• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The main character of Visceral's Star Wars game, plot and more

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
dude
's head
looks like Brett Dalton

The head, the lean, and the swagger of his walk give it away.

tumblr_n67nyjq9Vk1r6lmn6o2_500.gif

Lime

I hope he's a brown-haired white dude in his 30's shooting jokes while killing stormtroopers and saying 'whooooa' every time he falls down and voiced by Nolan North.

I hope he's a brown-haired white dude in his 30's shooting jokes while killing stormtroopers and saying 'whooooa' every time he falls down and voiced by Nolan North.

I know it's a bit presumptuous, given the little of him we've seen, but that's what it looks like it'll be

Iceternal

Extremely boring context if true.

Why not set it up in the 20 years period between episodes III and IV ?

Or between VI and VII ?

I do admit I'm getting tired of the post-ANH/pre-ESB timeline setting (alongside post-ROTS/pre-ANH) but I still hope the game's good. Kudos for different weapon type focus too, if true.

Edit: I say this as someone who's into other SW media, like Rebels, comics, etc. I'm sure those that aren't, don't much care.

I think the story sounds cool.

Puts you in the chaos of an outbreaking war/rebellion and on a wanted list against a unbeatable foe.

Polish up the edges and you have a great setting for an action adventure game.

More details:

Because the Empire has tightened its grip on the Outer Rim territories, a mid-level crime boss from the Rang Clan sees an opportunity to cozy up to the Empire, which can be advantageous to the Rang. The Rang’s mining operations recently discovered a violaceous gas that has formed where Alderaan used to be. The purple substance can be weaponized and the Rang Clan begins to test it and set up a mining facility with mining ships in the Alderaanian graveyard.

The crime boss and the Tarkin Initiative have a valuable weapon on their hands. The weapon is obscene in that it can be sprayed on an environment and all living creatures in the area are petrified and left as calcified remains like something out of the ruins of Pompeii. The advantage to the weapon is that everything else around it is left perfectly intact. It means the Empire can take anywhere it wants, remove the inhabitants, and not harm valuables and locations they may want for strategic reasons.

There is a beautiful piece of concept art that is absolutely haunting. It shows a Star Destroyer coming towards the camera in a purple mist in an asteroid field. The purple mist is illuminated, showing different shades of purple on the blackness of space. Imagine an ominous storm on the horizon of space and a Star Destroyer and TIE fighters fly out of it but the clouds are dark purple. Words do not do it justice but if the game visually lives up to the concept art, there are going to be some intense cinematics in this game that give the Star Wars films a run for their money.

More: http://makingstarwars.net/2017/06/r...n-to-viscerals-project-ragtag-star-wars-game/

border

Light whip sounds stupid. Not as stupid as helicopter lightsabers, but still dumb.

The superweapon that petrifies all living things could be cool though. I'm sure there will be some cool scenes where you walk through towns and settlements for of statue corpses.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
No love for Lumiya with this crowd? I'll reserve judgement on the whip if and until I see it for myself.

gforguava

No love for Lumiya with this crowd? I'll reserve judgement on the whip if and until I see it for myself.
I would take Lumiya's whip over a lightsaber any day. But, yeah, this game's whip will just be a sci-fi version of a normal whip, it won't be lightsaber like at all.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I would take Lumiya's whip over a lightsaber any day. But, yeah, this game's whip will just be a sci-fi version of a normal whip, it won't be lightsaber like at all.

Yea, I suppose that's to be expected if the character isn't a force-sensitive, they would tear themselves to shreds with a proper lightwhip. Honestly can't say it bothers me all that much, I'm sure the game will be fantastic anyway.

When he decided to run he became wanted by the Empire and basically went into hiding in the seedy underbelly of the galaxy. He learned to be charming and how to talk fast.

So he's Han Solo with a whip?

I mean I guess that's already a proven formula...

LastNac

She always comes off well in interviews and such but I am skeptical since Uncharted 4 was the best one by a mile writing wise largely due to the minimal super natural trash and better dialogue.

That said Star Wars is full of supernatural trash so this shouldn't be an issue here.
Notsureifserious.gif

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
If it is from MSW, then it means it has a 95% chance of being true.

Disappointed in being OT era, was expecting before ANH or after ROTJ.

And calling it now, that Imperial weapon is either based upon or is the same weapon used on the Great Scourge of Malachor

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Serious or not, still a terrible opinion either way.

That Star Destroyer footage a year ago was a fairly big giveaway as to when it takes place.

Already knew that but what I mean is that I would prefer either to be in the 19 year gap between ROTS and ANH or after ROTJ but before the Battle of Jakku.

Gold_Loot

Are we supposed to care what color he is? I'm going to care if it's a good game personally.

Budi

Are we supposed to care what color he is? I'm going to care if it's a good game personally.

There's more to that post than skin color. I think it was describing a generic game protagonist and characters do contribute to quality of a game. Especially in story heavy games, which this seems to be.

Markitron

It's absence at EA's E3's conference has killed my hope that it would be out next year.

prag16

Banned
It's absence at EA's E3's conference has killed my hope that it would be out next year.

Nah, it could still launch late 2018. If they showed anything it probably wouldn't have been a ton more than last year's teaser, and what's the point of that; they wanted to focus on Battlefront 2 right now.

Even more info:
Robie Mattox is a woman in her early thirties that is Dodger’s partner in crime. She’s a gunslinger with an attitude and is one of the only people Dodger can trust, both personally and in a fight. We cannot understate her importance to the series being laid out right now as she’s our other main hero. Supposedly the plan is to have her take center stage in a sequel down the road.
Robie is roped into helping Dodger when he is hired by Jabba the Hutt to kidnap Oona Sable, the daughter of a powerful Rang underboss. She probably knows it is a bad idea but her and Dodger’s friendship puts them in sticky situations and they somehow seem to survive by keeping their wits and sense of humor intact. The banter and friendship between the two is a central part of the heart of the crew that is put together on Dodger’s ship.
more here: http://makingstarwars.net/2017/06/r...eroic-new-partner-in-crime-with-robie-mattox/

Monocle

"Dodger" is a x100 times worse name than Darth Icky or Darth Insanius. Looking forward to the game but hope that shit is a placeholder.
It's really not though. I mean WTF at actually preferring Darthy Icky and Darth Insanius to Dodger. Are you serious?

Honestly, I think the lightwhip sounds fan-fiction-tier. I don't feel as if it fits the Star Wars universe at all. Feels totally incongruous.

Also, assuming it works from the same technology as light sabers, which are limited in use by Force-wielders alone, why is this main character who assumingly isn't a Force wielder able to use one?

Just seems like "let's make up some shit for teh vidya gaemz", as opposed to any real attempt to stay true to the fiction in a believable way.

Markitron

Also, assuming it works from the same technology as light sabers, which are limited in use by Force-wielders alone, why is this main character who assumingly isn't a Force wielder able to use one?

My assumption is that it doesn't actually cut through anything the way a lightsaber would, so it would be fine for a non-Jedi to use.

MilkyJoe

What's this bit mean?

The rest is bang on.

I knew this would go tits up as soon as it was announced.

Markitron

I knew this would go tits up as soon as it was announced.

It hasn't been announced, and how you could label an entire game as having gone tits up based on these small plot details is beyond me.

Glass Rebel

Honestly, I think the lightwhip sounds fan-fiction-tier. I don't feel as if it fits the Star Wars universe at all. Feels totally incongruous.

Just seems like "let's make up some shit for teh vidya gaemz", as opposed to any real attempt to stay true to the fiction in a believable way.

This hasn't been the case since ESB.

jdstorm

Banned

Because the rule of cool still applies. People think lightsabers are cool so everyone gets one. Besides the whole Jedi thing was more about competence rather then ability. Anyone could use a lightsaber, it was just most couldn't use one more effectively then a blaster without being a trained force sensitive.

Markitron

This hasn't been the case since ESB.

I think he means that a lightwhip would be so dangerous to use that only a force user could safely use one, not that a non-force user couldn't physically use it.

Han can slice a Taun-Taun open easily enough but he wouldn't be deflecting a tonne of blaster fire.

???

I imagine a lot of things are beyond you.

It's straightforward enough, there has been no official announcement of the game and it's plot other than a 5 second clip, it doesn't even have a title. Everything here is rumours for now.

And there's no need to be so hostile.

Top Bottom