• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* Dying Light 2 Getting Revealed at E3 2018?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://gamerant.com/dying-light-2-e3-2018-reveal-rumor/

The Polish site known as “graczpospolita.pl” shared information potentially indicating that Techland will officially unveil Dying Light 2 with a brand new trailer at some point during E3 2018. According to a translation of the article, the author has “managed to determine by a few independent sources, as well as both current and ex-Techland employees, that the company is working on Dying Light 2” and is “focused on preparing a high quality trailer, which is going to be presented during [the] upcoming E3”.

In addition to the chance of Dying Light 2 seeing an E3 2018 reveal, it appears as if Techland could also be prepping the direct follow-up to have a battle royale mode as well, for the author of the aforementioned article “asked if due to the release of standalone DLC Dying Light: Bad Blood . . . there was a chance to expand on it in Dying Light 2, [and] the answer was ‘it’s highly probable’.” What’s more is that with the first game still getting post-launch support over three years later with such offerings as Bad Blood, the reveal of an actual sequel apparently “was constantly being put off” by Techland.

Yamorimlo

Neo Member
Dying Light was a game that always seemed to get better with age with the new DLCs. I'm excited to see what they have in store for the sequel, if there will be one. What confuses me is that I thought I remembered hearing that the whole reason why there was so many DLCs was because the devs just had nothing to do? Maybe that's why they extended into Dying Light 2, but maybe it's worth thinking about.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
2dAYzVn.gif

Dunki

Great another game that will most likely either will be censored in Germany or even land on the index like Dying Light 1 which menas you can not even buy it anymore on steam and co.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
OMG please be true. Dying light was probably one of the most immersive games I've ever played. No other game has captured those same levels of dread and they absolutely nailed the atmosphere.

Music.
Ambience.
Graphics.
Brutal.

I'm ready.

ultrazilla

Will take in a heartbeat! I really hope Techland keeps the creepy 80's electronic/synth music tracks as well. It fit the game perfectly!

Denton

Will take in a heartbeat! I really hope Techland keeps the creepy 80's electronic/synth music tracks as well. It fit the game perfectly!

Yeah that soundtrack was brilliant. Someone from Techland who worked on the game used to post here, saw my post praising it and sent me an actual original soundtrack CD :D

Last edited:

Alcaze

Neo Member
Loved the first one, so this'll make E3 that much better for me. Then again, whatever happened to that first person Souls-ish(?) game they were working on? Looked pretty interesting.

PsyEd

Loved the first one - great visuals, solid parkour mechanic and that 80's synth! For me the night missions were genuinely heart pounding experience and at one point I would just sleep off till the sun was up...I don't want no extra exp. Every now and then will fire it up on PC. I'm surprised that it never got a Pro or X patch on consoles. Anyway bring on DL2!

Top Bottom