• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic released on iOS and Android - $5.99

Illucio

Banned
Confirmed bug. Also, Vandalism is fucking nuts; everyone's happy but replace any broken chairs/bins/street lights and 1 second later the freak destroy them again
So I'm not the only one who thought this was a bug. Seriously happiness levels are through the roof yet some stupid vandal destroyed everything off screen.

If I find them I shall punish them by having him trapped in my own personal hell.

Links not working for me

Here. Found on Reddit. Made me lol.

VpdFORT.jpg

clemmy

Anyone know how to export/import saves on iOS? I'm trying to go from one iPad to another, both with the same Apple ID signed in, same Game Center signed in, with iCloud & iCloud backup enabled and the "sync saves with iCloud" checked off in the menus of both copies of the game & in the iCloud menu in Settings. Kind of stumped here, feel like I'm doing some basic thing wrong. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Sullichin

Confirmed bug. Also, Vandalism is fucking nuts; everyone's happy but replace any broken chairs/bins/street lights and 1 second later the freak destroy them again

Glad to know it's a confirmed issue, I want to make cool go kart tracks again

Yeah I definitely noticed the out of control vandalism too.

Alex

This got patched today, didn't see any notes. Hope the few bugs it has are fixed as this thing is as perfect as it can be otherwise

kramer

This got patched today, didn't see any notes. Hope the few bugs it has are fixed as this thing is as perfect as it can be otherwise

What patch? I'm waiting for one to sort out the continual crashing, but nothing available.

Orbis

Yeah the go-karts thing is a bit annoying, I love designing go-kart tracks, they make decent $$$ too. Hopefully fixed soon.

On vandalism, I honestly haven't felt it much different from RCT1/2 levels where it was also a frustration. For as long as I've been playing RCT I always focus benches and bins around 'food courts' which I then assign a security guard to. Seems to solve that problem.

I'll just put my overall thoughts so far after playing 3-4 scenarios. It's an amazingly faithful port and hybrid of RCT1+2, I've had not a single technical issue so far and the interface is well optimised for a tablet. I'm playing on a Samsung Tab S 2 and it looks gorgeous on that OLED display.

whitehawk

Banned
Just got this working on my surface pro 2 using remix OS, it runs like a dream. I could run it on my SP2 via windows 10, but this is so much better for portable use, now I don't need a mouse or keyboard, i can just play it in tablet form.
Anyone know how to export/import saves on iOS? I'm trying to go from one iPad to another, both with the same Apple ID signed in, same Game Center signed in, with iCloud & iCloud backup enabled and the "sync saves with iCloud" checked off in the menus of both copies of the game & in the iCloud menu in Settings. Kind of stumped here, feel like I'm doing some basic thing wrong. Any help appreciated, thanks!
I feel like their wording could have been more clear. I think it supports progress syncing, but not actual scenerios. Hopefully they add that later.

Weetrick

I feel like their wording could have been more clear. I think it supports progress syncing, but not actual scenerios. Hopefully they add that later.

Yes, it syncs "progress". So if you unlock a park, it will be avaliable on all devices. However, specific park saves are not. I believe that's part of the $5.99 DLC though??

squid

Loving this. Good port of the game, works well. I like the little changes they've made too, like adding in fast forward and showing money when and where it's being made.

Will be quite a while until I buy the expansions, since there's so many scenarios already. Glad they included both 1 & 2 in the app!

clemmy

Just got this working on my surface pro 2 using remix OS, it runs like a dream. I could run it on my SP2 via windows 10, but this is so much better for portable use, now I don't need a mouse or keyboard, i can just play it in tablet form.I feel like their wording could have been more clear. I think it supports progress syncing, but not actual scenerios. Hopefully they add that later.

Yes, it syncs "progress". So if you unlock a park, it will be avaliable on all devices. However, specific park saves are not. I believe that's part of the $5.99 DLC though??

Ahh, I see. I think Weetrick is right, maybe the IAP import/export was what I was looking for. No worries, thanks guys.

Koren

Is there any reason to play this over the PC games (except mobility)?

(I ask this because I still play the originals... especially the first. I'm amazed that I still saw the original games sold in a shop yesterday)

Weetrick

Is there any reason to play this over the PC games (except mobility)?

(I ask this because I still play the originals... especially the first. I'm amazed that I still saw the original games sold in a shop yesterday)

The only difference I see is the ability to speed up time. It's handy for when you are waiting for research or cashflow. Otherwise, the game is basically the same but portable.

kamakazi5

Does the old trick still work where you set the park admission as free and then set ride prices to the excitement rating?

Im really tempted to buy it. But can I start playing on my ipad and continue with the same park on the go with my iphone?

As I read you guys, it seems icloud progression sync means "unlock sync"

Thank you!

I'm addicted to this game. I used to love playing this as a kid and I'm all in this time around. Been actually working towards completing each level instead of just building crazy ass coasters and crashing and killing people. And I'm not cheating this time heh.

Porcile

So you can only access the Toolkit if you're connected to the internet? I wanted to play it on my 12 hour plane ride home but wasn't able to because I couldn't log into my account. I paid for that shit. Fuck that.

whitehawk

Banned
Love this gave. Just got a one plus 3t and now the game runs properly. Such a fantastic port.
Im really tempted to buy it. But can I start playing on my ipad and continue with the same park on the go with my iphone?

As I read you guys, it seems icloud progression sync means "unlock sync"

Thank you!
Correct.

Unfortunately you can't continue the same saved park, but if you beat the scenerio, that progress will be synced across all devices.

Sucks, but just have 2 parks going at a time and it's not a big deal.

Top Bottom