• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* New Nintendo Direct coming July 22nd.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423701119/

> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed

> Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

Michele

you.
This 4chan leak was posted here: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423701119/

Supposedly, some things that he predicted got true such as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe updates and that 'Pikachu Funko Pop'.

Updates for MK8D can be found here:

And for Pikachu one it can be found here: https://www.funko.com/blog/article/coming-soon-target-exclusive-pikachu-pop

As always take this with grain of salt. Saying 'this leak is all true because these were true' is a popular misconception - things being true does not mean the date or leak itself is real.

Source:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Fake as fuck.
But sure i'll believe it

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

Cool the switch has two screens now

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Do people honestly believe these things are real? Sure, there's real leaks, but this one's just funny.

Michele

you.

Not to be offending, but I do not think it matters who got first. I think it matters how much content is put in a thread.

For example, in your thread, you just put what the user said in 4chan, and so I think the quality is slightly less than this thread. I put some more information and a bit more work into this, including that Reddit link.
Sorry if it's slightly vague, but in my opinion, I do not think it matters if someone posted first a thread, but more about how much work or much information was put in a thread.

Gorki247

Fake as fuck.
But sure i'll believe it

Cool the switch has two screens now
I'm sure this means TV screen and Switch screen, but yeah don't believe any of it.

Andyliini

I saw this a few days ago. Fake for certain. Altough it would be a trol more for Nintendo to tease something in their Twitter account towards the date, but in the end, it would only be Waluigi-themed day or something.

woopWOOP

Fake as fuck.
But sure i'll believe it
bullshit.jpg

Aside from the lol contents, July 22nd is on a Sunday. Did they ever do Directs on weekends? I honestly can't remember

Ogbert

Agree a lot of this is fake.

But apparently the Funko stuff was confirmed yesterday and Nintendo have also announced that MK8 will be getting updates.

Please, God, no funkos. Everything but the funkos!

This sounds incredibly fake. If they had all these games to show and announce, why didn't they do that at E3 then? They had one of the worst showings in a while (and that's saying something when it comes to Nintendo) and now they're just gonna bust out title after title? I don't buy it.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
How is this any different than any other "leak" on /v/? Sure, once in a blue moon there's a legit leak, but these lists are posted every single day. We really need to stop drawing attention to these.

Especially this one. If you believe this one then you deserve all the disappointment you get.

levyjl1988

Banned
If this leak is real it would be great to get new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC. That game after I’ve played it has been collecting dust and I’ve been floating between other games. I think I’ll be on Octopath Traveller, Monster Hunter World, and Tera for the mean time.

Vawn

Banned
I heard (aka made up) a rumor that Capcom will be showing off a remake of the original Resident Evil but the cast will be played by Mario characters.

Jill Valentine - Daisy
Chris Redfield - Luigi
Albert Wesker - Waluigi
Barry Burton - Mario
Rebecca Chambers - Toadette

Expect to hear more on the 22nd of never.

Also, if somebody wants to create a new thread for this "leak", please feel free. It clearly warrants one.

Mozza

I can't see why they would not show this stuff at E3?,unless they planned to have a direct later on in the year say around September...but because of the share price dropping after the E3 event,they may have decided to bring things forward a little.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Mother 3D? With Amiibos of characters nobody in North America has ever heard of?

Not buying it
although I would totally buy them all if it were real

Trogdor1123

I hope they spend 30-40 minutes discussing the slight changes to the colour palette in smash. A breakdown by each character and stage would be best.

xandaca

This is so stupid I'm almost convinced it's a deliberate joke to show you can convince people of anything if they want to believe it.

Nobo-ty

Neo Member
I figured a Direct would be coming soon. I was getting so tired of hearing people whine about the E3 Direct when they know there will be one in at least two months.

It’s honestly why I don’t consider E3 special anymore. Just show us videos of stuff coming in the year or even early next year at that. This, “let’s show you a game that won’t be out in 4 years” is getting old.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Shame the list didn't talked about ocarina of time 2

My uncle works for nintendo.

JimboJones

Sound aweso....

Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

Never mind.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
WTF was Rian Johnson thinking with that scene but cutting out Luke's reaction to Han's death. 0o

Seems to me he was out to humiliate Luke's character to make the "new" ones more interesting...
That's not the only problem with this movie...
I'd believe KH3 was coming to the Switch before I'd ever believe Mother 3 remake is coming.
I believe more in Mother 3D than KH3. Seriously. But whatever Switch wins, we win.

cryptoadam

Banned
This is the fakest fake that ever faked.

There will be another direct, and new games will be announced. Nintendo themselves said they have more games for 2018 to reveal.

But Mother 3, KH3, Fallout 76 LOL. If all that was removed this would be pretty believable but this "leaker" had to go for the gold.

Mario DLC, MK8 DLC, and Mario Maker are no brainers and should happen.

A new 2D Mario will come to the system at some point but I would rather see a New Super MArio Bros All Stars that collects all the games into one package.

Very fake, but it would be great if true. Especially NSMBS. Would be one of the best directs ever if all this actually happened. But it won't. This is an E3 caliber direct.

Vawn

Banned
Off subject, but the Mario Maker talk plus the release of Captain Toad made me think of it. Switch really needs a patch to allow playing it in 2 screen mode somehow, like the Wii U.

I know Nintendo didn't want the confusion of what the machine is, but the Switch is established now. Some of these games clearly would benefit from the two screen design. And then, maybe even a patch to allow BoTW to be played how it was meant to be played - with the Shiekah Slate being the second screen and removing the need to constantly be pausing the gameplay.

KellyNole

Off subject, but the Mario Maker talk plus the release of Captain Toad made me think of it. Switch really needs a patch to allow playing it in 2 screen mode somehow, like the Wii U.

I know Nintendo didn't want the confusion of what the machine is, but the Switch is established now. Some of these games clearly would benefit from the two screen design. And then, maybe even a patch to allow BoTW to be played how it was meant to be played - with the Shiekah Slate being the second screen and removing the need to constantly be pausing the gameplay.

They could really allow a smart phone or tablet do the editing this time around when it is docked.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423701119/

> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed

> Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

Going through the list and ill give a ding to the most probable of actually could happen..

"The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops" Ill give that a Ding

"A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead." Ill give this a tentative ding as its been awhile since we had a sidescrolling Mario game.

"Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens" Ill give that a Buzz for not happening

"Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine." Ill give that a full ding as you could see Delfino on the map in game and game has yet to have a new kingdom and challenges.

"MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown." Ill give that a ding

"Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off" Ill give this one No way in hell of happening Buzz

"Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76" Ill give this a buzz as I dont think FO 76 could run on switch.

"A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed" Ill give this a ding

"Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero" Ill give this a tentative buzz. As there been rumors for awhile of a Star Fox racing game but why dident they show it off at E3 Direct?

"Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll" Ill give this a ding

"Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym" Ill give this a ding

Overall this Direct could happen but I really doubt Mother 3D is actually a thing.

MAtgS

KH3?! Yeah, confirmed fake
well it is on UE4 so a scale down version could be possible.

"Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76" Ill give this a buzz as I dont think FO 76 could run on switch.
its an online game, they could cloud stream it ala PSO2.

Last edited:
Going through the list and ill give a ding to the most probable of actually could happen..

"The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops" Ill give that a Ding

"A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead." Ill give this a tentative ding as its been awhile since we had a sidescrolling Mario game.

"Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens" Ill give that a Buzz for not happening

"Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine." Ill give that a full ding as you could see Delfino on the map in game and game has yet to have a new kingdom and challenges.

"MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown." Ill give that a ding

"Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off" Ill give this one No way in hell of happening Buzz

"A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed" Ill give this a ding

"Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero" Ill give this a tentative buzz. As there been rumors for awhile of a Star Fox racing game but why dident they show it off at E3 Direct?

"Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll" Ill give this a ding

"Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym" Ill give this a ding

Overall this Direct could happen but I really doubt Mother 3D is actually a thing.

I pretty much agree with all of this (except I'm more skeptical of the Starfox racing leak)

Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the leaker here obviously was privy to some inside info because there was a thing or two he already got right, but like we've seen with some other leaks, the leaker used his inside info here to lend more credence to the absurd bunch of bullshit leaks he's currently trying to troll people with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom