• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Metro Redux (Metro 2033+Metro Last Light+DLC) Coming to PS4/XB1/PC

Darknight

Dont these games need some high end GPUs? I doubt these would play @1080P on PS4 without dropping frames ala THIEF. Hope im wrong if it ever comes out.

Dont these games need some high end GPUs? I doubt these would play @1080P on PS4 without dropping frames ala THIEF. Hope im wrong if it ever comes out.

They're actually more CPU intensive than any other game in this genre, I'd be more worried about the tablet CPUs in current-gen consoles tbh.

DieH@rd

Banned
Hopefully Metro 2033 assets will be inserted into much more optimized and advanced Last Light engine. Same way Crytek released Crysis 1 on oldgen consoles using CryEngine 3 [same needs to be done for nextgen].

Loxley

Awesome if it's true, I love it that publishers are releasing more of last gen's newer titles on the current consoles.

Now if we could just get Capcom to release Dragon's Dogma on PS4/X1...

TIGHT, TIGHT, TIGHT. Love these games and would certainly double-dip!

W1CKfRx.gif

Recall

I like this yet at the same time I'm worried by it.

Are we going to be seeing just as many definitive editions of games as new games? Basically offered the same gameplay experience but just a bit better looking? I suppose it is cheaper than doing sequels though I guess a new Metro sequel would either be a long way away or not even possible.

Will buy them if true.

I actually want S.T.A.L.K.E.R. instead.

I've played that game at 15–20fps for almost ten hours before I couldn't stand the low framerate anymore. Loved the game so much but my PC was struggling with it.

You should really find a way to play it. Incredible game and perhaps the last good PC exclusive game till this day.

I like this yet at the same time I'm worried by it.

Are we going to be seeing just as many definitive editions of games as new games? Basically offered the same gameplay experience but just a bit better looking? I suppose it is cheaper than doing sequels though I guess a new Metro sequel would either be a long way away or not even possible.
I doubt the entire team would need to work on something like this, most likely they'd have part of the team doing this port while everyone else works on a sequel or another game entirely. I wouldn't worry.

i-Lo

I just purchased Last Light on PS3 (PSN+). Now I wonder if I should hold off and play from the beginning of this saga on PS4.

They're actually more CPU intensive than any other game in this genre, I'd be more worried about the tablet CPUs in current-gen consoles tbh.

Can you provide a link where I could find a tablet with identical 8-core (6 cores for games) jaguar CPU as the ones in PS4/XB1 with the same clock rate?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
As someone who played all the Stalker games, saw the Tarkovsky film, and partially read the book, I would get this so hard. Please be true. Metro always looked amazing but my pc couldnt handle it and no way was I gonna play on ps3/360.

vladdamad

I will be buying this whenever I decide to make the leap to next gen. Metro 2033 has no chance of running on my puny laptop but I managed to play Last Light on console and it was an absolute joy. Having taken the Moscow Metro every day to school for several years, it was a great experience seeing all these familiar locations re-created with a post-apocalyptic twist. The Russian voice acting is also amazing, way better than the English dub. I'd love to play the original, looks like I'll finally get the opportunity to do this.

I just purchased Last Light on PS3 (PSN+). Now I wonder if I should hold off and play from the beginning of this saga on PS4.

Can you provide a link where I could find a tablet with identical 8-core (6 cores for games) jaguar CPU as the ones in PS4/XB1 with the same clock rate?

Just let it go dude, the driveby PC dick swinger comments always populate threads about the new consoles :/

i-Lo

As someone who played all the Stalker games, saw the Tarkovsky film, and partially read the book, I would get this so hard. Please be true. Metro always looked amazing but my pc couldnt handle it and no way was I gonna play on ps3/360.

Why is that? IIRC, it still looks better than vanilla STALKER.

Having played both 2033 and LL they are both great games and anyone who didn't play them on console or pc should definitely buy this

belmonkey

Were there more optimization problems in 2033 besides that thing about using full resolution effects (where other devs would use lower-res ones for the sake of performance)?

Caayn

Decarb used tablet CPU as a metaphor for saying that the CPUs in the current consoles are weak.

i-Lo

Well thats not hard! Even though it messed up aspecfs of the gameplay, used the COMPLETE mod first time through SoC and Clear Sky.

Makes me wonder if the stalker saga would be updated and sold on current gen console. It was like Fallout with more atmospheric impact.

Decarb used tablet CPU as a metaphor for saying that the CPUs in the current consoles are weak.

So he's a console development expert then. My mistake. Thanks.

Well you can't find a GPU with 8GB RAM either, doesn't mean PS4 has most powerful GPU. A specialized version of low end APU will work for games built from ground up for it, but not for a port of a PC game that can chew and spit a 4670k if you try to push it to 1080p/60fps on High.

I apologies for the hyperbole though.

Nothing wrong with bringing older titles back on new hardware. They should do it to a lot of popular games. Especially since the PS4 and Xbox One are not backwards compatable.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Another series I completely missed out on last gen! I'm down if this is real. I own Metro on PC but my laptop sucks so bad it looks worse than stalker and runs about 15fps so I didn't even really bother.

Here's to hoping!

Hypron

Makes me wonder if the stalker saga would be updated and sold on current gen console. It was like Fallout with more atmospheric impact.

The series is pretty much dead and buried at this point. Furthermore a port wouldn't be that straight forward, the whole interface and the controls would need to be reworked quite significantly. Plus it runs on GSC game world's own engine which probably wasn't ported to consoles.

kuppy

Didn't we already get an official statement about the PS4 version of Last Light a year ago? Then there was some rumors/speculation about the 2033 being included in as well.
Just so we have it linked, yes, here is the thread about that from 04-25-2013.

Top Bottom