• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4060 Ti review thread

Leonidas

RT doesn't yield playable framerates on either card so that really an non issue.
4060 Ti RT performance is similar to 3070 and 2080 Ti. It's a good RT experience for 1080p and I was okay using 3070 for RT for nearly 2 years at 1440p. Much better RT than RDNA2.

Last edited:

MikeM

I'm just pointing out facts that are obvious to me. Since when did PS5 have a GPU that was within 3-8% of a 2080 Ti to make people say the PS5 GPU is faster?
Didn’t it get 2080+ perf out of Death Stranding? Unless i’m wrong, doesn’t console-pc equivalent performance change as the console ages better than initial PC comparable hardware?
A PS5 can’t play a quarter of what a PC can.

On a side note, what does “ti” even mean anymore?
Hentai waifu games aren’t really missed though. Maybe the strategy games for a subset but they likely already have pc.

Does the console population care tho?
4060 Ti performs like a 2080 Ti at 1080p. 4% worse at 1440p and 8% worse at 4K.

PS5 performs like a mid-range last gen AMD GPU when you turn on RT.
Fuck RT. I run a 7900xt and still keep that shit off. Gimme dem framesssss

Leonidas

If by 'loses' you mean beats then you are correct. And the 6700 XT has 16 Gigs of VRAM, which actually puts it in direct competition with the upcoming $500 4060TI. It's not even close.
Seems you missed the "RT" part.
4060 Ti is 40% faster than 6700 XT at RT.

Also the 6700 XT has 12 GB of VRAM, not 16...

SomeGit

As it scales down the product stack it becomes even worse, I cannot even imagine the mental gymnastics you need to defend a card that even loses to the previous generation card in some tests.

manfestival

Only things from this gen I would consider are the 7900xtx , 4080, and 4090. Especially now that I can find the xtx for $900... that definitely seems to be the move

Leonidas

Didn’t it get 2080+ perf out of Death Stranding? Unless i’m wrong
That could be the case in a handful of games. It is also the case that if you turn on RT the PS5 can perform like a mid-range RTX 2060 from 2018 in a handful of games.
Fuck RT. I run a 7900xt and still keep that shit off. Gimme dem framesssss
I turn on RT and DLSS and get both RT and high framerates and it looks great...
I would argue that at this performance level, RT isn't really all that relavent for this class of cards.
RT performance for 4060 Ti is sufficient. I've used 3070 for nearly two years at 1440p and turned on DLSS + RT and I thought the experience was great.

You can now get a good RT experience out of a $400 GPU.

Spyxos

Gold Member
That's because that 2+ year old 6700 XT is currently 30-40% off. Any card can become good value if you discount it enough.

6700 XT even with the discounts still loses to the 4060 Ti perf/$ in RT though.
4060 Ti is not a RT card. Too little Vram so the comparison is flawed.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Idk why anyone would waste their time watching this channel. He wasn’t in this review but he just talks out his butt most the time.
I watch a few of his videos from time to time, more like listen to them while answering emails and such, but mainly stick to channels that really do a much better job at analysis

Buggy Loop

So Jay just threw one of his employee under the bus? Holy fuck lol

Just own the review you fucking pussy.

There's a couple of positive reviews out there for this card, it all depends on the expectations. I don't recommend it (this gen overall lol), but cmon, it's not a "oh no they'll cancel me!" moment ffs.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
That's because that 2+ year old 6700 XT is currently 30-40% off. Any card can become good value if you discount it enough.

That’s how it should be. Old gen cards should be discounted, not sold at the same price as they were day one. Especially when newer cards release that should be beating them handily on price and performance.

These new cards are nothing but trash.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Im not a PC gamer but who the fucks swallow this kind of shit ? ... is outrageous
This is what happens when you have no competition. AMD is way behind on features and has nothing at all on the high range. Intel is brand new and still working out their drivers, and only really exists in the low range.

nVidia is gimping their affordable cards to make their high end more appealing and their high end cards are in a class of their own but also in a price bracket of their own.

DaGwaphics

That is as bad as this 4060Ti. If not worse, as it's only a 30$ diference, but we get a GPU made in N6, FSR2 is worse than DLSS2, worse ray tracing performance, and still no Frame Generation.
Screw NVidia and screw AMD, for scalping gamers.

It is $130 less than the 4060ti. We'll have to see how it compares vs. the vanilla 4060. AMD's opening is the $500 price point that the 6700xt launched at. The 6700XT already doesn't compare that badly against the 4060ti, a revision with even a 15 or 20% performance gain will be a lot more interesting for 1440p gamers, IMO. But you never know until things are actually released and can be compared.

PeteBull

4060ti will have even worse P/P ratio. At least with 4070 you have 600$ GPU that have more or less the same performance as 700$ 3080 and 2 more gb of VRAM. With 4060ti you gain nothing lol.

4090 - expensive but powerful as fuck
4080 - way too expensive
4070ti - expensive but the most important thing is mere 12gb of VRAM, for 800$ people should expect more
4070 - should be cheaper but it's quite ok overall
Everything below doesn't look good at all.
Exactly my thoughts, 4080 would be solid option at 1k$, not amazing but good enough to consider if u were customer in that price range, at 1,200 u simply save a bit longer and go for BiS 4090.
And yup 4070 seems like ok deal, not amazing by any means but at least u wont feel bad after purchase, u get roughly half of 4090 performance and vram for 1/3rd of the price.

winjer

Gold Member
It is $130 less than the 4060ti. We'll have to see how it compares vs. the vanilla 4060. AMD's opening is the $500 price point that the 6700xt launched at. The 6700XT already doesn't compare that badly against the 4060ti, a revision with even a 15 or 20% performance gain will be a lot more interesting for 1440p gamers, IMO. But you never know until things are actually released and can be compared.

The performance of the 7600 should be around that of the 6650XT.
A tier down from the 4060Ti.

PeteBull

4060 Ti RT performance is similar to 3070 and 2080 Ti. It's a good RT experience for 1080p and I was okay using 3070 for RT for nearly 2 years at 1440p. Much better RT than RDNA2.
Its 400$msrp card which nvidia made sure will only be useful in 1080p in newest games, and not for long either, probably only for 1 gen, by the time we get 5060ti and that time for sure with 12 gigs of vram, every 4060ti owner will be forced to upgrade.

TheBreezyBB

Consoles have always been cheaper though. Sony and Microsoft can take the hit because they make their money from software, being platform holders.

Don't disagree though. Pricing this generation has been awful for the specs and performance gained. A lot of which contributes to an almost shrinkflation of specs where everything is pushed down a tier and priced up one lol.
Pre-covid, you could have built something as good as PS4 pro or better for $600!

Right now pc is in a really bad spot, imagine wanting to play in 4k in this day and age, PS5 and Xbox combined will cost less than the price of PC!!

adamosmaki

Now if AMD were to try a bit they might gain share over Nvidia but at this point i dont think they even care. They will probably undercut Nvidia by a bit call it a day and be happy with that 15% market share and we the consumers are still getting semi s***t tier products
At least with AMD in a years time prices will be corrected

DaGwaphics

The performance of the 7600 should be around that of the 6650XT.
A tier down from the 4060Ti.

Right, that's why I said we'll really have to wait and see how that compares to the $299 4060 before we can comment on that one. I don't think AMD will have that much of a price/performance advantage there (if any). The 7700 will be the more interesting to compare product from AMD (at 1440p) or maybe even a 7600xt if there even is one of those coming. So far AMD is holding pricing on the updated models or even lowering prices a bit (as they are doing on the 7600), since the 6700XT MSRP was $479 if they hold that or even lower it to $450 you might have something compelling there. Especially since even the 6700xt is turning some respectable numbers here in modern titles vs. the 4060ti.

Last edited:

lukilladog

You're right, I did miss the RT part. Still, I would argue that at this performance level, RT isn't really all that relavent for this class of cards.

It would be if it had at least 12gb... I played a few games with RT on a 3050 with dlss, but 8gb is legacy at this point. DOA.

Now if AMD were to try a bit they might gain share over Nvidia but at this point i dont think they even care. They will probably undercut Nvidia by a bit call it a day and be happy with that 15% market share and we the consumers are still getting semi s***t tier products
At least with AMD in a years time prices will be corrected
People want amd to make nvidia lower their prices. The issue is that the moment they release a good product, people should buy it. Instead they go back to invidia immediately and the cycle repeats.

I think its pretty nuts that folk are out here batting for Nvidia over a $400 1080p GPU. Doesn't bode well for the regular 4060 either if the Ti variant is already the 1080p card :messenger_grimmacing_

lukilladog

This card is so bad, it manages to lose to the 3060Ti in some games.

Tb3bbbR.png

sean-astin-tcb.gif

nervous-kermit.gif

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
AMD has an opportunity to shift the narrative positively in their direction, but seeing as they were more than happy to follow Nvidia with crazy expensive GPUs this past gen, I'm not very optimistic.

Bry0

I watch a few of his videos from time to time, more like listen to them while answering emails and such, but mainly stick to channels that really do a much better job at analysis
My first post was a bit harsh. But yeah it just seems like every couple of months he does something like this or spreads some fud theories like why 4090 connectors were melting or why the reference 7900’s had high junction temps. Then people like Gamers nexus have to go debunk all the misinformation that gets repeated from jayz videos because he likes to talk out his butt on camera pretending to have the answers. He needs to take his time and stop trying to be first to everything. The quality of the content suffers and so does his credibility.

Last edited:
Top Bottom