• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New game in the METRO series will be in VR - Announcement probably take place at PlayStation's State Of Play.

Moses85

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
They made another VR-only game a few years back that wasn't Metro but was very much in that style called Arktika 1. So this isn't too shocking.

I hate that PC VR is so dead now, the market feels very fragmented which is exacerbating the installed base issue.

Hope it's not only VR. Would be cool to play it like a regular fps with a controller in vr. Don't like dancing and swinging arms in front of the TV.

They made another VR-only game a few years back that wasn't Metro but was very much in that style called Arktika 1. So this isn't too shocking.

I hate that PC VR is so dead now, the market feels very fragmented which is exacerbating the installed base issue.
Yep, exclusive are awful for VR.

Markio128

VR only will be a kiss of death. Would make more sense if it's a traditional game with a VR component.
I reckon there are enough VR owners out there to make a good game successful. It’s the unpolished turds that deserve to die, like on any platform. If it’s releases on Quest, PC VR and PSVR2 (and is a good game), it should do well enough. Having said all that, I wouldn’t mind one bit if it was a hybrid game, like GT7 and the Resi games.

scydrex

Please yes! I prefer hybrid like GT7, re4 and re8. It's better to be full fledged and not vr only. Will sell more and still be awesome. Those are the best games on psvr2 and are hybrid.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

PC VR is dead? Doesn't feel like it - constant stream of games, steamlink native VR app on Quest plus the new UEVR mod and CitraVR.

I mentioned it a few times on the other threads already, but I suspect it's a fully fledged game for PC, PS5 and Series X/S whilst also being designed for VR. It's very plausible given it's a first person game.
That makes no sense, the VR tag would be mentioned later if that were the case. Nah this is Sony paying for a smaller VR focused Metro that they can do on the side while developing the next traditional Metro game in the series.

Trogdor1123

Is it pretty bad? I really love vr and would grab a headset but not if it’s a total train wreck. It feels like it could really make some strides if a clear leader emerged.

That makes no sense, the VR tag would be mentioned later if that were the case. Nah this is Sony paying for a smaller VR focused Metro that they can do on the side while developing the next traditional Metro game in the series.

4A Games announced they had begun development of their next game (not plural) a good while back, and then Tom Hendorson also leaked last year that the game was in a fully playable state, he didn't make mention of it their being multiple titles or anything.

Yes it's possible they're making two titles but I don't think it's likely given their messaging and the rumours.

4A Games announced they had begun development of their next game (not plural) a good while back, and then Tom Hendorson also leaked last year that the game was in a fully playable state, he didn't make mention of it their being multiple titles or anything.

Yes it's possible they're making two titles but I don't think it's likely given their messaging and the rumours.
I just don't see why there's a focus on VR if it can be played in the standard way? Hopefully you are right, we'll see soon.

I just don't see why there's a focus on VR if it can be played in the standard way? Hopefully you are right, we'll see soon.
Maybe some sort of marketing and development deal with Sony, it's no secret they want to push more PSVR2 units and their line-up in that regards is relatively small at the moment. I don't have a clue honestly as I don't game on VR anyway but just an educated guess.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Is it pretty bad? I really love vr and would grab a headset but not if it’s a total train wreck. It feels like it could really make some strides if a clear leader emerged.
It's "dead" in that there aren't many AAA games. It's the same for PSVR2, it's not dead, just people who expect games that aren't feasible in VR acting doom and gloom because the bulk of games are indie titles from small teams.

PCVR is arguably the best place for VR due to mods and whatnot. People who constantly say VR is dead probably don't even own a headset.

fart town usa

Gold Member
People when talking about PSVR2's supposed death: "no wonder it's dying, where are the games?"

People when Sony show the VR games: "no this is such a waste I need this as a normal game"
It's so stupid. All these dip shit YouTubers harvesting clicks via constant negative VR coverage will be the same people harvesting clicks with "overlooked VR gems" videos 3 years from now. Mind you, these will all be the games that they shat on and advised people not to buy.

Gamers are retarded.

xrnzaaas

It'll flop and be forgotten just like Half Life Alyx.
Hopefully it won't be VR-exclusive.
Alyx wasn't forgotten. If that was the case people wouldn't be begging Valve to port it to PSVR2.

Or the modders wouldn't try to create and then improve a playable non-VR version.

There's always a bunch of youtubers downplaying vr and making snarky stupid comments about vr. This clown here always tends to see it negatively..

Top Bottom