• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: King of Fighters XIV potential full roster leaked (48 characters + 2 bosses)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought in KoF canon Rock is still a child? Since Kim's boys are still children.

Also I bet that one guy from South Town is Mr. Big.

She's a student of Kim's at his dojo, and uses a mix of Taekwondo and Terry's own unique fighting style. Basically a more competent Shingo for Terry.

So essentially a love child of Kim and Terry much like how Rock is a love child of Geese and Terry?

Mephala

I'm assuming this is fake so I'm less likely to be disappointed when the game releases and has a roster of 15 characters.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Why SNK hates Yamazaki and Shingo so much? :(

I want Krizalid too but that's clearly impossible.

Loona

Doesn't matter who is or isn't in it. Visually the game looks like trash...I really hope they rethink how these visuals look

They've already made adjustments between trailers.

IMO, the models don't look that different style-wise from those in MvC3, which got away with its looks due to the cast and bringing back a type of gameplay enjoyed by many.

If the roster is true, I wouldn't be surprised if Tung's teammates turned out to be the new protagonists - K' and Maxima did debut in the same team as Benimaru and Shingo...

Loona

Why's Hattori Hanzo in the OP? He's not mentioned in the roster.

That Mai and Hanzo pic if from a game's crossover promo where for a while they had Mai and Hanzo skins for the game's ninja class - no idea what was going through the OP's head, even if Nakoruru is an unlikely presence in the series (ouside the Gameboy KoF95, the KoF2000 striker and the XIII stage cameo).

Marz

They've already made adjustments between trailers.

IMO, the models don't look that different style-wise from those in MvC3, which got away with its looks due to the cast and bringing back a type of gameplay enjoyed by many

Wtf are you blind? MvC3 was one of the best looking fighters on last gen if not the best. The artstyle was like a comic book in motion almost.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
恶魇青年 = young evil demon person
糖葫芦 = tanghulu (it is a name of a traditional chinese candy)
电属性少女歌手 =young female singer w/electric element
营家新人 = new comer/member from the ying family

Loona

Wtf are you blind? MvC3 was one of the best looking fighters on last gen if not the best. The artstyle was like a comic book in motion almost.

To me everyone in MvC3 looked a plastic doll, and the game seemed all too willing to hide the models whenever possible behind hit sparks bigger than the characters themselves and all sorts of other effects.

It had some comic-bookish flairs in places, but it didn't equate with making the game look good to me.

Yaqoub

Would be super happy to see Oswald again but it doesn't look like it'll happen. :/

What a waste of a great character.

Rumors are rumors so I'll keep a candle lit.

roknin

Man it's so hard nailing down FG rosters. Their histories usually mean favs are forgotten.

In this case, I'm realizing that while I may get Angel back (fuck yeaaaaaaaaah).... I see no Vanessa, no Blue Mary, no Rock Howard, no B. Jenet, no Gato, no Liz, no Shen, no Yamazaki (wtf how)...

...basically what I'm saying is can I also get KOF XI re-release please

Would be super happy to see Oswald again but it doesn't look like it'll happen. :/

What a waste of a great character.

Rumors are rumors so I'll keep a candle lit.

Yo, that dude was dope as fuck. Would love to see him back!

Edit: damn, realizing I can't really complain if I don't get some of them back sincE, IF THE RUMORS ARE TRUE, I get to play Tizoc and Ramon again!

TIGAAAHH ROOOOAAAAD

roknin

Oswald is dead right? The only way he'll return is through dream matches.

Is he? I know he and Shen fought, but I was under the impression they both walked away alive.

That said, I wonder if this one is a dream match, since it would fit the usual pattern (dream match following a saga's end).

Loona

That said, I wonder if this one is a dream match, since it would fit the usual pattern (dream match following a saga's end).

If it's indeed getting that many characters, it has to be a story game (XII being the early dream match game).
They don't introduce actual new characters in dream matches - Kusanagi was a way to bring back Kyo's older gameplay and adapt his old sprite, and Nameless was a revised K9999, so they barely count.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is he? I know he and Shen fought, but I was under the impression they both walked away alive.

I thought he had a terminal disease?

If it's indeed getting that many characters, it has to be a story game (XII being the early dream match game).
They don't introduce actual new characters in dream matches - Kusanagi was a way to bring back Kyo's older gameplay and adapt his old sprite, and Nameless was a revised K9999, so they barely count.

I thought Kusanagi was that midboss in 2003

I don't know how I feel about this supposed roster. There's some interesting additions but a lot of the mainstay teams are pretty boring (in that they used the most traditional lineups) and there's a lot of my favourite characters missing.

Call me when Brian Battler + Shen Woo show up. And Smart Chang. I want Smart Chang!

Not a bad roster at all, nice mix of old and new.

Personally I'd like to see Mary, Yamazaki, B. Jenet, Oswald and Ash though.

Thinking about it, XI had one of my favourite rosters of the series.
Is there any way to play XI on PS3 or PS4? Or even on Mac?

Don't know why people are saying the roster sucks. Even with 50 characters, KOF has so many awesome characters that it'd be impossible to include everyone's favorites. Yeah you could cut some people, but looking at that roster I don't see anybody I would cut (aside from maybe Mature and Vice).

Zerojul

In my hurry to whine about the lack of Yamazaki in the rumored roster, I hadn't even noticed Tung Fu Rue was supposedly back, it's awesome.
Maybe one day they'll remember Yamada Jubei, too. I want to throw senbeis at my opponent goddamit.

delSai

Where the fuck is Vanessa and Rock Howard?

3/10 if true

Vanessa has no time to fight, has to take care of her child.
She's one of my favorite fighting game characters so i hope she still makes it ;_;

And Rock is a baby or something like that

Team 04 : Art of Fighting Team ( 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki) )

Main team right here, so that's nice.

Team 06 : Kim Team ( 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim's Master), 他师母 (Kim's Wife)

Kim's... Master AND wife? That could be interesting.

Mature and Vice still refusing to stay dead eh.

I have no direct dislike for Mature or Vice, but I would've liked to see Iori paired with some other people besides those two again. I just have no desire to play as either of them, even in XIII.

Where the fuck is Vanessa and Rock Howard?

Totally down for Rock Howard to return. Wish he was in XIII.

tzare

i wish Cheng from FF , Lee from AoF and Hon-Fu, Sokaku and Bob from RB series were included but still seems there's something for almost everyone so can't complain. Just hoping it looks better than reveal trailer and stages are not as generic as the one in the trailer too.

50, characters and somehow the majority of these 3 pages are complaints...damn fighting game devs have it rough. I thought the street fighter V thread was nuts and thats only 16 characters so i understand that one more than this. Does this series always launch with so many? May have to get into this

BadWolf

50, characters and somehow the majority of these 3 pages are complaints...damn fighting game devs have it rough. I thought the street fighter V thread was nuts and thats only 16 characters so i understand that one more than this. Does this series always launch with so many? May have to get into this

This is SNK, their problem is that they have too damn many great characters.

LordCiego

If the list is real...

Kim Team, waaaaat.
Mexican Team, nice.
Woman Team, Alice, you have to give back the invitation to Blue Mary.

Shingo, Vanessa, we will miss you again.
Vice, Mature, why cant you stay dead?

Top Bottom