• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Last Guardian Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of that "It is on hiatus" thing that happened last year, turned out to be total bogus, of course.

I remember that. Was literally the only time I gave up hope of TLG ever happening, only for Yoshida to come along half an hour later and debunk what Tretton had said.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If TLG comes out, can we have a betting thread where users place bets on how many reviews contain the phrase "but can it live up to the hype?"

Qvoth

someone tweet this and make this big
i remember kotaku did this once and they replied back right? or was that ffxv?

As much as I would like TLG to be release, I wont hold my breath. It would be nice but the will "rumor" cancellation doesn't bother me. If it false and the TLG is release then YEAH!! However if Sony never makes an announcement about it then noting have change from the current norm.

No way this news would come out at E3.
E3 isn't the time for bad news.

Also, it would be weird since Yoshida mentioned the game and said something like it is coming together nicely, just a few months ago. He wouldn't have said that if there was a chance for the game to get cancelled.

But still, I can very well imagine it beeing cancelled, but if so, they wouldn't announce that around E3 and certainly not at E3.

Maybe they pull of something like this on stage: "The Last Guardian is cancelled... on Ps3. Look at this Ps4 trailer." BOOOM

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Please read the OP, everyone:
two different tweets from Russian journalists Andrey Zagudaev and Petr Salnikov who work or used to work at GMBox.ru are hinting at a possible cancellation of the game
Lol.

TheKayle

Banned
I love the passion people have for The Last Guardian something they've never played and only seen tiny snippets of. You don't need a hype machine when the Internet will do it for you :)

this...

with agent...was just an "we have games" ps3 hype machine...expecially agent i think it never been a thing

but i would not take this tweet seirouslyu anyway

NotLiquid

If this was true, I fail to see how someone could feel bad about news like this (this rumor isn't proof of that). I'd feel really bad for the development studio and the people involved with development, as they invested tons of time in a project that ended up going nowhere. That would suck a lot.

But from a consumer perspective? This game has been on the verge of either existing, not existing, it still exists but its being worked on, probably not existing, we'll tell you more later, going to be shown or re-announced, it really exists for real guys, it actually hasn't existed for quite some time, no it really exists.

What does Sony gain from keeping this shit in the dark? If its not shown at this E3 or TGS, jesus fucking christ say something about its development.

It's a Team Ico game. Chances are it's a short, subdued game that they don't want to show too much of in order to keep most of the game preserved as a surprise experience.

If the game comes out it's probably going to be good, but I understand why they wouldn't want to show the game, and that reason is why TLG probably won't live up to the years worth of expectations. This, personally, was always a game I could only hype up once I knew when it was coming, not that it existed.

DTofWAC.gif

Huh?
Dramatic, but hopefully false.

mcz117chief

I remember that. Was literally the only time I gave up hope of TLG ever happening, only for Yoshida to come along half an hour later and debunk what Tretton had said.

If the game were to be canceled now then Sony, Fumito Ueda and Shu would totally lose face and their reputation would plummet.

Beefy

I've heard form these two Lithuanian game journalists that SE is in fact going to cancel FFXV!

I heard that they heard that some one heard about hearing what some russian's heard that some ex devs heard it was cancelled. Did you hear about that too or was it just me that heard it?

SJRB

Gold Member
I doubt it somehow, considering how close we are to E3. Someone in the West or in Japan closer to Sony Tokyo would have leaked it by now.

If it is cancelled though, it surely spells the end of Team ICO, which would be a tragedy for Sony.

The tragedy of no longer having to sink endless funds in a dev team that hasn't produced an actual game since 2005.

That would break my heart, but I don't really think that's the case. Not after all the investment they put into this. I was thinking the chance is better than previous years that we might actually see it again.

zeopower6

Why would these random Russians know anything about The Last Guardian when no one aside from Sony employees seem to know?

Yazuka

Would be a shame for those who have waited for the game so long, but I think it would be for the best. Either way even if the game does come out, I'm not buying it.
What interest I had in this title is long gone and I have a difficult time thinking anything could even get me slightly interested in this game again.

mcz117chief

The tragedy of no longer having to sink endless funds in a dev team that hasn't produced an actual game since 2005.

This isn't a 600 member team we are talking about, Team Ico is just a few people so you can hardly call that a money sink.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Though the last guardian is indeed dead, you need to be more careful about which sources you pull from and post on GAF. WorldsFactory and GMbox.Ru don't really qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom