• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: GTA IV - Which mods for better experience on PC?

TVexperto

So I want to replay GTA IV .. and the DLCs on my ultrawide monitor. I looked up some mods on Google and YouTube but somehow I feel like they made the game look worse or completely different than it should be.

Are there any mods that for example use higher textures, add more trees and vegetation and reduce the pop up and have a higher draw distance than the original pc version? Or should I just replay it how it is on steam right now. I heard it has some PC issues that some mods can fix?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

YCoCg

There's this guy who's known in the GTA community who's been doing accurate GTA IV improvements over the year, I'll link a few of his things here:

Xbox One buttons (default uses Xbox 360)
Higher Resolution Vehicles
Higher Resolution Vehicles TLAD
Higher Resolution Vehicles TBOGT
Higher Resolution Weapon Spec Map
Higher Resolution Radio HUD
Higher Resolution Radio Menu

And if you're just using the latest Steam version, grab Fusion FIX which will fix up some issues and graphical problems (note, install this first as it overwrites the vehicle IMG for TBOGT).

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
And if you're just using the latest Steam version, grab Fusion FIX which will fix up some issues and graphical problems (note, install this first as it overwrites the vehicle IMG for TBOGT).

That's some visual purist shit. I love it and I just installed it. I'm also casually replaying GTA IV at the moment but to be honest I did not notice any graphical problems with it.

My one tip on how to replay GTA IV on PC is: don't play in 4k. The game visuals were not designed for it. Drop it down to 1440p or 1080p to get this nice, soft look. :messenger_heart:

Top Bottom