• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] DriveClub Sold 1 Million Units In First Week, Outsold Forza Horizon 2 By 2:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

le.phat

A bunch of game-starved sony fans.

Too bad this one wasn't good either.

you-seem-upset-112802419217.jpeg

CozMick

Banned
All these attacks on DriveClub are making me actually want to buy it. The most level-headed opinions usually point to it being a fun arcade racer with exceedingly good visuals. Right up my alley then.

Its a traditional arcade racer with exceptional visuals, sound and sublime car handling, topped off with a very addictive "Fame" meta game taken from PGRs kudos system.

Cuyejo

Wow, going by the comments a bunch of people really want this game to fail. Ease up with the console allegiance guys.

strata8

We know it was the other way around in the UK. Forza Horizon 2 outsold Driveclub by as least 2:1 - 50,000-70,000 vs. 24,000-32,000 (or lower) in the first week.

i-Lo

Regardless of how much it outsold FH2 by, if the number of units sold for DC is anywhere close to a million then I can already imagine the shit storm that's going on in Evo's office atm.

Banned
If a name like insiderp doesn't tell you how shady this source is, I don't know what does.

I wonder if this number Includes PS+ editions of the game that were downloaded?

Steroyd

We know it was the other way around in the UK. Forza Horizon 2 outsold Driveclub by as least 2:1 - 50,000-70,000 vs. 24,000-32,000 (or lower) in the first week.

Retail, sure, but this is one of those weird situations where the digital version is cheap compared to retail, so digital sales might weigh into the overall sales compared to the usual loldigital prices of games.

kiguel182

Hopefully they made a bunch of money out of the digital version and realize that digital games need to be cheaper.

I wish...

Regardless of how much it outsold FH2 by, if the number of units sold for DC is anywhere close to a million then I can already imagine the shit storm that's going on in Evo's office atm.

The only thing that makes it believable is the struggle at Evo to keep it online.

But it's not true because there's no way 70% are buying a digital title, isn't it usually 10-15%?

Regardless of the accuracy of the numbers, it wouldn't surprised me if Driveclub has sold more than FH2.

Yeah not sure how this would be surprising. DriveClub is the first racing exclusive on the PS4 so it will appeal to many people. Plus you got the 2:1 install base WW and stuff of that nature. Outselling the competitions cross-gen game wouldn't be exactly a shock.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Okay seriously we are going to start junioring for this stuff you didn't even link an article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom