• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 3 more Wii U exclusives hinted by the one who hinted at Devil's Third

slit

Are you just lisitng third party franchises that you would want to see on the WiiU lol.

Theres a new Tales coming for the PS3 this year and after that the Tales series will be on PS4.

Uh.....yeah. I thought that was the fun of the thread? Did you really take some of these answers seriously? lol

Uh.....yeah. I thought that was the fun of the thread? Did you really take some of these answers seriously? lol

Its hard to tell when some are being serious and some aren't.

Bayonetta's story and art direction are not really worse compared to the original DMC series, i find the art direction to be distinctively beautiful, and the story, while badly presented, is very detailed and more subtle than say, DmC, the soundtrack is much better than DmC too, just saying, i agree that DMC 5 should be made internally, but Platinum is a good choice too, even if its unlikely.
Platinum can make beautiful games when they want

Going to have to disagree.

DMC has far better style, art direction, story and characters.

AniHawk

just having fun with the idea that this may be true:

i think you guys can look outside of games coming out from big publishers. beyond good & evil and devil may cry will hit other systems. nintendo's actions with bayonetta 2 and devil's third were essentially to save them from not coming out at all, and they were games from small developers. ubisoft and capcom are not platinum and valhalla.

a mistwalker rpg makes sense with those criteria. rodea would, except it was never stated to be anything but a nintendo exclusive title. so if it goes from being multiplatform to not being multipaltform, it means they'd be dropping the 3ds game, which is not something i would expect anyone would want.

the grinder could make sense. i don't think nintendo cares about what happens to high voltage software though. if this is something that's happening, i would guess they'd keep it to japan where it might be easier to oversee the project.

anyway, that's the direction i think people should be looking into:
-japanese developer (and unable to publish own titles)
-had a publishing deal with a bigger company that fell through
-was a multiplatform game for xbox 360 and ps3

a lot of other stuff can be ruled out.

Chunky

Get Ganbarion to do a spiritual successor to Pandora's Tower and Mistwalker to do the Really Last Story and you have the Rainfall trifecta.

Capcom 5 was a failure.

Out of the five games, only one remained exclusive and one got cancelled. On top of that, Capcom specifically noted it wanted to pursue multi platform releases in the future:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/2004annual/Annual2004e.pdf#page22

Nintendo can want to do it for all they like. The decision is Capcoms and looking at what happened previously and the notable RE4 betrayal I think we all know where this is going.
Yeah but if Nintendo wants to target the Bayonetta like games, it'll be in their interest to money hat DMC that's if their interested and I don't think Capcom a company that sold on disk DLC and their CFO is thinking of pay to win in street fighter will say no to money.

radcliff

I wonder if Nintendo would try and secure Wonder Flick as a console exclusive. They are looking for games to show off the Gamepad, and based on the title's gameplay, it would certainly seem to play better on the Gamepad rather than a traditional PS4 or XBOX1 controller. Plus Nintendo and Level 5 seem to be on good terms.

Neff

Yeah but if Nintendo wants to target the Bayonetta like games, it'll be in their interest to money hat DMC that's if their interested and I don't think Capcom a company that sold on disk DLC and their CFO is thinking of pay to win in street fighter will say no to money.

The key part of this (fun, hypothetical) formula is that Capcom won't want to embark on a 2014 megabudget project requiring hundreds of staff for sub-15m install base.

9m5o.png

Not in a million years. However Nintendo would, because they just are that kind of crazy right now. And it's not within the realms of impossibility for them to step up to Capcom and offer to pay for an exclusive title while making it worth their while in the process.

Although if they were to do this, I think they'd rather have a RE.

cafemomo

i don't see Ninty going after DMC at all

Like what neff said, I see them going after RE instead since that series has a somewhat successful run (for a 3rd party game) on Nintendo hardware

ThaGuy

I'm still waiting for my mario strikers Nintendo.

But I honestly would like to see the grinder get picked up. I thought left 4 dead was going to get announced at E3, but since it didn't I would love a similar game.

fred

I'd love to see The Grinder coming to the Wii U, looked great to me.

We could be looking at something from bigger indie developers though - Mistwalker, Suda51 or Crytek.

I'd also like to see Nintendo giving Ubisoft Montreal a few quid to continue work on ZombiU 2. If they fund the development entirely and also publish the game Ubisoft would get a small cut of the sales with little to no risk involved. It would probably do around 2m in sales I reckon, the first game must have done over 1m sales by now.

It would be in Nintendo's interest to do this because it would shift consoles.

I'm also surprised that we haven't had Nintendo Vs Capcom announced yet, it would be a licence to print money for both parties.

I don't think Capcom is foolish enough to think that the end result of putting their biggest franchises only on the Wii U is people buying the system for their franchises (which they won't). Rather than the reality where the sales potential of those franchises is severely hamstrung leaving their Western relevance further diminished.

SmokeMaxX

Tekken X Street Fighter. That'd be an interesting game to have exclusive to WiiU haha. I think they need a fighter that's not Smash (although I'd gladly take Pokken instead). They also need a sports game though...

But Bayonetta and Devil Third falls in the same realm of DMC, and both are creating quite a Buzz for Nintendo something they need.

Neff

The idea that Capcom would have anything to lose in terms of IP 'deterioration' by putting one on Wii U, on Nintendo's dollar or not, isn't relevant. They've had a ton of franchises bounce back just fine after flirtations with niche platforms. People are instantly willing to forgive and forget when an IP they like returns to a platform they own. What's more, broadening an IP is never a bad thing in any case. Licensing projects to multiple platforms is the kind of thing which has made Resident Evil an evergreen franchise, and SF/Megaman in their prime (and it's worth noting that those franchises didn't deteriorate because they went to a platform nobody wanted, it was because people simply got bored of them).

That said, while I'm sure Nintendo will continue to chase these kinds of games, I think DMC is a long shot, simply because it would be so expensive, and they now definitively have Bayo. But so long as a Nintendo DMC game was good (ie better than DmC, which it no doubt would be), then Capcom and the franchise would come out fine.

gogogow

I don't think Capcom is foolish enough to think that the end result of putting their biggest franchises only on the Wii U is people buying the system for their franchises (which they won't). Rather than the reality where the sales potential of those franchises is severely hamstrung leaving their Western relevance further diminished.

Not neccesarily RE7, but man, I was expecting RE4-2, after RE4 Wii selling so well, instead we got more onrails light gun shooter games. Fucking Capcom with their "tests".

No Capcom won't. As I have said Capcom is not going damage their big franchises by putting them exclusively on a system selling abysmally, especially when next gen, especially the PS4, is doing so well. They also have a next gen engine running.

Exactly.

Sendou

Yeah people can forget any thoughts involving any of the bigger publishers. That said if you want to play Capcom games you might want to own a smartphone instead of something like PS4. "PS4, is doing so well" indeed that's the case anywhere but in Capcom's home market. Smartphone gaming is also doing well and most importantly in the Japan too.

Not neccesarily RE7, but man, I was expecting RE4-2, after RE4 Wii selling so well, instead we got more onrails light gun shooter games. Fucking Capcom with their "tests".

Resident Evil 5 sold 6.5 million.
RE4 on Wii sold 1.9 million.

Capcom knows where the money is.

No Capcom won't. As I have said Capcom is not going damage their big franchises by putting them exclusively on a system selling abysmally, especially when next gen, especially the PS4, is doing so well. They also have a next gen engine running.
But the 3DS was selling abysmally when Capcom announced MonsterHunter and they even didn't give Vita the chance to show its sales strength. So there is a chance

But the 3DS was selling abysmally when Capcom announced MonsterHunter and they even didn't give Vita the chance to show its sales strength. So there is a chance

Where else was it going to go? :lol

RE7 will be for PS4 and XBO, as well as DmC.

Need that western money.

Where else was it going to go? :lol

RE7 will be for PS4 and XBO, as well as DmC.

Need that western money.
The new generation just started and nobody knows what might, how much these projects will cost in terms of development and time, seeing that most games were pushed to 2015 is not a good sign.

Oregano

I think Nintendo could easily get a Capcom game but people are thinking along the wrong lines. Megaman would be most likely I think.

Then it is stuff like Okami, a new VS game or even something like Onimusha or Power Stone.

I think that is the kind of profile Nintendo is going for, and also the kind they can get.

Frodo

So, another thread and Psycho_Mantis advocating that X game can't/shouldn’t/mustn’t be released or perform well on a Nintendo platform because of X and how it would be/perform better on the PS4/PS3/Vita... I see...

Edit: I'd say that Nintendo doesn't really care for sales performance, based on their previous 3rd parties exclusive acquisitions.

If I learned anything about this industry it that anything is possible and there is nothing that's fixed, Sonic was Mario's rival now they are in the same game, Insomniac now is developing an XBONE exclusive and Bungie is developing for PS4. Anything can happen whether it makes sense or not but that is what I like about this industry.

Damn right.

If I learned anything about this industry it that anything is possible and there is nothing that's fixed, Sonic was Mario's rival now they are in the same game, Insomniac now is developing an XBONE exclusive and Bungie is developing for PS4. Anything can happen whether it makes sense or not but that is what I like about this industry.

A barely touched port of a game already playable on the same console and it sold 2 million? I'd argue the money was right there.

You could see it that way though its an odd perspective. Something more logical would be, oh look RE5 has sold 5+ million copies on PS360, lets make Re6 for PS360 and sell another 5 million+ copies which is what they did.

1) 90% of MH sales come from Japan. RE makes the majority of sales in the West. Therefore WW install bases are more important.

2) They probably thought 3DS will if the better selling system looking at last gen and is also cheaper to develop for. They were right.

The new generation just started and nobody knows what might, how much these projects will cost in terms of development and time, seeing that most games were pushed to 2015 is not a good sign.

Don't you worry. A RE7 on next gen will make bank.

Resident Evil 5 sold 6.5 million.
RE4 on Wii sold 1.9 million.

Capcom knows where the money is.

This has to be one of the worst examples to proove a point ever.

A port of a game that was released 2 years earlier for the GameCube and PS2 goes on to sell almost a third of an entirely new game .

That shows where the money is ?

Top Bottom