• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors said Final Fantasy X is coming in 2026! (PS5+Graphics).

HighPoly

Banned
Well my friends, as we've seen, Final Fantasy 7 Remake surpassed the classic FF7 CGi graphics.
Take a look below.

VIVAzw7.jpg

So, May we expect a FFX Remake with better graphics than FFX PS2 CGi cutscenes??

StereoVsn

If Rebirth isn’t until 2024, we probably will get Remake part 3 in 2026 instead of another remake.
Yep, strongly doubt we will have FFX remake in same year. Never know though and there are rumors of FFIX remake as well.

I would love FFIX remake in that 2.5D engine though.

kiphalfton

Well my friends, as we've seen, Final Fantasy 7 Remake surpassed the classic FF7 CGi graphics.
Take a look below.

VIVAzw7.jpg

So, May we expect a FFX Remake with better graphics than FFX PS2 CGi cutscenes??

Awful comparison... considering PS2 CGI cutscenes for certain game are still impressive to this day (relative to current gen graphics) and PS1 cutscenes stopped looking good 20 years ago.

E-Cat

Take a look below.

VIVAzw7.jpg

No, for a couple reasons:

1. The jump from PS1 to PS2 was greater than the jump from PS4 to PS5.

2. More importantly, the jump from PS1 CG to PS2 CG was like 2-3 generations’ worth of progress. Even FF7 *itself* has two different CG styles in the game bc the tech was advancing so rapidly.

Top Bottom