• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] GTA 6 Set to Feature Joe Rogan Podcasts on In-Game Radio Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
image-4-1024x574.png.webp

The Grand Theft Auto series, renowned for blending intense action sequences with often biting social commentary, is about to get a significant dose of reality. A trusted source close to Rockstar Games has revealed that the much-anticipated GTA 6 will feature episodes of “The Joe Rogan Experience” (JRE) as part of the in-game radio lineup.

A Groundbreaking Move​

Integrating real-life podcast episodes into a fictional world like GTA is a move not many saw coming. However, considering the realism and depth Rockstar Games is known for in the GTA universe, it shouldn’t come as a complete surprise. The inclusion of Joe Rogan’s iconic podcast adds a unique layer to the immersive experience that the game promises.

Why Joe Rogan?​

For those unfamiliar, Joe Rogan, a former UFC commentator and stand-up comedian, is the host of “The Joe Rogan Experience,” one of the most listened-to podcasts worldwide. Rogan’s expansive guest list ranges from scientists and philosophers to celebrities and politicians, discussing an eclectic mix of topics. This wide variety makes the show a fitting choice for GTA’s equally diverse world, providing players with the option to listen to deep philosophical conversations during a calm drive through the city, or perhaps something more light-hearted during a high-speed chase.

How Will It Work?​

gta-6-leaked-picture-1024x576.jpg.webp

Details on the integration are still a bit murky, but it’s rumored that players will be able to tune into a JRE radio station while driving in-game vehicles. Given the length of some JRE episodes, it’s likely that Rockstar might choose to include select highlights or perhaps specific episodes that align with the game’s narrative or themes.

Player Reactions​

The gaming community has had mixed reactions to this revelation. While some laud the inclusion as a revolutionary step in bridging real-world media with virtual gaming experiences, others question the relevance of a real-life podcast in the game’s fictional setting. One player commented, “I play GTA to escape reality, not to be reminded of it.”

What This Means for Future Games​

The inclusion of real-world content, like JRE, suggests that game developers are actively looking for innovative ways to bring even more realism to the gaming universe. If successful, GTA 6 could set a new trend, paving the way for more such collaborations between popular media figures and game franchises.

Beyond Rogan: A New Listening World​

Business_Joe-Rogan-648064372-1024x768.jpg.webp

While the inclusion of “The Joe Rogan Experience” has raised eyebrows, we’re hearing that other big names from the podcasting world could be on the roster. This move potentially introduces a diverse range of content — from true crime stories to technology discussions, and everything in-between.

Real-Time: A Bold Decision​

The idea of real-time podcast streaming is ambitious. Imagine driving around Los Santos and catching a live broadcast of today’s trending podcast. It’s a big leap from the pre-recorded and curated content we’re used to, and it could mean every gameplay session offers something fresh on the airwaves.

Conclusion​

Whether you’re a die-hard JRE fan eager to cruise through the streets of the latest fictional city while listening to Rogan’s interviews, or a skeptic unsure about the blending of realities, one thing is for sure: GTA 6 promises to be a game-changer in more ways than one.

Source: https://audioviser.com/gta-6-set-to-feature-joe-rogan-podcasts-on-in-game-radio-stations/

Tieno

I don't care much for Rogan either way anymore, I'm kinda tired of the "comedy" and "woke" subjects.
It'd be cool if they're specifically made for the game.
I'm hoping for Lex Friedman podcasts then.

Last edited:

nikos

I've never listened to him but the talk show stations in GTA have always been one of my favorite parts of the game. Hopefully this has its own station and isn't replacing that.

VN1X

Banned
It's not as if these two brands (for lack of a better term) need each other as they're already huge in their own right.

Would be funny as hell to have his more 'controversial' episodes in the game though.

Either that or have this be the perfect time to reenact this gem:

w1RkQnt.png

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think it would be a better idea to have him create content specifically for the game, so his podcast style maybe interviewing characters within the universe of the game (politicians, actors, comedians) hearing real-life things in the game would be atmosphere breaking and I can do this already when I choose by just listening to Spotify whilst playing. A modern-day replacement for Lazlow?

Last edited:
I think it would be a better idea to have him create content specifically for the game, so his podcast style maybe interviewing characters within the universe of the game (politicians, actors, comedians) hearing real-life things in the game would be atmosphere breaking and I can do this already when I choose by just listening to Spotify whilst playing. A modern-day replacement for Lazlow.
That would be really cool.

Sybrix

I mean, i guess this is good news given that the concern was a GTA game being released in 2024 is coming into a complete different world compared to 2013.

Let's hope Rockstar still have the balls to lampoon society as it is today without fear of the work mob going mental.

edbrat

Lazlow was so good. GTA radio was so good, "The fucking dragons are coming", Soulwax, will they be able to hit those heights again.

zombrex

Would be pretty cool to kill a few hours in the online mode whille listening to podcasts.
It really makes sense when you think about the huge number of hours players are putting into online and thus how repetitive the radio gets.
It is also a way for them to get real advertisements into the radio...

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Sure, why not? Actually seems a great fit.

A lot of GTA games have parody talk shows in various degrees of ridiculousness. No reason Rogan can't do one, he'd be excellent as a meme'd version of himself.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Wow. Nice!

This is good news. Surely they looked at how Saints Row turned out and want none of that. Stick to the OG GTA formula.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
So fucking lame. Rather than give a shit ton of great tunes and catered original humor, lets fill the gap with a moron.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Holy fuck the "anti-woke" have become more bitchy and moany than than the woke crowd themselves.

We've come full circle.
No it is an outward spiral. Now is the age of the anti-anti woke which is a larger group than the woke, because anti-woke whining is so lame.

GTA is better with amazing music and original DJ commentary not fucking podcasts that apparently are only liked by people because they imagine that the people they hate will be upset by it.

Mephisto40

It would be great if it had some sort of spotify integration in the game so you could basically just listen to anything you liked

Myths

Doubt it. People always come with these ass pull “rumors” which are really just their personal wants in a GTA entry.

It would be great if it had some sort of spotify integration in the game so you could basically just listen to anything you liked
The beauty of the GTA soundtracks is how the ads are for in-game items and syncs with billboards, how the news references the game action and how the bands and singers often end up being characters you interact with. It’s a fully integrated world that fuels the immersion.

The original Xbox versions let you play a burned CD or something while you played. It was lame.

Mephisto40

The beauty of the GTA soundtracks is how the ads are for in-game items and syncs with billboards, how the news references the game action and how the bands and singers often end up being characters you interact with. It’s a fully integrated world that fuels the immersion.

The original Xbox versions let you play a burned CD or something while you played. It was lame.
I can't think of any reason why in this day in age they couldn't have the adverts play between songs dragged directly from spotify

I can't think of the last time a band or singer was a direct character in a GTA game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom