• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* Sony working on a big infrastructure/platform update for PSN in time for PS5.

nowhat

For me, here in the UK, it's the best it's ever been, while Xbox Live has become slow.

On PSN I'm hitting download speeds of 80-130 Mbps, and that's via wireless, while with Live the download speed bounces around from a few Mbps up to about 70 and that's with a wired connection. Neither are as good as Steam in terms of download speeds, but PSN has definitely improved a lot in my experience compared to last gen.
Cannot comment on Xbox Live, but as to PSN - I don't know if the latest firmware fixes this (I'm doubtful), but when it comes to download speeds, which may not match your connection at all, there have been all kinds of remedies that may or may not help. Put it to rest mode, pause for a while and resume, whatnot. But what does actually help (or did, I haven't tested this with the latest FW), is that you close any streaming apps (Youtube/Netflix/etc) and games that may not be running but are still in the background (hold the PS button -> Close application). Here's a more technical article about it.

(as said, I haven't tested whether the major stability update that is 6.00 fixes this issue)

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I always told folk Sony was not twiddling it's thumbs for next gen. It's great they've been successful this gen because it only means that they will go full throttle for hardware, network and services and new IP's next gen, in the end, gamers win.........

The Gaikai and Onlive purchases were genius, it's bearing fruit, PSNOW is evolving, the network infrastructure is evolving. I mean nobody talks about when Sony enhances things, go to the PC PSN store and tell me it's the same as it was 1 year ago, this thing is lightning fast, purchases take no less than a second, it's the fastest store I've used in a minute....Taking my monthly plus games used to take so much time, it was slow, but now, even ELON MUSK would be proud..

12Dannu123

I always told folk Sony was not twiddling it's thumbs for next gen. It's great they've been successful this gen because it only means that they will go full throttle for hardware, network and services and new IP's next gen, in the end, gamers win.........

The Gaikai and Onlive purchases were genius, it's bearing fruit, PSNOW is evolving, the network infrastructure is evolving. I mean nobody talks about when Sony enhances things, go to the PC PSN store and tell me it's the same as it was 1 year ago, this thing is lightning fast, purchases take no less than a second, it's the fastest store I've used in a minute....Taking my monthly plus games used to take so much time, it was slow, but now, even ELON MUSK would be proud..

If you think Sony can compete against Cloud giants like Amazon, Microsoft and Google. Then you’re wrong. It’s much more complex than buying 2 failing companies.

If Sony were geniuses, then they should have competed against Azure, AWS, they should have known beforehand that Game will be streaming in the cloud and you need to be a cloud company to do so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom