• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 3 more Wii U exclusives hinted by the one who hinted at Devil's Third

Frodo

sörine;116651801 said:
So how did RE4 sell on PS360 again?

Wasn't it released only digitally? I guess we will never know the sales. But this snippet from Wikipedia (I know, but the source is CAPCOM themselves) is really interesting, all thigs considered:

The Nintendo GameCube version sold over 320,000 copies in North America during the first twenty days. The European release sold its entire 200,000 units during the first month. By January 2006, over 3,000,000 copies of the GameCube and PlayStation 2 versions had been shipped worldwide.[94] According to January 17, 2007 sales figures provided by Capcom, the GameCube version of Resident Evil 4 has sold a total of 1.6 million units worldwide, while the PS2 version has sold over 2 million units.[95] As of September 30, 2011, the PS2 version has sold 2.2 million units and the Wii Edition has sold 1.9 million units.[96] As of July 2011, the game has sold 7.03 million units across all formats, making it the best-selling Resident Evil title and for which it holds the record for "Best-Selling Survival Horror Game" in the 2012 Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition.[97]

Not bad for GC, considering the user base, and Wii version selling almost as much as PS2's. The corrected numbers as of today, according to CAPCOM are: 2300K for PS2 and 2000K for Wii's version.

Neff

I'd even say that 2.3m is pretty crap for a still fresh, near-perfect scoring high-profile action game against the PS2's gargantuan userbase.

DMC5 is so gonna be co-op.

This has to be one of the worst examples to proove a point ever.

A port of a game that was released 2 years earlier for the GameCube and PS2 goes on to sell almost a third of an entirely new game .

That shows where the money is ?

Opportunity cost.

Would Capcom rather make a new Resi game on PS360 after RE5's success (one of their best selling games) and sell another 5.5 million+ or settle for a RE4-2 on Wii, the original doing only 1.9 million on the console?

The answer is obvious hence RE6.

Opportunity cost.

Would Capcom rather make a new Resi game on PS360 after RE5's success (one of their best selling games) and sell another 5.5 million+ or settle for a RE4-2 on Wii, the original doing only 1.9 million on the console?

Resi 5 came 2 years after 4wii, they could easily have made a 4-2 on wii in that time, maybethey couldve dusted off and finished up one of the prototypes they had

TDLink

Capcom does what they do without much reason. They constantly say things are "tests" for something else in order to get you to buy whatever their newest product is but I don't believe it has ever actually resulted in them bringing whatever else they promised to market.

Anyways, I doubt Capcom as a major publisher is involved in this rumour. The three games are most likely independent developers who merely work with other publishers rather than a publisher's internal development studio. Just like Platinum and Valhalla.

Capcom does what they do without much reason. They constantly say things are "tests" for something else in order to get you to buy whatever their newest product is but I don't believe it has ever actually resulted in them bringing whatever else they promised to market.

Anyways, I doubt Capcom as a major publisher is involved in this rumour. The three games are most likely independent developers who merely work with other publishers rather than a publisher's internal development studio. Just like Platinum and Valhalla.

Capcom did do Dead Rising on Wii in response to RE4's huge success on Wii, it even used the same engine. And in my opinion, I think it was well done for what it was.

My wish list is :

Vanquish 2
Resident evil remake 2
MGS Ghost babel .

I would be crushed to a point beyond hope if Vanquish 2 became a Wii U exclusive.

Not because I dislike the Wii U or anything, it's just that doing my multiplat gaming on PC, then having all three consoles for exclusives is simply not a tenable strategy for me any more.

is this rumor still a thing?

they need a racing game that is not Mario Kart or F-Zero more like a Need For Speed

Project Cars just kicked them in the nuts so WiiU needs Racers

casiopao

is this rumor still a thing?

they need a racing game that is not Mario Kart or F-Zero more like a Need For Speed

Project Cars just kicked them in the nuts so WiiU needs Racers

I am not really knowledgeable on racing game section but what other famous racing title which is good but dead now?

I guess Daytona for example?

Gonna guess these things didn't actually exist.

Don't know if that guy actually knew anything, but I'm willing to bet Nintendo is looking to do more partnerships. I think he may have just been guessing as well though. It all seemed really vague and he won't give more details (as far as I know).

Even devil's third seems dubious, he didn't say that was the game he was talking about until after the announcement(iirc). Then was like "yep, that was it."

Sheroking

Don't know if that guy actually knew anything, but I'm willing to bet Nintendo is looking to do more partnerships. I think he may have just been guessing as well though. It all seemed really vague and he won't give more details (as far as I know).

Even devil's third seems dubious, he didn't say that was the game he was talking about until after the announcement(iirc). Then was like "yep, that was it."

Well, they recently outright identified this method of second party funding as a way to address lack of third party support.

Would not surprise me in the least if more of these come.

ASIS

Opportunity cost.

RE4 Wii was a port of a port (and a very cheap port at that). RE5 was a full fledged title, This is not a fair comparison at all. But nevertheless I agree with the premise.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Sonic Adventure 3, finally.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I believe it was heavily hinted to be devils third iirc, which is why everyone started presuming it was devils third

L Thammy

Loving this strategy, even though it doesn't probably doesn't pay off.

Are people serious suggesting Resident Evil? Why would Capcom intentionally gimp one of their biggest games? Let's just make Monster Hunter 5 into a Vita exclusive while we're at it.

Shiggy

Add new Crash Bandicoot by Big Red button. Exclusive on Wii U there. We finally had the ultimate mascot gaming console.

With the way Sonic Boom is turning out, I hope BRB stays as far away as possible from other franchises - no matter what they are.

Some Nobody

As someone else said--Devil's Third was heavily, HEAVILY hinted. It was like, "It's something that will blow people's minds. Action-oriented like Bayonetta. VERY mature, very bloody game." And after we saw all that, everyone went Devil's Third. So much so, that when it was revealed I wasn't shocked at all.

We can all play the GAF "fake and that other thing" game if that's just the common opinion, but I'm gonna say that you shouldn't be surprised if we hear about three more games out of nowhere like these.

Mostly I'm just hoping one of them is a Mistwalker game. I'd be okay with Wii U becoming the place for current-gen RPGs for a while.

I am super worried about Iwata, if he were healthy I would expect a WiiU Direct by now

we could have put this rumor to rest by now

....A Direct right after E3? Uhhhh. Maybe around Gamescom.

Resident Evil 2 Remake in RE4 style or: Resident Evil Massacre (takes place between RE5/RE6)

Star Wars The Old Republic Expanded Edition

Guild Wars 2

The Wii U Gamepad is perfect for those type of MMO games with expanded selection menus and maps, I'm sure they could do it but it's just a dream at this point.

Some Nobody

Why was this topic bumped over a month later with nothing at all to add????
D:
MY HEART!

Realistically, if any of this were true you'd hear about it in this thread last.

we had a 3DS 3rd Party Direct just a week ago what is the fuss about E3?

when has Nintendo Direct cared about E3?

They literally just had a Direct at E3. They don't really do these every month. The 3DS thing was, just that, a 3DS thing. Wii U received SO MUCH ATTENTION at E3.

Top Bottom