• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Fallout 3: Anniversary on Switch. PS4/X1X unknown

Calibos

I'm so sick of Fallout.
We need new Fallout every year ! We can't live without Fallout !

Next year Fallout 5, year after new Shelter version, and a year after a year after new spin off game by another studio. Then rinse repeat. Please ?

Fallout 4 came out in 2015, nearly 3 years ago.

That said, I am not exactly dying for a sequel, especially with a new Metro, Rage 2 and Atomic Heart on the way. Maybe the franchise could chill for another year while releasing special editions of 3 and New Vegas?

Fallout 4 came out in 2015, nearly 3 years ago.

That said, I am not exactly dying for a sequel, especially with a new Metro, Rage 2 and Atomic Heart on the way. Maybe the franchise could chill for another year while releasing special editions of 3 and New Vegas?
Rage 2 looks like it will be maaad fun, but I don't like remakes at all. For me Fallout especialy [elder scrolls as wel] is all about unknown, all about that exploration. I play on hardest difficulty from the get go. Couldn't care less if its on same engine. As skyrim remaster showed it's incredibly multithreaded now and with added physics based shading, it looks just fine.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm surprised Twitch lets them get away with a bullshit stream like this. No regular streamer could have an empty stream going for countless hours with a vague promise that they'll be around sometime soon.

I'm surprised Twitch lets them get away with a bullshit stream like this. No regular streamer could have an empty stream going for countless hours with a vague promise that they'll be around sometime soon.
On stand by for 2 hours now... patience running out. If it's just a remaster I WILL riot!

Grinchy

Banned
On stand by for 2 hours now... patience running out. If it's just a remaster I WILL riot!

And they started this stream 6 hours ago! I waited an hour earlier and couldn't believe they hadn't done the thing yet. I saw someone on reddit say that they've done this in the past and left it up for 24 hours.

I just want to know if they're doing Fallout 3 VR.

Boss Mog

If it does come to PS4/XB1 it needs to be 60fps to have any kind of worth. I'm so sick of studios releasing lazy remasters that are often only 1080p and can't even maintain a stable 30fps; the latest being Far Cry 3 Classic Edition. There's zero excuse for it other than wanting a quick buck by releasing a garbage "remastered" port.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If it does come to PS4/XB1 it needs to be 60fps to have any kind of worth. I'm so sick of studios releasing lazy remasters that are often only 1080p and can't even maintain a stable 30fps; the latest being Far Cry 3 Classic Edition. There's zero excuse for it other than wanting a quick buck by releasing a garbage "remastered" port.
What was lazy about the Skyrim port?

A weak CPU makes it very hard to get a stable 60 fps on an open world without making major graphical compromises.

Paasei

This has been going on for a while now, I wonder when and what the announce is going to be. I'll wait till tomorrow. Good night folks and hopefully you'll know more than I do with all this effort of keeping the stream up.

Last edited:

Codes 208

What was lazy about the Skyrim port?

A weak CPU makes it very hard to get a stable 60 fps on an open world without making major graphical compromises.
They didnt fix the bugs for one. It may look nicer than the vanilla but the pc version with the unofficial patch still runs 100x better than SE on, say, xbox one or ps4.

it's obvious what's happens. Bethesda is teaming up with the TPC to make the Fallout X Pokemon crossover we all been dying for. Their announcements are happening very close to one another.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Instead of posting about it in a thread how about you dont fucking buy it.
OK tough guy. How about it being a valid opinion that Bethesda Fallout games aren't very interesting and that the IP needs a nice long rest. I just want to see them explore a new IP.

bitbydeath

They didnt fix the bugs for one. It may look nicer than the vanilla but the pc version with the unofficial patch still runs 100x better than SE on, say, xbox one or ps4.

I think that's large in part to the awful old engine they continue to use.
Here's hoping the next Elder Scrolls is being built from scratch.

MayauMiao

They really need to set a timer. I need to go out and this teaser is making it difficult for me to leave home. Really hope its Fallout 5.

Codes 208

I think that's large in part to the awful old engine they continue to use.
Here's hoping the next Elder Scrolls is being built from scratch.
Modders unpaid by bethesda has the game running better than their own dev team.

They couldve easily had hired these guys or use that coding to improve the game for the remaster but instead we got a reskinned skyrim for a full $60 at launch. And then the switch versio. Which stands somewhere between the vanilla and SE for another $60 for an inferior port.

Oh and lets not forget that skyrim vr is just the vanilla game with vr support which was sold separately from the special edition for, you guessed it, another $60

Bethesda are known penny pinchers. Skyrim SE shouldve been $40 from the get go like Halo CE Anniversary or Gears UE

They really need to set a timer. I need to go out and this teaser is making it difficult for me to leave home. Really hope its Fallout 5.

It can be anything, but I don't think it's going to be fallout 5. If it's a new game, there is more chance of a non numbered game. Something like New Vegas. Fallout 4 is just 3 years old, too soon for a 5.

I really think that 3 remastered is a thing that's going to happen. But that announce don't look like that, the colours just don't match with anything related to 3. Maybe it has blue and red because of joycons, but don't make much sense for me.

MayauMiao

It can be anything, but I don't think it's going to be fallout 5. If it's a new game, there is more chance of a non numbered game. Something like New Vegas. Fallout 4 is just 3 years old, too soon for a 5.

I really think that 3 remastered is a thing that's going to happen. But that announce don't look like that, the colours just don't match with anything related to 3. Maybe it has blue and red because of joycons, but don't make much sense for me.

Stream says "NEW FALLOUT GAME ANNOUNCEMENT" so I gravitate to a sequel than a remaster. If it was written as "A FALLOUT GAME ANNOUNCEMENT" then maybe I'll believe it to be a remaster.

But we'll see.

Lilseb93

I'll be honest. If a Fallout 3 remaster comes out, they got a purchase out of me. I want to play it again. So I'm cool with anything except for just a Switch port of Fallout 3 or 4. I have a feeling it's a new game though. If it is a new game, I think FO3 is getting a remaster anyways.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Going to be one of those gaming honesties right now and say I never played 3 or 4. Always had to many games on the burner to ever to start and invest in them. 4K patch or remaster taking advantage of the X and I'm in.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Going to be one of those gaming honesties right now and say I never played 3 or 4. Always had to many games on the burner to ever to start and invest in them. 4K patch or remaster taking advantage of the X and I'm in.
3 was enhanced on X1X. At this moment that is the best console experience.

GenericUser

I was in worry that they would release a new Fallout for the "big" consoles. I think it's way to early for that. Fallout needs to rest at least another 5 years. I want starfield or TES or another new big open world RPG from bethesda.

Klart

It's most probably just FO3 Anniversary; a FO3 port for Switch/PS4/Xbox One that's slightly better graphically than the original.

I wish they'd make it look like FO4 and add FONV, but that's probably too much to ask these days.

A very slight chance of a FO4 New Someplace, that would be very welcome indeed.

FO5 is very unlikely.

Last edited:

Ragnaroz

You don't do a 24 hour stream announcement of a remaster. You just don't, unless you want to piss off 150k+ people. This has to be a new game. Now whether it's Fallout 5 or a spin-off and whether it's on a new engine or on Gamebryo, it remains to be seen.

Last edited:
My guess is it's an Obsidian developed follow up to New Vegas.

NV came out a scant two years after 3, well it's been almost three years since 4, so it very well could be releasing later this year, much like the way 4 was announced and released within 2015.

I sure hope so anyway, I like the gameplay of Bethesda's Fallouts but the story and writing is always just... so.... bland, New Vegas was the best of both worlds because it had the gameplay but with writing akin to the original two games.

Something like that but with 4's engine? Gimme, gimme, gimme!
latest

Last edited:
My guess is it's an Obsidian developed follow up to New Vegas.

NV came out a scant two after 3, well it's been almost 3 years since 4, so it very well could be releasing later this year, much like the way 4 was announced and released within 2015.

I sure hope so anyway, I like the gameplay of Bethesda's Fallouts but the story and writing is always just... so.... bland, New Vegas was the best of both worlds because it had the gameplay but with writing akin to the original two games.

Something like that but with 4's engine? Gimme, gimme, gimme!
latest

Obsidian posted on twitter that this project or whatever isnt them.

According to Jason Schreier he claims its a new game not a remake or remaster. Fallout V is possable.

It is noted one of the OGs behind Fallout Chris Avellone is rumored to have involvement in whatever this could be. He was one of the lead people that worked on NV.

If we wanna dig deeper the original tweet was made by Bethesda Game Studios not Publisher Bethesda twitter account. So whatever this is the main Bethesda people not some 3rd party that was just published by them.

Last edited:
Obsidian posted on twitter that this project or whatever isnt them. This is main Bethesda people supposedly.

According to Jason Schreier he claims its a new game not a remake or remaster. Fallout V is possable.

It is noted one of the OGs behind Fallout Chris Avellone is rumored to have involvement in whatever this could be. He was one of the lead people that worked on NV.

The lack of Obsidian is disappointing, but the involvement of Chris Avellone is intriguing.

But certainly it couldn't be a full on Fallout 5 this soon, could it? There was a seven year gap between 3 and 4, it's only been 3 years since 4.

The lack of Obsidian is disappointing, but the involvement of Chris Avellone is intriguing.

But certainly it couldn't be a full on Fallout 5 this soon, could it? There was a seven year gap between 3 and 4, it's only been 3 years since 4.

Just because Obsidian isnt involved doesnt mean the main people of NV isnt. If Chris Avellone is indeed involved that would be a good thing.

MayauMiao

You don't do a 24 hour stream announcement of a remaster. You just don't, unless you want to piss off 150k+ people. This has to be a new game. Now whether it's Fallout 5 or a spin-off and whether it's on a new engine or on Gamebryo, it remains to be seen.

That's what I'm thinking too. If its not Fallout 5 then it has to be something like New Vegas.

Klart

According to Jason Schreier it's also something different.

"from what we’ve heard, this is a new game, one that takes the series in a brand new direction"

"I’ve heard from a few people familiar with this project what it is, and I’ll say that it’s something new and something different."

Droxcy

says who?
I loved fallout 3 like 10 years ago and would play again. It's better than 4 in many areas. Skyrim seemed to do well rereleased everywhere.

Come on if you didn't love Fallout 3 as a game you're insane. But 10 years later and a 24 hour stream just to announce a remastered version of it? IMO I'd love a new Fallout that redeems itself from Fallout 4, I somewhat liked the story of Fallout 4 but overall game just didn't do it for me like Fallout 3 or New Vegas did.

Top Bottom