• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Phantasy Star Victory coming to PlayStation Vita? (PSV on PSV)

zoner said:
Guess you won't be... touch screening

Yeah, I prefer playing my games with actual buttons and switches to wonky gimmicks.

Didn't like it on Nintendo DS (where you can argue it's executed best as there's an input device and response is generally best), didn't like it on iphone, didn't like it on my Droid and Droid2, and am still completely unimpressed by it on the ipad.

Buttons and switches will always win out.

I'm not the target demographic for novelty input mechanisms, until the day when a control pad / joystick becomes the novelty. :\

Cimarron

DAY ONE! I am just now rediscovering the goodness that is PSU Episode 3 and Phantasy Star Portable! So has Sega flat out said no to a Us release of Inifinity? :(

matmanx1

I'd buy the next Phantasy Star portable game on the Vita or the PSP if Sega chose to bring it over. I'm still not finished with PSP2 actually as I was just playing some missions this week. I actually find the gameplay of PSP2 to be more fun than MonHun if we're comparing similar titles.

I'm glad I still have a backlog of good jrpg's on the PSP to play or this would be a very hurtful time with all of the cancelled and skipped localizations. Assuming some of my favorite series are already Vita bound (like Phantasy Star Portable) then the Vita generation can't start soon enough, IMO.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Victory? ...SEGA need to Just make Phantasy Star V already.

also a new Dark Savior and a new Skies of Arcadia goddammit.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
.la1n said:
This isn't NOA

isn't SEGA even worse than Noa or at least in the same level of crap here?..I mean..7th Dragon, Valkyria Chronicles III, RGG Kenzan, RGG Shinsho , Hatsune Miku: Project Diva,Initial D Extreme Stage..ect

Loonz

Sorry to rain in this parade but this thread is the purest definition of "grasping at straws" that I've ever seen. I mean, probably a PS game is coming to the Vita either way but, man, could you please wait until there's an official announcement?.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Totobeni said:
isn't SEGA even worse than Noa or at least in the same level of crap here?..I mean..7th Dragon, Valkyria Chronicles III, RGG Kenzan, RGG Shinsho , Hatsune Miku: Project Diva,Initial D Extreme Stage..ect
And yet Yakuza 2, Let's Tap, Bayonetta, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Phantasy Star Portable 1 & 2, Rise of Nightmares

Of course they're not going to bring Project Diva or Initial D over here

The Take Out Bandit said:
Yeah, I prefer playing my games with actual buttons and switches to wonky gimmicks.

Didn't like it on Nintendo DS (where you can argue it's executed best as there's an input device and response is generally best), didn't like it on iphone, didn't like it on my Droid and Droid2, and am still completely unimpressed by it on the ipad.

Buttons and switches will always win out.

I'm not the target demographic for novelty input mechanisms, until the day when a control pad / joystick becomes the novelty. :\
Completely missed my joke

Loonz said:
Sorry to rain in this parade but this thread is the purest definition of "grasping at straws" that I've ever seen. I mean, probably a PS game is coming to the Vita either way but, man, could you please wait until there's an official announcement?.

I hate you for being such a party pooper, let us dream!!

P90

Loonz said:

I wouldn't say "purest", as that would entail NOA bringing an edgy RPG to the US/CA. As said before let us dream that maybe Sony and Sega will listen.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Calling something "PSV" and making it an online game instead of in the classic, offline, turn-based style would probably be the biggest possible insult a gaming company could ever make to me.

djtiesto said:
Calling something "PSV" and making it an online game instead of in the classic, offline, turn-based style would probably be the biggest possible insult a gaming company could ever make to me.

I agree.

I haven't been happy with Phantasy Star since Sega canceled the never-announced-but-in-development Phantasy Star IV: The Return of Alis for Sega CD.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium, but it wasn't the same game that I was expecting.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
herzogzwei1989 said:
I agree.

I haven't been happy with Phantasy Star since Sega canceled the never-announced-but-in-development Phantasy Star IV: The Return of Alis for Sega CD.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium, but it wasn't the same game that I was expecting.
By all means, you shouldn't have bumped, this is new thread-worthy.

*grumble grumble*

Top Bottom