• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sekiro & Ghost of Tsushima are getting an Anime Adaptations

badblue

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
A bit of a bummer. I would have loved a live action series but anime will do.

Perrott

Gold Member
Motherfuckers, in what world does a "recycling emoji" equal "cross-platform game"? Everyone thought that they were teasing a certain remaster + an anime adaptation of the same IP.

Last edited:
Have watched Wit Studio's shows?
Yes. They're great.

They have been consistently good, I cant say the same about Madhouse.
I will say that Madhouse tends to excel more when they're aware that the show only has one season. I consider their highest highs to be better than that of Wit.

Just to clarify, me recommending Madhouse over Wit doesn't mean I'm saying Wit is worse. I know many here tend to do that when making comparisons, but I'm not. I'm simply having a preference.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yes. They're great.

I will say that Madhouse tends to excel more when they're aware that the show only has one season. I consider their highest highs to be better than that of Wit.

Just to clarify, me recommending Madhouse over Wit doesn't mean I'm saying Wit is worse. I know many here tend to do that when making comparisons, but I'm not. I'm simply having a preference.
Fair, I'm just much bigger fan of how Wit Studio does fight scenes, they really well choreographed. One Punch Man (1st season) has fantastic animation but its mostly about explosion and over top fights, it was same with their Redline movie as well.

Last edited:
Fair, I'm just much bigger fan of how Wit Studio does fight scenes, they really well choreographed. One Punch Man (1st season) has fantastic animation but its mostly about explosion and over top fights, it was same with their Redline movie as well.
If you were to pick from any generation, who would your dream studio be for these projects?

For me it would be Studio Manglobe(Samurai Champloo).

Danjin44

star-wars-empire-strikes-back.gif

This movie is my entire reason why I love Sekiro's combat system, when I watched this movie I hoped a game would come along that would give me the same feeling and thrill and Sekiro was EXACTLY that.

Last edited:
Watch at least one of them be one of those ugly 3D netflix anime

ultraman-anime.gif
so I hope them and not that studio thats always doing that 3D shit lol
Just wanted to let you two know, we're just now starting to leave the ugly era of 3d anime now that more studios are getting more used to using 3d.

vash-vash-stampede.gif

dragon-ball-super-superhero.gif

You should expect these anime studios to keep refining their skills of 3D until it's like a sharpened blade.

EDMIX

Just wanted to let you two know, we're just now starting to leave the ugly era of 3d anime now that more studios are getting more used to using 3d.

vash-vash-stampede.gif

You should expect these anime studios to keep refining their skills of 3D until it's like a sharpened blade.

Truth.

I still personally like hand drawn stuff, but I can't disregard the massive improvement over the years. I'm trying my best to really watch something new and not get into a funk of just watching all the same things over and over lol (tempted to run thru Trigun lol) I started Vinland Saga and might start it over again from the beginning and might actually continue that My Hero Academia show

Lokaum D+

Sekiro is a hard sell to me since 90% of fun and satisfaction come from gameplay, now GoT is based on story, it fits better for an anime adaptation.

Fbh

vash-vash-stampede.gif

Thins have definitely improved a lot since the days of truly ugly stuff like Knights of Sidonia or Ajin.

I still think 3D anime looks pretty terrible though. Trigun had a few cool shots and pretty good backgrounds but IMO the characters still mostly look bad. Same with DB Superhero, I think they did some cool stuff during action scenes but the regular scenes were still pretty ugly IMO with weird shiny and plastic looking characters (still the best DBZ movie, IMO).

Also I don't know if it's because of videogames but IMO low framerate animation looks a lot worse in 3D than 2D.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
WIT or BONES or maybe A-1.

Current Madhouse and MAPPA aren't much to write home about. Studio ORANGE as much as I don't like 3D anime wouldn't be a poor choice

Thins have definitely improved a lot since the days of truly ugly stuff like Knights of Sidonia or Ajin.

I still think 3D anime looks pretty terrible though. Trigun had a few cool shots and pretty good backgrounds but IMO the characters still mostly look bad. Same with DB Superhero, I think they did some cool stuff during action scenes but the regular scenes were still pretty ugly IMO with weird shiny and plastic looking characters (still the best DBZ movie, IMO).

Also I don't know if it's because of videogames but IMO low framerate animation looks a lot worse in 3D than 2D.
gabe-newell-time.gif

They just need more time to improve and refine and then refine some more. I know anime fans are pushing back hard on this but they have to understand that we are witnessing an extremely fresh growth of this new wave of 3D anime. This is like the anime version of the PS1/PS2 generation where things looked blocky and ugly, but had heart to them. I like that these studios are trying their hand at CGI and 3D to attempt to innovate the medium. Here's another preview to a project that blends these elements together really well.

I think eventually one of the teams will figure out the framerate issue and another team may figure out the frame by frame quality issue. I also think the end game is where we reach the point of 3D anime looking so good that you can barely tell, like that infamous Paperman short from Disney:

paperman-destiny.gif

paperman-destiny.gif

Regardless, some of these studios are miles ahead of what we had to endure last decade.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Fbh

Fbh

gabe-newell-time.gif

They just need more time to improve and refine and then refine some more. I know anime fans are pushing back hard on this but they have to understand that we are witnessing an extremely fresh growth of this new wave of 3D anime. This is like the anime version of the PS1/PS2 generation where things looked blocky and ugly, but had heart to them. I like that these studios are trying their hand at CGI and 3D to attempt to innovate the medium. Here's another preview to a project that blends these elements together really well.

I think eventually one of the teams will figure out the framerate issue and another team may figure out the frame by frame quality issue. I also think the end game is where we reach the point of 3D anime looking so good that you can barely tell, like that infamous Paperman short from Disney:

paperman-destiny.gif

paperman-destiny.gif

Regardless, some of these studios are miles ahead of what we had to endure last decade.

Yeah I can definitely see how things are getting better. We are moving past the point where anime being 3D is a dealbreaker which, at least for me , was a thing up until very recently, though it still sucks that amazing mangas like Dorohedoro had to get hideous looking adaptations for us to get there. The improvement over the past 10 years have been very substantial so I wouldn't be surprised if in another 5-10 year CGI anime takes another big leap.
Shows like Trigun Stampede or Pluto already look decent, definitely better than some mid to low tier 2D animation. So hopefully in another 5-10 years I can actually be hyped about a new anime being CG.

Maybe AI can be used for those in between frames so many of these shows don't look like they are animated at 5fps.

Akiba´s trip?

Nah it's a hilariously bad looking Ultraman anime on Netflix.
It was so bad it actually had notorious aliasing in a lot of scenes. At times it looked like they had rendered it on a Switch.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

i hope they will throw more budget for landscape background for Ghost of Tsushima anime

gonna be glorious if they able to nail this

Ps4 Samurai GIF by PlayStation
Galloping On My Way GIF by PlayStation

Doom85

They did great job with Chainsaw Man and Vinland Saga season 2.

Ansolutely, though we really should wish they DON’T pick up anymore new IPs for the time being. Even by anime studio standards, they seem to be one of the most overworked, and obviously their employees’ health should be a priority.

To be clear, the series they have and will presumably (a few of these are confirmed) continue:

-Chainsaw Man
-Hell’s Paradise
-Jujutsu Kaisen
-Vinland Saga
-Yuri on Ice
-Zombieland Saga

Also they’ll be adapting In This Corner of the World.

Let’s have them be able to finish a few of these before grabbing even more series.

it still sucks that amazing mangas like Dorohedoro had to get hideous looking adaptations for us to get there.

https://tenor.com/bltYo.gif

A few Berserk fans would probably trade a kidney to get an adaptation that looks like this over what they got in 2016 AKA an actual hideous looking adaptation. Like, yeah Dorohedoro’s CGI is not on Studio Orange’s level, but compared to Berserk 2016, Handshakers, Ex-Arm, etc., it’s clearly FAR better looking than any of those, and Geezus Christ, I know its anime adaptation gets better especially in later seasons, but starting off a peak manga like Golden Kamuy like this is just wrong:

pKKs4j7.jpg

Not to mention the Dorohedoro anime on MAL ultimately ranked #514 of all time and its popularity is #404 of all time, meaning lots of people enjoyed it and also meaning more people will check out the manga. So it’s not the anime’s existence hurt the manga, it was generally well received and raised awareness of the manga, which is arguably what’s important.

Danjin44

Ansolutely, though we really should wish they DON’T pick up anymore new IPs for the time being. Even by anime studio standards, they seem to be one of the most overworked, and obviously their employees’ health should be a priority.
That I agree, MAPPA taking up too much projects that once and its not healthy for their animatores and for the actual productions.

Danjin44

Chainsaw Man isn't as good as they promised and Vinland Saga season 2 is a still frames slide show. They aren't a good studio outside of JJK.
What? Chainsaw Man was fucking amazing! Vinland Saga season 2 slide show? If you expecting none stop action like you see in DBZ or other Shonen anime you are watching wrong type of show. Vinland Saga season 2 had fucking amazing story and writing.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
What? Chainsaw Man was fucking amazing! Vinland Saga season 2 slide show? If you expecting none stop action like you see in DBZ or other Shonen anime you are watching wrong type of show. Vinland Saga season 2 had fucking amazing story and writing.
Chainsaw Man is like a 7 up from the original 6 of the manga and I stopped reading Vinland Saga in 2008 after Askeladd died.

Top Bottom