII the spectacle it was... giant prehistoric bird monsters.

AmFygCA.jpg

Character posters, including the Japanese side.

Skrein plays Dick Best, the real-life dive bomber who sank a Japanese aircraft carrier during the titular battle. When Emmerich visited Pearl Harbour during his research, the current admiral of the fleet was vocal with the filmmaker about his dislike of previous naval warfare films. “He attacked me and said, ‘Is this another of these stupid Hollywood movies? Let me tell you something. There’s one guy in this whole story nobody ever talks about. Who in this room knows Dick Best?’,” Emmerich recalls in Empire's October issue. “I raised my hand and said, ‘My whole movie’s about this man!’”

lAbKhKp.jpg

Teletraan1

Banned
Roland Emmerich's movies are trash. The 20-40m of your life you will never get back building up Dick Best's dad to culminate in him saving a school bus full of kids or random people who are tangentially related to the plot of the movie sacrificing themselves are never worth the payoff in his movies.

Mahadev

Both Evilore and 12Goblins are right about this one. Roland Emmerich's movies can be abysmal and fun to watch at the same time. See this clip from 2012:

Is this a movie or a documentary? I suspect it's the former because that part near the end looked a little unrealistic. Could be wrong though.

Looks like a video game with decent graphics.

Conceptually as a film, I would find this offensive. You're trolling with history at this point, German director dude.

Top Bottom