• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: MWR standalone out June 27, $39.99

Blader

I want to get this just to relive the campaign, but hell no at $40. I'll wait til it drops to 10-20, or maybe even just redbox it.

IISANDERII

OléGunner;241297356 said:
Wow 40 bucks!
So probably about £35-40.

Horrible price, not to mention all the micro's, loot boxes and additional weapons they added.

In case you need reminding on how much of a cluster fuck this remaster is by Jim Sterling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANu0vnISD0E
Lol damn, I love Jim Sterling, I should watch him more often. That video was good, dropping truth grenades all over. And one thing he didn't even mention was that the Remaster was even missing a few maps from the original base game! Actv only added them back in later patch, calling it a "free" update, trying to make themselves look like good people.

I'm so happy CODWW2 seems like crap already so I can steer far away from this company.

Sony

Nintendo
Sue their assess. You can't say only available through collectors edition then release it stand alone.

moeman

I would pay $40 if it included co-op campaign and all the DLC but as it stands the game doesn't sound worth it at all.

I have no doubt that this will sell decently though. Call of Duty is a huge IP and Activision stands to lose more if they devalue their brand. Years old CoD games are still selling for significant amounts and continue to chart, so it's feeble to think that they would price this at any less than $40.

Wil348

$40 wouldn't be bad if it included the DLC maps (which are being sold seperately) and didn't have microtransactions. I would have bought it, but considering the state of it now, I'll be skipping. This is disappointing but hardly surprising considering this is Activision.

I mean I paid $80 for it back when it launched since I have played Infinite Warfare like once. I still enjoy it just as much as I did back when it first came out. I don't really notice the microtransactions, and I have never had a problem with loot boxes since I don't buy them. The price of the DLC however is bullshit.

More leaked info confirmed that the Xbox version launches on July 27th, PS4 version launches next Tuesday.

Incredible how pathetic and insulting this whole situation is.

jelly

Activision will never change until you vote with your wallet. It's gotten this far because not enough people did each year as Activision pushed further and further.

I haven't really found this to be true to be honest. Not that there's no weapons behind supply drops, of course there is, but I haven't really found any to be better than the best weapons in the game like the M16 which is still godlike. However maybe there are actual tests etc that show otherwise, just going purely from experience here. But you're not going to be obviously outclassed by using the base weapons or anything.

Not including the DLC maps in even the retail edition is some moneygrabbing shite though, I'm going to be very curious how this sells.

Well, even though you can use supply drops for new weapons, that's not the only way to unlock them.

Using enough of the scrap metal you get will let you get the new guns without having to rely solely on RNGsus' box like in Black Ops 3 and Advanced Warfare

Ossom

Was originally tempted having never played the original, but after watching Jim Sterling's video on this, I won't contribute to a game, which was locked behind a separate game purchase, with DLC added as an extra on the side and not included for free.

Dabanton

More leaked info confirmed that the Xbox version launches on July 27th, PS4 version launches next Tuesday.

Incredible how pathetic and insulting this whole situation is.

Lol if that's true Activision continues to shit on Xbox. So not only is DLC held back for a month whole games are as well?

Falchion

I get the flak the multiplayer is getting but the remastered single player was actually spectacular. They did such a great job updating it.

Top Bottom