• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Jools Watsham on Vinesauce stream confirms Dementium 1 is being remade for 3DS

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143215084&postcount=661

No link but Jools Watsham (Renegade Kid) is being interviewed on Vinesauce and he revealed that the first Dementium game is being remade on the 3DS, and that they're trying to get it released next Q2 (so realistically don't expect it til Q4 at the earliest)..

Jools confirms he was on Vinesauce's Xeodrifter stream:

https://twitter.com/JoolsWatsham/status/543983367847284736

Was just on @Vinesauce with @VinnyVinesauce. Impromptu skype chat on his Xeodrifter stream. Was awesome! Thanks Vinny. :)

Labeled as rumor JUST in case only because we don't have an official online confirmation yet. :p

I think I speak for a lot when I say I hope he doesn't do a Moon Chronicles type deal again...

Camjo-Z

Speaking of Moon Chronicles, where is the rest of it? I played that bite-sized morsel they were selling for $8 back in May expecting that they'd quickly follow up with the rest of the game, and yet it's now December and still nothing.

Speaking of Moon Chronicles, where is the rest of it? I played that bite-sized morsel they were selling for $8 back in May expecting that they'd quickly follow up with the rest of the game, and yet it's now December and still nothing.

Still in lotcheck IIRC, Jools said they had to fix a bug so they had to resubmit it. I guess it's all coming at once?

Edit: Here:

https://twitter.com/JoolsWatsham/status/542095273841811456

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I have mixed feeling about this.

I am happy that there is more games for the 3DS, and that we can see how well the game is if they fix the save system and the respawn system

On the other hand, I will rather have a new Dementium 3DS, especially when he has already made a Dementium HD for the PC.

Will wait for more information regarding the additions and changes that he is going to add here

I have mixed feeling about this.

I am happy that there is more games for the 3DS, and that we can see how well the game is if they fix the save system and the respawn system

On the other hand, I will rather have a new Dementium 3DS, especially when he has already made a Dementium HD for the PC.

Will wait for more information regarding the additions and changes that he is going to add here

The HD version of Dementium 2 was actually outsourced and Jools and RK had zero involvement. I think Southpeak owned the IP until he got it back recently.

Hope it's sold as a complete product rather than with the moon chronicles model, unless they sort out whatever issues wrecked the release pacing of moon.

assuming it's real, of course.

rjc571

Banned
Here's a link to the stream. Jools should be on some time past the 2 hour mark. (EDIT: Interview ends at around 2:25:00. I'll try to find the starting point. EDIT: He starts talking about Dementium at around 2:13:00, and starts talking about remaking it on 3DS like a minute later. At 2:17:00 he says that they're trying to get it out by Q2 next year.)
http://www.twitch.tv/vinesauce/b/599012131

Remade or remastered like Moon?

He said they were going to fix some of the major issues with the game (namely respawning enemies and unfair save points) while rebalancing or redesigning things to keep the difficulty on the higher end of the scale, so I think it's fair to call it a remake.

sörine

Banned
Not a fan of Renegade Kid's 3D games but I've really liked their 2D games. Just finish Treasurenauts and Mutant Mudds 2 Jools! And maybe do Deluxe ports for them and Xeodrifter.

ReyVGM

Hopefully the remake adds more variery and interaction to the game. I liked Dementium, but after a few floors I felt like I was doing the same thing over and over again.
I finished it because I like to beat everything I play, but otherwise, I would have stopped playing it.

I'm down for Dementium on 3DS. I was curious when it was out on DS but I could never track down a copy when I was looking for it.

Also want to get Xenodrifter. I search to see if it has an impressions thread. Wanna see what GAF thinks of it.

Top Bottom