• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Microsoft E3 Conference Details Leaked (Ryse 2, Epic exclusive, FH2, more).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faker than a 4 dollar bill. Microsoft never has this many exclusives with the original xbox, so in one e3 they unload the barrel? Same with sony. I guess it doesn't hurt to dream, but it seems like this was a fanfict counter to sonys fanfict

jesu

I don't think Frontier Development are working on a Kinect game, they're too busy with Elite at the moment.

jschreier

A few differences between the ntkrnl leak and this nonsense on Blogspot and Dualshockers:

1) Multiple people, myself included, have verified that ntkrnl is indeed connected to Microsoft.

2) All of ntkrnl's leaks are grounded--it's not hard to see how one person would have access to the information that he/she posted. They're realistic, too, and not peppered with that DualShockers fanboy nonsense like "jawdropping visuals" and "Sony's back with a bang."

3) Some of ntkrnl's leaks have already been proven real.

Caffeine

this is like gaf > internet > gaf most of the stuff in the wishlist ntkrnl posted lol.

that being said I cant wait for everyones e3 offerings regardless of these wishlists.

Leflus

Speculation based on Phil Spencer stuff from Twitter: Check
Speculation about LXP and Platform Next Studios: Check
Ntkrl rumours: Check
Twisted Pixel artwork speculation: Check
Wishful thinking (Perfect Dark from Rare): Check

List is fake as shit... it would make for one hell of a conference though.

Well Horizon will be focused in USA. Crackdown and Fable I think it is more suitable to american taste. Fallout will not be exclusive...
Wut. Fable is one of the most British franchises out there.

Also: European consumers are not that different from American consumers.

The mainstream gamers loves their CODs, Battlefields, GTAs, Assassin's Creeds and sports games.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Funny list, but if a new Crackdown is announced and Platinum ends up having exclusive games on the system at some point? You've got yourself a sale there MS!

Gorillaz

Funny list, but if a new Crackdown is announced and Platinum ends up having exclusive games on the system at some point? You've got yourself a sale there MS!

both are most likely going to happen, at least the crackdown thing and Platinum making a game for MS has been a rumor for a year now

A few differences between the ntkrnl leak and this nonsense on Blogspot and Dualshockers:

1) Multiple people, myself included, have verified that ntkrnl is indeed connected to Microsoft.

2) All of ntkrnl's leaks are grounded--it's not hard to see how one person would have access to the information that he/she posted. They're realistic, too, and not peppered with that DualShockers fanboy nonsense like "jawdropping visuals" and "Sony's back with a bang."

Ive asked in another thread multiple times but no one responded, but a mod said that they had absolute proof that ntkrnl was NOT a controlled leak.

If the person is connected to MS, could just be an employee but do you think or know if it was controlled or not?

so seeing that something like Sunset Overdrive was detailed before hand and has now proven ntkrnl's leak as legtimate; whats the word on ntkrnl's other Xbox One leaks being probable? any ideas as to who might be supposedly leaking the info below?

http://legitshook.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/e3-plans-for-microsoft/
-Halo 2 Anniversary. The worst kept secret in gaming is real. The MS conference begins with the legendary E3 demo remade. 343/Sabre/Certain Affinity collaborative. MP is there but it’s Halo 4 gameplay on Halo 2 maps. XB1 (60fps) and X360 (sub720p, 30fps). Trailer ends with release date 11/11/14.

-Mass Effect CG trailer. Full title is Mass Effect: Contact. Takes place during the First Contact War prior to the first game.

-Gold paywall for apps is over, effective immediately.

-Fallout 4 teaser trailer. Set around same time as 3. Similar to the other Fallout trailers but instead of music it’s Three Dog asking for help over the air.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28752-1366730513-9.gif

BatmanX

Yeah, a no-name blog, grains of salt but it sounds to me a bit more grounded that Sony's rumor. Some info matches the leak earlier this year, but if this is made up then it might be there to pass it as genuine. For whatever it's worth:

http://thecutanddry.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/leaked-microsoft-e3-2014.html

Well some of those leaks would me make me very jealous if true of not having an xbox one, this will be a very hot e3 that's for sure.

Not interested in sunset overdrive, rather surprised of how good was received here

Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.

What the hell ? Perfect Dark is about a female James Bond. If Microsoft wants an Uncharted competitor then why not create a new franchise ?

What's with all these morons posting /r/xboxone fan fiction as fact? C'mon, they're all newly minted, one post blogs. They are all blatantly fake.

flameboyNE

Neo Member
Speculation based on Phil Spencer stuff from Twitter: Check
Speculation about LXP and Platform Next Studios: Check
Ntkrl rumours: Check
Twisted Pixel artwork speculation: Check
Wishful thinking (Perfect Dark from Rare): Check

List is fake as shit... it would make for one hell of a conference though.

Wut. Fable is one of the most British franchises out there.

Also: European consumers are not that different from American consumers.

The mainstream gamers loves their CODs, Battlefields, GTAs, Assassin's Creeds and sports games.

Yeah this is something I've never understood this view that European customers are like some weird backwater of gaming. It comes purely from our early computer games history being different, having relatively recently moved form England to North America (nearly 2 years ago) I've noticed very little difference except for a slight bias towards Xbox but even that's eroded since last year's E3.

jschreier

Ive asked in another thread multiple times but no one responded, but a mod said that they had absolute proof that ntkrnl was NOT a controlled leak.

If the person is connected to MS, could just be an employee but do you think or know if it was controlled or not?
I have no idea, but there's no reason to believe it's controlled. Why would they want to leak that stuff? Companies like Microsoft believe very strongly in the PR cycle, and they want to control their message, whether that's through Xbox Wire blog posts or E3 pressers. Conspiracy theories aside, I don't know why anyone would think they'd intentionally leak distant announcements on NeoGAF.

Leflus

What the hell ? Perfect Dark is about a female James Bond. If Microsoft wants an Uncharted competitor then why not create a new franchise ?
Idk. I think that Perfect Dark x Uncharted could work very well.

The theme/universe from Perfect Dark and a Uncharted-esque mix of shooting and light platforming. Toss in a few gadgets, and you've got yourself a game.

That being said, and I can't believe that I am saying this, but MS already has enough third person shooters. Seems weird that they would support 4 different IPs with third person shooting and only 1 FPS IP.

I just want to see what quantum break looks like now. It's obvious the game has gotten a graphical boost so no secret there.

I'm not holding my breath for a new PD game, as much as i want it to happen i just don't see it.

I just want to see what quantum break looks like now. It's obvious the game has gotten a graphical boost so no secret there.

I'm not holding my breath for a new PD game, as much as i want it to happen i just don't see it.
If phantom dust isn't happening I would be surprised. Phil teased the shit out of it.

komplanen

I read the whole thing and despite being alone let out an audible laughter at least three times. That's some fucking thick fan fiction.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If we had a thread for every cut & paste rumour from no-name sources with zero reliable track record, our front page would be full of such things. Ergo, lock.

Much like the Nintendo equivalent, if you guys want to make a thread discussing Microsoft's E3 plans you are more than welcome to. But lets try to avoid thread-per-rumour stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom