• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Paper Mario Wii U in development (Intelligent Systems)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This is good since im planing to buy paper mario on VC, would be my first paper mario game.

Mikey Jr.

It wont be good guys.

It'll have some lame ass gimmick as usual and get away from the gamecube and n64 version.

Taker666

If true I really hope they go for an almost photorealistic paper look (akin to what they did in Kirby with the claymation and the wool in Yoshi's Woolly World).

BY2K

Membero Americo
Looking at the backlash Sticker Star got, I doubt Miyamoto will stop IntSys from making a full RPG with a story, this time.

Mzo

Sticker Star was good. But TTYD was stellar. Rogueport is the best location in a Mario game ever.

This. Still thoroughly enjoyed Sticker Star but what I really want is another PM/TTYD.

SPM was hot garbage, though, I hope Miyamoto still hasn't forgiven them for it and keeps the leash strong.

Sandfox

Super Paper Mario was different, but fun. If we end up getting a new title I'm expecting to be like the previous game after the criticism and price collapse the previous game was hit by.

Ganondorfo

hqdefault.jpg

haha yes please

kunonabi

I'm excited. A little annoyed that we're in for another thread full of people who didn't play Super Paper Mario but still hate it anyway, but hey, if it's actually coming that's worth enduring.

Super Paper Mario is still my favorite game in the series but yeah this thread will be pointless bitching like every other Paper Mario thread.

Astral Dog

Hum?

They're making Fire Emblem, which should be nearing completion, and STEAM has been done for months. This would be their only confirmed console project.

I mean they are becoming more important and well known since Awakening: Paper Mario, IF, STEAM, FE X SMT (as supervisors) and now a possible PM console title, i thought they were more of a small team.

And of course, no Advance Wars.

roytheone

I actually really liked super paper Mario, it was different but still a very good game. It wasn't as good as the thousand year door, but very few games are, that game was incredible.

RM8

I'm the one person who would love Sticker Star 2. I'd be happy with any kind of PM game :] But SS remains my favorite so far.

Mikey Jr.

I'm excited. A little annoyed that we're in for another thread full of people who didn't play Super Paper Mario but still hate it anyway, but hey, if it's actually coming that's worth enduring.

I played Super Paper Mario.

That was not a paper mario rpg. That game felt like just a regular platformer.

I can't wait for another Iwata Asks where the developers pat themselves on the back for their choice of generic Toad colors. And tell us more about how Miyamoto doesn't think RPGs shouldn't have stories.

This thread is proving to me that there are people that actually did like Sticker Star.
I thought I was the only one.

Please be like TTYD... And I guess we'll see something at E3 next month?

I dont know... someone said something at the job fare doesnt seem like solid information. ill wait for the official confirmation.

that said i wouldnt be surprised either. fire emblem if seems to be a project that is finishing up, rhythm tengoku is a remake which shouldnt take too many resources. fire emblemxsmt is mostly an atlus project....
this means IS does have some room for some projects.

and why not paper mario on wiiu?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm guessing either a sequel to TTYD or a remaster of the same game.

DNAbro

An HD paper mario game is literally the only thing I want from Nintendo this E3. PLEASE LET THIS BE AN E3 ANNOUNCEMENT.

Euron

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

PLEASE BE REAL AND PLEASE BE JUST A REGULAR PAPER MARIO GAME

Semajer

I hope so. It's been 8 years since a game in the Paper Mario series was released, and 11 years since the last good one.

WillyFive

I would rather see a new series of Mario themed RPG's, instead of continuing the Paper Mario (or Mario and Luigi) lines. It's been a long time since the last new line.

Particularly one developed far away from where Miyamoto lives. He is a great developer, but certainly the WRONG one for RPG's.

Top Bottom