• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor (USA): Black 3DS XL, Pokemon 3DS Bundles, Wii U + WW HD bundle, 12GB PS3 $200

I believe this news but Wind Waker bundle better not be gold or anything thing like triforce decals
LLShC.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's probably easier for Nintendo to give away than a brand new game and I think Zelda, port or not, will move more consoles in a bundle than DK.
You know Returns moved way more units than Skyward Sword right?

Ezalc

MOTHERFUCKER. I just bought a Blue XL because NoA was being a bitch about good colors. Fucking hell man.

Drago

Huh, thinking about it I wonder if the Pokemon bundles could be OG systems and not XLs. It isn't explicitly said that they are XLs and NoA has released regular 3DS bundles after the XL released (Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem)

Wouldn't surprise me.

The Lamp

Fuck no. I bought a Red 3DS XL because I was convinced if it wasn't announced at E3 that there wouldn't be a Pokemon 3DS XL bundle. FMLLLL

I hate you Nintendo :( you're so unpredictable

Somnid

Yes, I do.

That doesn't change the fact that I think a Zelda bundle shifts more units than a DK bundle.

Zelda is iconic but doesn't move units which makes it a perfect pack-in. Nintendo makes money on games and the games that will sell the most are Mario and DK so they want you dropping $60 on those.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yes, I do.

That doesn't change the fact that I think a Zelda bundle shifts more units than a DK bundle.
DK bundle worked for the SNES.
Zelda is iconic but doesn't move units which makes it a perfect pack-in. Nintendo makes money on games and the games that will sell the most are Mario and DK so they want you dropping $60 on those.
They should probably focus on moving the console before they worry about people buying games for it. Wind Waker pack in does not attract attention. You don't throw out your old stuff in the face of new consoles.

Toki767

Them having lost billions on the PS3 in around 2006/2007, I imagine they are trying to recoup every last possible cent of that lost money if they can.

They also probably want to make the PS4 seem like it has a lot of value for the price.

That or they weren't impressed enough by most Black Friday sales when the PS3 was $200.

Wind Waker bundle makes sense because it's big enough that a people will go "Oh, now that's a value!" but not so big that Nintendo would miss out on the money from individual sales.

Yep - I think WW HD would probably have the lowest amount of sales of all of Nintendo's big Wii U titles this holiday. You can bundle 3D World with it, but it's more likely that Wii U owners would buy that title additionally than Wind Waker HD.

Frankly, I would probably also expect Nintendo Land to be included as well for a 2 game bundle which makes the Wii U a bit more competitive.

Seriously, why would Sony encourage people to not download things.

a small child could put in a custom hard drive into the ps3 easily with 1 minute of instructions

that said this 12gb ps3 is really for enthusiasts and probably should only be sold on their website or something

solomon

THANK YOU LAWDDDDDD a black 3ds xl I've been waiting months, I was just about to spend the 200$ I put aside for it.

Black 3DS XL? I'm down for that. Although I have a warranty from EB Games that allows me to trade in my 3DS for an XL anytime in the next year. So do I give up my Midnight Purple 3DS for a Black 3DS XL? Or do I keep the better looking one
haters be hatin'
but be stuck with a smaller screen?

Gragh. I might double dip on my XL depending on deals during Black Friday and Christmas.

Or buy myself one and rebox my blue one for my wife. She won't notice. I hope.

harmonize

Looks like it's finally time for me to invest in a Wii U, although I wouldn't repurchase an XL for anything less than the gold Pokemon-themed bundle.

this is very true and a smart way to do it but for Wii U moving the hardware would be best this holiday so putting a hotter game that people would be willing to pay for would have been better

not that a good wind waker art design on the hardware shell would not make me jelly

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How much do you all reckon the Wind Waker bundle would cost?

Top Bottom