• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rottenwatch: THE DARK KNIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
29look4.jpg

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/
It's out! What are you waiting fo--oh sorry US. :D

Currently at 95%
Reviews Counted: 231, Fresh: 219, Rotten: 12

A dark, ambitious, mature and gritty crime saga the likes of which Michael Mann or Martin Scorsese would be proud to call their own

Martin Scorsese's The Departed. Michael Mann's Heat. Brian de Palma's The Untouchables. And now, Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight can join the ranks as one of the best crime dramas in modern movie history.

Daring and uncompromisingly different from previous incarnations of Batman, Nolan hasn't redefined the superhero genre as much as created an unforgettable piece of crime fiction within the context of that realm.

The Dark Knight is not only the best film I have seen this year, but quite possibly the best superhero movie ever made.

An ambitious, full-bodied crime epic of gratifying scope and moral complexity, this is seriously brainy pop entertainment that satisfies every expectation raised by its hit predecessor and then some.

Nolan's sequel surpasses the original with an intense, disturbing masterpiece.

Pure adrenaline. [Nolan], having dispensed with his introspective, moody origin story, now puts the Caped Crusader through a decathlon of explosions, vehicle flips, hand-to-hand combat, midair rescues and pulse-pounding suspense.

Dark, grim, haunting and inventive, Dark Knight is nothing short of brilliant, representing Chris Nolan's most accomplished and mature work to date and the best and scariest comic-hero adaptation you're likely to see this summer, perhaps the whole year.

The film is quite special but where some films can weather extraneous or padded scenes, The Dark Knight has some distracting bloat to it which keeps it out of masterpiece territory.

The haunting and visionary Dark Knight soars on the wings of untamed imagination.

Darko

Amir0x said:
wtg, no Rottentomatoes link
its right under the image. :lol

Martin Scorsese's The Departed. Michael Mann's Heat. Brian de Palma's The Untouchables. And now, Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight can join the ranks as one of the best crime dramas in modern movie history.

Cant fucking wait, Already got my IMAX tickets for the Friday.. and again Saturday :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wait, I thought Harvey Dent's face was scarred/burned/maimed on his left side.

Halycon said:
Wait, I thought Harvey Dent's face was scarred/burned/maimed on his left side.

It's a mirror.

Oh, and I thought we were making the Solo thread the Official Dark Knight Thread for when the OT goes down?

JavaMava

Those are some pretty high claims for a Batman flick. I mean I liked the one before it... but this seems like it's a huge improvement.

We'll see.

MercuryLS

Banned
JavaMava said:
Those are some pretty high claims for a Batman flick. I mean I liked the one before it... but this seems like it's a huge improvement.

We'll see.

Yeah, I enjoyed the first one but I didn't love it as much as others here did. It was an origin story and there's only so much you can do with that, there was a lot of potential though. I had higher expectations for TDK but since I thought BB was merely good rather than great, it was hard to get hyped.

However, I just watched the prologue 15mins ago and I'm now a believer. The wait will be painful.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
WOW WOW WOW
i read a review on aintitcool days ago from some director where he raved about it like crazy i thought to myself (eh i'm sure it's awesome but that dude sounds like a fanboy) now i'm reading those reviews' headlines on RT, and i'm just speechless... they're comparing Nolan with Scorsese O_O HOW CRAZY IS THAT!

totally stoked here!

woodchuck said:
if waiting an extra 6 months for wall-e meant getting TDK a couple days earlier, it would still be worth it.

I'll make sure to see it an extra few times before the US release date just to make you happy.

Weenerz

Banned
Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait

Have my tickets purchased for midnight imax and the next day on a regular showing, hot sex!

traveler

Not Wario
Can't wait for this. BB is my favorite superhero flick of all time. (if we exclude The Incredibles) Now I just need to find an Imax theatre near central Georgia...

woodchuck said:
if waiting an extra 6 months for TDK meant getting Wall-E a couple days earlier, it would still be worth it.

I agree

black_13

Banned
I'm gonna bombard the first critic that gives it a bad review on RT with lots of hate mail. Never done this before but I feel I should step up to it now.

Darko

Weenerz said:
Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait

Have my tickets purchased for midnight imax and the next day on a regular showing, hot sex!

only twice? ;P

I may end up getting tickets to a prescreeening on the 15th (if I choose to camp out for them)

package_june27_EN.jpg

traveler said:
Can't wait for this. BB is my favorite superhero flick of all time. (if we exclude The Incredibles) Now I just need to find an Imax theatre near central Georgia...

I agree

There isn't one unless you go to Atlanta. I live in central georgia.

traveler

Not Wario
storybook77 said:
There isn't one unless you go to Atlanta. I live in central georgia.

Atlanta it is then. I just checked and it looks like the Mall of Georgia has one. Two hour drive, here I come!

Mifune said:
Some of you are giving fans of this movie a bad name.

"Probably a chick will be the first to do it."

It's not this movie; it's EVERY movie. Seriously, despite all the objections to the contrary, people WILL look and find a reason to bash whoever gives a highly anticipated film with a number of positive reviews the first negative review. It's horribly stupid but it happens, nonetheless, every single time.

woxel1

IMAX is truly and utterly the best way to experience this movie. For those of you who are about to suffer 35mm, we salute you.

PS. I resent the word "rotten" in this thread's title. It should be revoked.

Solo

Exempted said:
Rottenwatch: The Dark Knight Thread of Solo Eating Bat-Crow

I dont get it.... what did I do aside from having realistic expectations/creating the OG TDK thread?

Defcon

Banned
traveler said:
Atlanta it is then. I just checked and it looks like the Mall of Georgia has one. Two hour drive, here I come!

It's not this movie; it's EVERY movie. Seriously, despite all the objections to the contrary, people WILL look and find a reason to bash whoever gives a highly anticipated film with a number of positive reviews the first negative review. It's horribly stupid but it happens, nonetheless, every single time.

I'm going to the Mall of Georgia IMAX as well. Only a 40 minute drive for me though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom