• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] more Square love to 360 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod

Banned
Zweisy1 said:
I'd definitely like to see either Star Ocean or Grandia go 360.
Ditto. I wouldn't mind seeing Neverland revive Lufia either.... 360 could become home to the great underdog RPGs. :)

Zweisy1 said:
Did GameArts develop Sylpheed themselves?
Co-developed with Seta.

Zweisy1 said:
Wouldn't cry if tri-Ace never does another Star Ocean though..Valkyrie Profile and Radiata stories were more enjoyable and creative than the Star Ocean games.. Looking forward to Infinite Undiscovery.
Me too... IU seems very Star Ocean-y so far though (with a greater fantasy emphasis admittedly). I sort of wonder if there may be some trouble brewing between them and Squeenix.

Busty said:
Also is Infinite Undiscovery being funded by Microsoft or just published by them?
Both. MGS owns the IP too (a la MistWalker, Game Republic and Q's MGS games).

Diablohead said:
ffxiii.jpg

Thats a nice pic, never seen it before!

Say didn't square-enix took over Taito and Taito was the owner of the Estopolis(Lufia).
So if Square-Enix will bring a Lufia game to 360.... I can dream.

Eh....Tri-Ace doing IU, which looks to be Star Ocean 4 without IP rights, and Star Ocean 4 too? I'd say thats unlikely at least.

And Square-Enix doing Star Ocean 4 on their own sounds the same...

Zweisy1

Ditto. I wouldn't mind seeing Neverland revive Lufia either.... 360 could become home to the great underdog RPGs.

Yup. Personally, I think Xbox 360 is the most interesting platform outside of DS when it comes to JRPGs.. Infinite Undiscovery and Eternal Sonata in particular look promising.

Im just hoping 360 will keep it up and become comparable to a good SEGA platform as far as JRPG support goes. (Oh well, Im probably stupid to hope for 360 to be another Saturn seeing as Saturn actually did quite well in japan..)

Another Lufia would be awesome on any platform.. would quite like a DS version actually.

Sallokin

So why exactly didn't Square release Project Sylpheed in the U.S? I mean it basically would have been free money the way people seem to snap up anything 360 related. I highly doubt that it sold enough in Japan to recoup its development costs... I swear SE is so confounding sometimes. First FM5 now this...

would ANYONE be suprised by the Star Ocean rumor? its been kicked around for awhile and SO3 was actually kinda popular in the U.S.

MS is courting the living shit out of RPG makers.. they need to get on the SMT tip and finance a new game :)

meltpotato said:
would ANYONE be suprised by the Star Ocean rumor? its been kicked around for awhile and SO3 was actually kinda popular in the U.S.

MS is courting the living shit out of RPG makers.. they need to get on the SMT tip and finance a new game :)
They got an SMT last generation, and it didn't work out in the end unfortunately.
TONX said:
reading his blog, he seems extremely biased. ill take this with a grain of salt.
I pretty much agree. I read it and it seemed completely anti-Sony, and pro-MS. I'm putting zero creditability into that article. That would be like me writing blog entries, since they'd be biased towards the console manufacturer I support.

Mana Knight said:
They got an SMT last generation, and it didn't work out in the end unfortunately.

they ****ed up a lot of things last gen.

now what do you do when you fall off the horse? you ditch Dino Crisis and get Lost Planet

Bebpo

Banned
Blimblim said:
Star Ocean being developed by Tri-Ace, who are also working on Infinite Undiscovery, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the series on both platforms.

Tri-Ace doesn't have a huge staff though. Unless a 2nd team is heading SO4, all focus is currently is on IU. While I think SO4's perfect platform would be the X360, I wouldn't expect it there before late 2008, 2009.

Diablos

There's a new "SQUARE ON 360" rumor like every ****ing day, I swear.

Who cares. If they announce something for 360, good for them. If they don't, good for them.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
*rubs hands*

I already own a 360, so if Star Ocean goes to the 360...I'm ready

*pumps fist*

How were sales for Star Ocean 3?

Bebpo said:
Tri-Ace doesn't have a huge staff though. Unless a 2nd team is heading SO4, all focus is currently is on IU. While I think SO4's perfect platform would be the X360, I wouldn't expect it there before late 2008, 2009.

hmmm, why do you think it would be the perfect platform? because they will have the tech in place with ID? I cant think of any other reason. I still reckon most jrpg fans will get either a ps3 or wii. I mean square games will sell no matter what, Tri ace is another matter though I suppose

peace

This resembles a typical Wii/DS developer potential announcement thread, where everyone hopes their favorite, yet obscure and financial failure of a franchise will be revived.

The Experiment said:
This resembles a typical Wii/DS developer potential announcement thread, where everyone hopes their favorite, yet obscure and financial failure of a franchise will be revived.
it would be hilarious if they revived erheiz

peace

Bebpo

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
hmmm, why do you think it would be the perfect platform? because they will have the tech in place with ID? I cant think of any other reason. I still reckon most jrpg fans will get either a ps3 or wii. I mean square games will sell no matter what, Tri ace is another matter though I suppose

peace

Everyone's figured since the early word of SO being on X360, that it would be a good match because Star Ocean is now an American series. The game sells more in the US than Japan, it's SCI-FI, which does well in the west compared to Fantasy, and Tri-Ace will never make a Wii game because they are all about pushing graphical boundaries.

SO4 will sell a million in the US on the X360 easy.

Dali

Bebpo said:
Everyone's figured since the early word of SO being on X360, that it would be a good match because Star Ocean is now an American series. The game sells more in the US than Japan, it's SCI-FI, which does well in the west compared to Fantasy, and Tri-Ace will never make a Wii game because they are all about pushing graphical boundaries.

I don't think SO3 sold that well, and the PS2's userbase was argueably far more JRPG friendly than the 360.

nice source dude! Where is the guy who wanted to start n00000000z.com? Might not be such a bad idea after all!

and more love? You consider FFXI port love? :lol ahhaa

Dali said:
I don't think SO3 sold that well, and the PS2's userbase was argueably far more JRPG friendly than the 360.
SO3 only sold 300k-400k I believe, before GH status. It did well, but the game still performed better in Japan (although disappointing compared to the 2nd).

Dali

Mana Knight said:
SO3 only sold 300k-400k I believe, before GH status. It did well, but the game still performed better in Japan (although disappointing compared to the 2nd).

That's a pretty decent number. It proves my point that 1mil for SO4 is incredibly optimistic.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Blimblim said:
The previous Star Ocean games were developed by Tri-Ace, it would just make sense if it still was the case for a new game.
I don't even know whether to expect another Star Ocean or not. But I guess we'll see after IU...

busty said:
Also is Infinite Undiscovery being funded by Microsoft or just published by them?
Does it matter? It's a MGS-J IP. (Although I think it's both)

Deku

Banned
Wow at the people who are frothing at the mouth at this.

Granted barrier to entry is much lower since SE actually have already released a title on the 360, but some of the suggestions are a bit 'out there'. Given 360's user demographics, it might not be an RPG at all if SE does make a game for it.

It's Ogre Battle.

Forget Star Ocean, they need to bring back some of their other titles!

Bahamuts Lagoon!
Tobal!
Lufia! (I'm pretty sure SE bought Taito)

...Chrono? =D (If this appeared on the 360, NeoGAF would collapse)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Bebpo said:

If it was half as good as 2, it deserves to. I've always been surprised at how well SO2 and 3 did in America... especially since we never got the original game or Blue Sphere. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for SO2 so any news of SO4 is gooooood...

Busty

Banned
Wyndstryker said:
Forget Star Ocean, they need to bring back some of their other titles!

Bahamuts Lagoon!
Tobal!
Lufia! (I'm pretty sure SE bought Taito)

...Chrono? =D (If this appeared on the 360, NeoGAF would collapse)

If Chrono anything appeared on the 360........

.......using just a single DVD9 disc to hold the entire game

.......and using the White Engine.

GAF wouldn't collapse, it would implode upon itself creating some sort of digital black hole sucking the rest of the Internet into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom