• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rosanne's Racism Exceeds ABC's Tolerance; TV Show Reboot Now Canceled

TheMikado

Banned
Too bad she didn't work for MSNBC, or insulted gays, or claimed she was hacked instead of owning up to what she did and apologizing, or was a black Trump hating woman instead of a white Trump supporter.

Then maybe she could have gotten away with it like Joy Reid did.

Wait so you don’t like the free market?

Papa

Banned
..... what? She asked everyone not to defend her stupid tweet. How is that not admitting her racist intent? Why would she say not to defend it if she didn’t think it was wrong?

And she is doubling down on the fact it was a stupid tweet. She had apologized before suggesting she made a mistake before the cancellation, and she is admitting it again. She went too far on her attempt at a joke and she knows it.

Don’t “...what?” me, boy. Doubling down would’ve been defending the tweet. It’s ironic that you’re now doubling down on the fact you didn’t understand what doubling down was. She didn’t say anything about intent in her apology, only that it was a stupid tweet and a mistake.

Durask

lol leave it to the party of personal responsibility to blame it on the drugs

I must say you have to be really dumb to post stuff like this on Twitter, so I am sure she's had some inhibitions removed. Whether with alcohol or Ambien or both - who knows.

lol leave it to the party of personal responsibility to blame it on the drugs
I'm not blaming the drug. As far as I am concerned, both parties are being stupid.

I don't doubt that Roseanne is pulling this excuse right out of her ass. However, for Sanofi to pretend like acting like an angry and aggressive whackjob isn't a potential side effect when it says it on the God damn site for the drug that such behavior IS a side effect, is absolutely ridiculous and can inadvertently lend credence to Roseanne's story, thus undermining certain criticism's of her.

Last edited:

CreamCream

Banned
I'm not blaming the drug. As far as I am concerned, both parties are being stupid.

I don't doubt that Roseanne is pulling this excuse right out of her ass. However, for Sanofi to pretend like acting like an angry and aggressive whackjob isn't a potential side effect when it says it on the God damn site for the drug that such behavior IS a side effect, is absolutely ridiculous and can inadvertently lend credence to Roseanne's story, thus undermining certain criticism's of her.
They said that racism is not a side effect. This is true. They did nothing wrong.

You even admit that you know Roseanne is pulling the excuse out of her ass so they likely know this as well. We all know that she is just bringing up the drug to try and downplay her racism and that is clearly what that tweet is making a joke about.

Last edited:

Future

Don’t “...what?” me, boy. Doubling down would’ve been defending the tweet. It’s ironic that you’re now doubling down on the fact you didn’t understand what doubling down was. She didn’t say anything about intent in her apology, only that it was a stupid tweet and a mistake.

What are you on about dude. Obviously I meant she is doubling down on the apology. She apologized before and she is mentioning again it was indefensible as she sees people defend her. Hence, doubling down. What’s confusing about this? Unless you didn’t read what I initially said which is starting sound like was the case

And I have no idea why we are arguing about intent at all. She said she went too far with the joke. There is only one thing that she can be referring to: the fact it was a racist joke. What is the debate here? That she may not have intended to make a racist joke?

Last edited:

zumphry

Banned
I must say you have to be really dumb to post stuff like this on Twitter, so I am sure she's had some inhibitions removed. Whether with alcohol or Ambien or both - who knows.

I mean, she seems to retweet fake or stupid shit all the time, so this doesn't seem that far removed, tbh.

I mean, she seems to retweet fake or stupid shit all the time, so this doesn't seem that far removed, tbh.
After her marriage to Tom Arnold was over, we found out Tom was less crazy. She’s bat shit crazy folks. Whether she is in need of medication or a change in medication is tbd

They said that racism is not a side effect. This is true. They did nothing wrong.

You even admit that you know Roseanne is pulling the excuse out of her ass so they likely know this as well. We all know that she is just bringing up the drug to try and downplay her racism and that is clearly what that tweet is making a joke about.
Except it isn't necessary. Just because Roseanne is clearly lying doesn't make Sanofi's tweet less bullshit.

Papa

Banned
What are you on about dude. Obviously I meant she is doubling down on the apology. She apologized before and she is mentioning again it was indefensible as she sees people defend her. Hence, doubling down. What’s confusing about this? Unless you didn’t read what I initially said which is starting sound like was the case

And I have no idea why we are arguing about intent at all. She said she went too far with the joke. There is only one thing that she can be referring to: the fact it was a racist joke. What is the debate here? That she may not have intended to make a racist joke?

How the fuck do you double down on an apology?

pramod

Banned
Funny thing is the only reason this is huge news and covered by CNN non stop is because Trump talked about her show. Or else no one would care about some has-been crazy racist celebrity.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
This is why you keep your personal side off social media, at work, or in public.

Let's face it..we are all racist in some way. I dont believe for a second you dont make jokes or have preconceived notions about other races outside your own.

But you dont post that shit...

zumphry

Banned
This is why you keep your personal side off social media, at work, or in public.

Let's face it..we are all racist in some way. I dont believe for a second you dont make jokes or have preconceived notions about other races outside your own.

Lmao if this helps you sleep at night...find something else

GhostOfTsu

Banned
It doesn't take courage to share stupidity.
I just googled that "VJ" woman and she actually does look like those actors on Planet of the Apes. Regardless of her race(she's very pale anyway), the form of her face reminds me of an ape. It jumps at you the second you see her. Roseanne is right.

Anyone had the courage to admit this in the media?

gohepcat

Banned

Fuck it’s depressing that you think like this.

Papa

Banned
I just googled that "VJ" woman and she actually does look like those actors on Planet of the Apes. Regardless of her race(she's very pale anyway), the form of her face reminds me of an ape. It jumps at you the second you see her. Roseanne is right.

Troll?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Except it isn't necessary. Just because Roseanne is clearly lying doesn't make Sanofi's tweet less bullshit.

Agreed, though I would argue it was a deliberately (albeit poorly) worded tweet to push the idea that "Ambien doesn't cause racism!" - even though it does lower your inhibitions just like alcohol. I have had enough experience to know that well.

Fuck it’s depressing that you think like this.

People have racial/social biases. Some could say that they are racist thoughts. Most people tend to not say those stupid thoughts aloud like Roseanne did. It is a very understandable train of thought, and it is depressing that you can't see past your hot take to have an actual conversation about it. However, that seems to be your MO - so I am not sure why I expected more.

What working class family has a home that nice? I question the validity of that statement from Netflix. Anyways, any idea if the show is actually decent?

Papa

Banned
Do we really need to debate, in 2018, whether racism is cool though?

How on earth did you get that from what he said? He was talking about implicit biases, which the social justice types are constantly whinging at everyone to confront, and you think he’s making some sort of statement in favour of racism?

CreamCream

Banned

This post is just sliding by and I’m assuming this poster won’t be banned.

I don’t know how many times it needs to be said.

DO NOT compare black people to apes. It’s INCREDIBLY racist.

“Regardless” nothing. If you are so stupid that you just can’t hold in your desire to compare a black person to an ape, you deserve all punishment that comes your way.

Last edited:

Gun Animal

It's too bad that she apologized. Should have doubled down.

edit: if valarie jarett is black then who *isn't*?

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
edit: if valarie jarett is black then who *isn't*?

693-0529080825-Rosanne-Barr-and-Valerie-Jarrett.jpg

Roseanne is blacker than her.

Ke0

How the hell did this even make it to page 5?

People who claim to love the free market and employer rights to terminate or punish employees for their political stances and statements suddenly no longer like those things when applied to celebrities they like

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Black is a social construct, in reality there are only TWO Races, as defined by Benjamin Franklin (White, and Swarthy)

I don't go to Ben Franklin for the definitions of race. French hookers? That I'll take his word on.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Funny thing is the only reason this is huge news and covered by CNN non stop is because Trump talked about her show. Or else no one would care about some has-been crazy racist celebrity.

She legit had the hottest sitcom on TV in America. What are you talking about?

Jon Neu

Banned
By the way, the other cast of Roseanne should be mad as hell with her for destroying the show with her stupidity.

Top Bottom