• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GTA V vehicle list leaked

zinder

Wow sweet! The file format is identical to San Andreas. Massive modding confirmed!

But if there is not Hydra... damn.

Most of these vehicles names are the same since GTA3 (at least). I doubt no one had guessed a sport car named Infernus wouldn't be in the game (unless of course Rockstar had licensed the Ferrari name that is).

Sethos

Banned
It even has Harrier and Lear listed, plus the Cuban and the Dodo - At least 4 planes if I'm reading that list correctly. If the "Fighter" isn't the Harrier, then 5.

Wow, interested at chairlift and snowplough..... :D

Any particular reason why R* do this, as the article states its been done before?

Edit: Publicity?

Sethos

Banned
And it also has "Androm" listed

andromada1.jpg

That's 5

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Oh yes, Plane, Trains and Automobiles!

It's odd to look forward to driving a train, but I do, and I don't know why.
Hopefully they have learnt from BoGT that they need to keep the fun aspects of the game, with planes in I hope we get parachutes, love me some high flying and a nice fall back to earth, something Just Cause 2 did wonderfully.

Game-Biz

Games such as Bully and Red Dead have all been cracked and inside them they to have shown to hold vehicle and other information relating to a GTA game.
Can someone tell why this is or how this happens?

I hated GTA IV's driving mechanics and I want GTA V's to be good, but Saints Row TT gives me what I want out of this style of game now.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I hated GTA IV's driving mechanics and I want GTA V's to be good, but Saints Row TT gives me what I want out of this style of game now.

That's fine, I have a feeling they are catering to somewhat different audiences.
I find Saint's Row to be completely obnoxious. I can't fucking stand those games.

Raptomex

I love GTA IV but many times when I drive in that game it feels like I'm just driving on ice. I think San Andreas had the best driving mechanics. SA is still my favorite GTA.

Does anyone know how this stuff even ends up on the disc for Max Payne 3? Do they just leave spare files on there or something?

Jibbed

A lot of people are forgetting that TWO planes were shown in the trailer; the biplane-type thing, and a jet.

Expect more vehicles of every type.

Can someone tell why this is or how this happens?

Does anyone know how this stuff even ends up on the disc for Max Payne 3? Do they just leave spare files on there or something?

Could be many reasons, could be test code they used and didn't erase, probably was done bringing over functional code to the other games. In programming it is taught to create code that can function by itself to be used in multiple applications instead of rewriting the code from scratch for each application. And there is always the thought that if you delete a small portion of code or file that the code uses it that can break another portion of the code so it's left just in case.

Muffdraul

I love GTA IV but many times when I drive in that game it feels like I'm just driving on ice.

You guys are describing exactly how I felt about GTA IV's driving... for like the first few hours I played of it. After getting used to them and learning to use them properly, I thought they were some of the best, most empowering driving controls/mechanics/physics ever, better than some dedicated racing games. I'm able to pull way nuttier drift turns and shit in IV compared to anything in SA or any previous GTA.

Fjordson

Ew. GTA IV's driving is so much better...

That's just me, though. Anyways, my only issue here is that I don't see my favourite car in the list. Unless I'm missing it, I need my Banshee.

Marleyman

Banned
You guys are describing exactly how I felt about GTA IV's driving... for like the first few hours I played of it. After getting used to them and learning to use them properly, I thought they were some of the best, most empowering driving controls/mechanics/physics ever, better than some dedicated racing games. I'm able to pull way nuttier drift turns and shit in IV compared to anything in SA or any previous GTA.

GTA IV's driving is top notch. I still play GTA races because of the driving physics; after playing and enjoying SR3 I have to say that GTA IV has the better open world driving.

Robot Pants

Even says in the OP, probably not the final list. So for those of you hoping for more planes, you'll probably get them. Car list seems to be final though, there sure are a lot of them.

Top Bottom