• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Battlefield Bad Company 3 = Battlefield 2018

Battlefield Battlegrounds... lol nah, EA is so slow on trends, EA's BG is probably going to be in 5 years.
Which would be more than normal. I dont know how people expect something like that with like a 6 month turnaround...Unless the game is already in development and can easily add on that type of mode like Fortnite (and hopefully Crackdown 3) there is no reason to believe a game would even be ready in the next 2 years.

BigBooper

I would love if the next BF I play is a bad company game, but only if they go back to the sandbox gameplay of older games. The arcadey spawning with vehicles and almost always being in combat makes these games a lot less interesting.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/05/battlefield-v-details-campaign-co-op-and-more/

The leak also mentioned “cooperative” play, and that is something that DICE is working on for Battlefield V. The leak suggests that this is a special mode that runs squads of players through “randomly generated Conquest missions,” but the studio could expand the scope beyond that. I also don’t know if this will support splitscreen, but DICE knows this is a question that gets asked alongside any promises of co-op.

The leak alleges that players can also now go prone on their backs, which is similar to how going prone works in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege from publisher Ubisoft. This is accurate, and it should give players more movement options during competitive multiplayer in DICE’s shooter.

Klik

I really hoped for bad company 3(post vietnam war era) with 32 players map,no prone with destruction that would put bf1 to shame. 32 players would also be easier for ps4/x1 CPU and they could elocate resources for other things.And then BF5 for ps5.

Melon Husk

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/05/battlefield-v-details-campaign-co-op-and-more/

The leak also mentioned “cooperative” play, and that is something that DICE is working on for Battlefield V. The leak suggests that this is a special mode that runs squads of players through “randomly generated Conquest missions,” but the studio could expand the scope beyond that. I also don’t know if this will support splitscreen, but DICE knows this is a question that gets asked alongside any promises of co-op.

The leak alleges that players can also now go prone on their backs, which is similar to how going prone works in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege from publisher Ubisoft. This is accurate, and it should give players more movement options during competitive multiplayer in DICE’s shooter.
Can NOW go prone? All I can do is shake my head. Good to hear that DICE is bringing it back. Dolphin divers unite!

I really hoped for bad company 3(post vietnam war era) with 32 players map,no prone with destruction that would put bf1 to shame. 32 players would also be easier for ps4/x1 CPU and they could elocate resources for other things.And then BF5 for ps5.
There's no reason why BF V can't have BC2-like gamemodes. DICE has had enough development time to create plenty of content for launch. Some assets could be recycled from BF1. If BF V's a skeleton at launch I ain't buying into their shenanigans again.

Last edited:

Artistic

Bad Company 3 would have been the smart decision to me, if there was any opening for a 3rd entry in the storyline.

Barakov

Really bummed that they didn't do Bad Company 3. And by the sounds of it, the campaign will be pretty similar to BF1. I found BF1's pretty disappointing. Good thing the MP in BF games usually is top notch.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
http://www.newsweek.com/battlefield-5-map-factions-classes-release-leak-839644

• Factions: There are seven factions including Great Britain, the United States, Free French, Third Reich, Kingdom Of Italy, USSR and Imperial Japan.
  • Maps: The retail game will launch with 10 maps with one free map arriving shortly thereafter.
  • DLC: Will work through a Premium Pass like always. Subject of DLC has not been decided.
  • Combat: Skill plays a bigger role with the removal of random bullet deviation found in Battlefield 1.
  • Attachments: They return for Battlefield V. Options include suppressors, sights, scopes and more.
  • Four Classes: Assault (a medic with AR weapons), Support (LMGs, ammo access), Recon (Bolt actions for long range) and Engineer (SMGs, anti-tank weapons).
  • All-Kit Weapons: Some weapons will work for all classes like the M1 Garand.
  • Elite Classes & Behemoths Return
  • Customization: Cosmetic skins make their debut. They offer different combinations of headwear, footwear and camo. Skins will be sold as a cosmetic microtransaction.
  • Vehicles: Vehicles will function similar to Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. They require skillful operation and include tanks, Jeeps, planes and more. Like soldiers, vehicles can also be customized with cosmetics.
  • Modes: Operations return and Incursions will be available at launch
  • Release Details: The game will be revealed in May with a beta in August and release in October
More information in the link.

Droxcy

• Factions: There are seven factions including Great Britain, the United States, Free French, Third Reich, Kingdom Of Italy, USSR and Imperial Japan.
  • Maps: The retail game will launch with 10 maps with one free map arriving shortly thereafter.
  • DLC: Will work through a Premium Pass like always. Subject of DLC has not been decided.
  • Combat: Skill plays a bigger role with the removal of random bullet deviation found in Battlefield 1.
  • Attachments: They return for Battlefield V. Options include suppressors, sights, scopes and more.
  • Four Classes: Assault (a medic with AR weapons), Support (LMGs, ammo access), Recon (Bolt actions for long range) and Engineer (SMGs, anti-tank weapons).
  • Customization: Cosmetic skins make their debut. They offer different combinations of headwear, footwear and camo. Skins will be sold as a cosmetic microtransaction.
  • Vehicles: Vehicles will function similar to Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. They require skillful operation and include tanks, Jeeps, planes and more. Like soldiers, vehicles can also be customized with cosmetics.
  • Release Details: The game will be revealed in May with a beta in August and release in October

Goddddddd October is going to be stacked. This is bringing me back to 2011. MW3, BF3, Far Cry 3. I wound up focusing time on MW3 since most of us got the game 2 weeks early.

Goddddddd October is going to be stacked. This is bringing me back to 2011. MW3, BF3, Far Cry 3. I wound up focusing time on MW3 since most of us got the game 2 weeks early.
Rockstar: Read Dead Redemption 2 is coming this october

Every other publisher: ah fuck...

Players: oh god yes.

Players wallets: *gulp*

INC

Highly doubt theyll do the same DLC model......
And elites and behemoths returning is just plain stupid, worst editions to the bf franchise

RaptorGTA

It would be awesome if BFBC3 would be this year. Then a few years later we get BF2 WWII. However I'm of the opinion that this year we will see WWII.

Klik

How much of a difference in graphics and destruction can there really be in 2 years(since BF1)? I feel like we're just going to get BF1 copy-pasta set in ww2😯.

Dacon

Banned
Elite classes again? Ugh I can tolerate Behemoths but elites are terrible additions to the series.

INC

Elite classes again? Ugh I can tolerate Behemoths but elites are terrible additions to the series.

Both are awful and add nothing, but look good in trailers

Behemoths are the reason conquest sucks now, they want one ream to get an advantage so you can call in the behemoths. Return conquest scoring back to classic scoring (flag majority) IF they have to add these crap game mechanics then keep it all in operations only please

Klik

Bad Company 2,BF4,BF1 had some sort of teaser trailer in late march/beginning of April so i think soon enough we'll get one for new Battlefield.It's only a bit more than 2 months till E3

Masatshi

I am looking forward to the next BF but I wish they would slow the gameplay a little bit down, I dunno.. something feels very "arcadey" in BF1 which I do not like... its too frantic and fast for a BF game. Needs to be more tactical again. Plus: I need more incentive aka unlockables. The progression system from BF1 is just plain boring...

If true, I hope it's not just Battlefield 6 mascarading as Bad Company 3. To me, BC is a slower game focused around urban combat.

manfestival

mainstay battlefield games are different from bad company games though... gonna sit and wait for this one. I do love me BFBC2 and BF1

LordPezix

i was just playing Ghost Recon and was saying how sweet it would be if it also had bad company destructible environments.

I really hope the destruction is over the top on this title.

cryptoadam

Banned
Even if it does come back, you can't turn back time guys. BC2 was special, but because of when it came out. Things have changed, games have advanced, tech has advanced.

BC2 hooked me on the BF series. 1000's of hours later, DLC, expansions, BF3, BF4,BF1, and season passes I am ready to give Dice my money for the next game. But a BC3 will be a bad company game in name only. They captured lightning in a bottle with BC2. And it was really the map design and Rush gameplay that made the game, the people who did the work probably aren't even with DICE anymore.

I think if they release a BC3 it should be a spin off. Either make it the rumored Battle Royal mode, or a RUSH only game. Even make it cheaper or F2P (with microtrans).

BF2018 needs to continue what BF3/4/1 have been doing. Conquest, Operations, 64 players, vehicles, infantry all the good and crazy stuff that goes into a BF game. I don't want the game going backwards. BC2 was only created because PS3/XBOX at the time couldn't handle a full on BF game so they pared it down. Today's systems don't need to cut player counts or map sizes.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
No body knows where Battle Royal will be in 1-2 years so why would Dice devote so much time and resources to it when they already have blueprints (Conquest, Rush, Destruction etc.) to invest time into?

Barakov

No body knows where Battle Royal will be in 1-2 years so why would Dice devote so much time and resources to it when they already have blueprints (Conquest, Rush, Destruction etc.) to invest time into?
E3 will be telling.....but big publishers/developers don't always follow common sense.

The tease of the White Horse and all that fits 2 (great) ideas. One being WW2. The other being Vietnam and Korea.

Battlefield V (for Victory)

Battlefield Vietnam

May 23rd is gonna be exciting.

Top Bottom