• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor | Vanquish and Bayonetta Remasters Coming to Xbox One and PS4 4K

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
bayonetta-ps4.900x.jpg
Microsoft has listed new remasters of Vanquish and Bayonetta on its official store for release on 18th February 2020.

"Remastered for the first time on Xbox One," each game's description reads. "4K graphics at 60FPS available for Xbox One X."
A 10th Anniversary Bundle of the two games together has also been spotted (thanks, All Games Delta).

Publisher Sega is yet to announce either remaster. We're checking now in case there's anything official yet to add.

Kazza

Publisher Sega is yet to announce either remaster.

Seeing Sega's recent penchant for farming out games to other publishers (see Switch's Alien Isolation and Resonance of Fate), it's possible that someone else will be publishing this one. Doesn't make much difference to players, I suppose.

Fbh

Nice.
I played through Vanquish on PC last year and being able to play it at 60fps+ as opposed to the 30 with drops from the original release really makes a difference in such a fast game. Made me wish we get a Sequel at some point.

Life

Well shit. Now even the Ps5 and Xbox Whatever are gonna be plagued by remasters like Nintendo. At a time when innovation is already a problem for gaming, we are gonna now get more of the same - literally.

ESPOMAN

Woo I always wanted to play these but I know the ps3 version is supposed to be really bad for Bayonetta

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Already have Bayo 1 + 2 on Switch, but a Vanquish remaster would have my money. One of Platinum's best games, next to W101.

blackjon24

kinda useless port of Bayonetta if they can't bring the sequels.

How so bayontta 1 is a great standalone game besides this will be the first time you can play this game on consoles at a decent resolution

Last edited:

FranXico

Don't worry there will be light rays covering her but though out the whole game and that move she does that she becomes naked will also be covered with light rays.
All versions will feature lens flare, but the effect will be a bit stronger on the PS4 so that we can rage at Sony for censoring the game and ignore what happens on any other platform.

thelastword

Banned
OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO PAY FOR THE SAME GAME AGAIN WITH A SLIGHT GRAPHICAL AND RESOLUTION INCREASE

Xu4tH9S.gif

Heh... me? I love platinum and nintendo games because I prefer gameplay over graphics. *tips fedora*
WAIT OMG RERELEASES OF A GAMES THAT WILL LOOK SLIGHTLY BETTER I HAVE TO HECKIN BUY THIS!!!
At least it's 60fps.......BC this gen was the same 30fps with dips of old games, with a rez boost...….I imagine there should be some improvements to visuals of these remasters too...
I want Binary Domain next. I was so disappointed it never came to BC.
Yes, proper controller support and TAA would be great....Should be an easy 60fps on consoles.....

thelastword

Banned
This is how I feel about it too. The game is fine and all but if you are a fan of the series why would you want this when you should be playing these games elsewhere already.
There are two Bayonettas released and one Vaquish game, you can play two of these three games at 4k 60fps on the HD consoles, why is that such a bad proposition......If Bayonetta is still a Sega's IP, I'm sure they can meander their way to release B2/3 at some point based on if the sales of these remasters are much better than the sales of the sequels on Nintendo platforms......At the end of the day, it's all about these companies making their money, so we shall see...

Gargus

Banned
I just wish they'd release Bayonetta 3 already.

I wish they stop sucking Nintendo cock and release games on playstation also where they can really shine. I have no interest in buying games for my switch aside from their first party titles.

Area61

Great news if true but how about Vanquish 2 for a change cause most of Gaffers won't be playing Bayonetta 3 thanks to Switch exclusive.

kinda useless port of Bayonetta if they can't bring the sequels.

No thx. I did not enjoy B2 on WiiU. It's just not as fun. Story, music, art, craziness are a step back from the 1st. It's a good game but nowhere as iconic as were Bayonetta.

No matter what Nintendo trolls/fans say and as a Pro owner talking about my personal option to play, I would love to replay Bayonetta in 4k/60fps on Pro or later PS5. It's gonna be a great pack. Well done SEGA. 👍👏

Last edited:

Kazza

I wonder is Bayonetta 2 (and eventually 3) have a timed exclusive clause? Will we ever see these on PC or other consoles? I believe B2 is very playable on the Wii U emulator right now, and the Switch emulator is coming along nicely too, so at least PC folks will be catered for anyhow.

decisions

This is such awesome news.

Two of the best games of last gen, both deserving of a replay. Hopefully this gives Vanquish some more exposure because it always felt a little more under appreciated than Bayo, even though it is IMO the best TPS ever made and mechanically one of the strongest games ever.

Birdo

Banned
Both in one set? Nice.

I was expecting them to be seperate and full price. But this is Sega, not Nintendo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom