• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ubisoft revealing new racing IP @ E3 called "The Crew" [U: Likely Ivory Tower]

Pitmonkey

Looks like Ubisoft is entering the next-gen racing arena.

Today, a source confirmed that Ubisoft has been working on an all new racing franchise called "The Crew," being developed by Ubisoft's Reflection's Studio. It's been described to me as a "realistic title, possibly being positioned against Forza and Gran Turismo."

more here.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rumor-ubisoft-revealing-new-racing-ip-called-the-crew-at-e3-2013

Update 1: Looks like this is a collaboration with Reflections and Ivory Tower. Some target renders were posted a couple months back, not verified, but could be an indication of what to expect.

34fcb1071c8302613c9eb779f748c3b1.jpg

More images in the original link.

Please be a Football Manager-esque racing game where you're head of the pit crew and need to manage your racers/cars/contracts

Sethos

Banned
Releasing a game that's supposed to compete against the two biggest racing titles in the industry? Seems a bit ... Daft.

Minions

Good lord... that is a lot of racing games. I have a feeling a lot of genres are gonna get played out very quickly this gen.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Completely unnecessary and the game will probably just be crowded out
Most definitely won't take off like their new ips did this gen

Kazerei

Banned
Aww, I wish they'd work on another arcade style racer instead of a simulation racer. Need for Speed is good, but I'd like to see more competition in the genre. The "shift" mechanic in Driver San Fran was ingenious and worked really well.

Maztorre

Oh good, it won't take long for a AAA publisher to release another game in an already crowded genre that will fail to sell. Now that the used games scapegoat is being addressed we should only have to wait 18 months to hear their new excuse.

Next gen cod will become racing club/crew/team games. Just like kids are now expert in guns and shit soon all kids will be expert in cars and will become E-mechanics. Quick Scope? Drift around this parking structure young bowl.

Top Bottom