• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: RTX 50 series flagship model will have 24 GB GDDR7 with 28 Gbps speed and 512-bit interface

Senua

One thousand nine hundred and ninety nine US Dollars.

Stop Motion Yes GIF by Mouse

Mithos

Wasn’t the melting cable just FUD?
I checked my cable and connector with a temp camera, saw nothing worth being concerned about and stopped thinking about it.
Plugged in a new one in a 4080S recently and just made sure to push it in until it clicked.
Have seen a few videos on youtube where even a cable that clicked, wasn't fully seated, I think that is a bad design.

Bojji

If the rumors are true. The RTX 50 should be configured as follows:
  • GB202 - 512-bit bus, 24 GB VRAM, 1536 GB/s bandwidth;
  • GB203 - 256-bit bus, 16 GB VRAM, 1024 GB/s bandwidth;
  • GB204 - 192-bit bus, 12 GB VRAM, 768 GB/s bandwidth;
  • GB206 - 128-bit bus, 8 GB VRAM, 512 GB bandwidth;
  • GB207 - 128-bit bus, 8 GB VRAM, 512 GB/s bandwidth.

If they will have 8GB cards in xx60 line they really are fucking scums.

I think it will be:

5060 - 12GB
5070 - 16GB
5080 - 16GB or 20GB (?) they can use same memory bus as 7900XT/3080

Or maybe they will start with 10GB on 5060.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I might jump back to Nvidia but it’s all going to depend on how badly Jensen fucks customers over.

40XX series was a wet fart, so hopefully they’re looking to make 50XX series worthwhile.

TrebleShot

It will almost definitely have a bespoke DLSS solution to tempt people over .

4090 as beastly as it is , isn’t a 4k120 card which is what we want.

Miss the days' the 512 Bus was just a given on the x80 cards. These cards have represented less and less value as we've gone further away from the 10xx series.

Bought myself a 1070 for $415 back in 2016. Huge gains over the previous generation, doubled RAM from the prior flagship to 8GB, and same power consumption. That was huge, and a great run for an 8 year old card. I am rooting for Intel to make good on Battlemage, that seems to be the only way we'll see competition back in the GPU sector anytime soon.

Lmao. Offering 8GB VRAM cards post 2022 was already an insult.

Holy fucking hell. Consumers should tell Nvidia to fuck off.

Also, If the 5090 doesn't have 32GB of VRAM, then what is the fucking point of that card even existing?

If these rumors are indeed true then the 5000 series looks like absolute dogshit.

Not sure if it's just babbies who entered the PC gaming scene post-mining craze, or people with more cents than sense.

8 gb of Ram in 2024...who is buying this?

Fools.

dont care, will buy 5080 no matter what

Have some standards, jeeze.

DryvBy

I'm still using a 1080 and hitting 60fps in most every game. If we were getting some system crushing graphics, I'd be intrigued but it's nothing like PC gaming used to be.

MikeM

Can’t wait to see what daddy Jensen is going to command from his green fans for the 5090. Wonder if he will aim for 85% margin lulz

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Replacing my 4070 with a 5090 as soon as I see that thing sitting on a shelf at Best Buy, next to the keyboards and mice.
So when the 5090Ti or 6090 launches? I hope I have the strength to sit this one out. 4090 is fine. I don't need the stress of trying to get one but I kind of like going through that hell for some sick reason. This year I have an excuse to sit it out, a 14k septic system replacement bill.

Senua

So when the 5090Ti or 6090 launches? I hope I have the strength to sit this one out. 4090 is fine. I don't need the stress of trying to get one but I kind of like going through that hell for some sick reason. This year I have an excuse to sit it out, a 14k septic system replacement bill.
nicksplat doug GIF

Mister Wolf

They'll have to show me some innovation specific to the 5000 Series. Frame Generation is just too good. Them creating it will hurt their card sales.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I would need to see some amazing new feature to move me off my 4090. Right now, a 4090 is overkill for 99.9999% of all PC games, particularly once you throw in DLSS, etc. I love mine more than life itself.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Finally, $2000 GPU with minimum 1kW PSU.

My current 4080 is alright, but I'm still feeling myself robbed after dropping solid $1000 for a GPU (price+local taxes)

Putting 8GB of VRAM on a 50 series is like putting a fucking Prius engine on a F1 chassis.
Useless.

Meanwhile I'm quite happy about my 2070 Super -> 4070 Super upgrade.
Its more than enough to run everything I throw at it.

Top Bottom