• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Romancing SaGa 3 remake coming westward, new content, RS2 Vita still on the way

Fantastic news!

Once this releases in the West, how many of Squaresoft's 16bit classics still don't have official English translations?

- Romancing Saga
- Live a Live
- Rudra no Hihou
- Seiken Densetsu 3 (although hopefully the collection will come westwards)
- Bahamut Lagoon
- Radical Dreamers (can't remember if this has ever been localised or not)

Am I missing any?

Hanjuku Hero, Alcahest, DynamiTracer and Treasure Conflix.

Neither of these is developed by Square.
Sting did Treasure Hunter G.
Omiya did Gun Hazard.

As the publisher and producer Square still has the rights to these titles though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd buy 'em both, and at full price. I've actually been hoping they'd port those to iOS, since they ported the DS versions of FF3 and 4 already.
It's because that ugly remake of Lufia II bombed that SE became gun-shy on the DS.

Arzehn

Nice! I guess I'll do another playthrough when we get it, with different characters. Trophies should be fun too.

Good to hear RS2 getting reconfirmed too.

Quixzlizx

I don't really know much about these games, but I'm assuming they're good, and I want to support the more esoteric JRPG localizations.

I already have a PSTV, but maybe it's time to get a Vita soon. Just gotta find one with an older FW, if I'm understanding this homebrew situation right.

There's a good chance these games will have a firmware requirement that locks out homebrewed Vitas.

Faustek

See? I told everyone to believe. Kawazu is a bit slow, but he is good. Scarlet Grace will come too. We must believe!

I think it'll come with that enhanced PS4 version you mentioned in the OT.... man i Need to finish up. Got stuck in ch5 then everything else came out and I put it in my back log.

Also man today is a great day. This, Spicer being a damn fool, Black Panther making people vote Trump looking all cool and Japan still ain't screwing. Also I'm on a stay at home vacation for a week.

Lol and DQXI release date

Gotta love his commitment to making this happen on Vita. Will buy both 2 & 3 if they land on it.

But I really have to wonder what's going to happen with Scarlet Grace.

Link1110

I'm in for rs3 on my phone, but the Lord in me is disappointed they didn't call these Final Fantasy Legend 4 and 5 since 2 is there most fondly remembered game boy game of my childhood (similar to how the generation after me views Pokemon)

And i say this as someone who owns super famicom carts of all 3 RS games

killatopak

What are the chances that SE may release these games on PC I wonder. Vita is dead in the West alongside its software sales. I mean yeah, there are probably couple thousand people who will buy them (including myself), but they really need the PS4/PC ports for Western gaming audience.

All that said, Day 1 for Vita for both 2 & 3.

Nah. The vita english does not revolve around the west. People in various parts of europe and asia will want an english version as well.

What are the chances that SE may release these games on PC I wonder. Vita is dead in the West alongside its software sales. I mean yeah, there are probably couple thousand people who will buy them (including myself), but they really need the PS4/PC ports for Western gaming audience.

All that said, Day 1 for Vita for both 2 & 3.

They could release them on every system in existence and they wouldn't sell more than a couple thousand

aadiboy

These games use the FF2 leveling system, right? Well, that's literally my least favorite leveling system in FF but to support classic games coming to Vita I'll still buy them.

Link1110

These games use the FF2 leveling system, right? Well, that's literally my least favorite leveling system in FF but to support classic games coming to Vita I'll still buy them.
A refined version of it anyway. Ff2 and SaGa 1 were rough, but these are essentially SaGa 5 and 6. The series got much better.

jb1234

A refined version of it anyway. Ff2 and SaGa 1 were rough, but these are essentially SaGa 5 and 6. The series got much better.

I think a lot of people hold the later games (like Unlimited SaGa) against the series too, which is unfortunate. They are definitely not for everyone but I've found some pleasure in Romancing SaGa 2, which I've recently been playing. I'm definitely looking forward to playing 3.

Top Bottom