• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Disney releasing new, alternate version of The Dig on Nov. 30

The Dig is an interesting game. The finished product has some good moments to it, but never meshed with any of the other Lucas stuff that was being released at the time.

I remember reading about the development history and it is FASCINATING, there were grand desires behind The Dig that never really came to fruition, and well..it's one of the B-sides with regards to Lucas' adventure games, or at least, that's the public perception.

If they went back to it, I would be curious enough to check it out. Present the goods Disney, my wallet's ready.

Kasper

I really, really hope this turns out to be true. The Dig is one of my all-time favorites, so playing another version of that base idea would be amazing.

kurahador

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my fav p&c game ever!!

Please be true. Still waiting for Day Of Tentacles here.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Read the book when it came out and loved it, had no idea there was a game until I saw the back insert. Was interested but never played this.

Tizoc

Read the book when it came out and loved it, had no idea there was a game until I saw the back insert. Was interested but never played this.

The game is on Steam and GOG, any laptop/PC should be able to run it just fine. Aussming you haven't played it yet :p

Fuz

Banned
Wasn't it originally supposed to be a movie but would have been to expensive? I'm pretty sure that was the marketing narrative back in the day at least...

It was originally an idea Spielberg had for a TV show/miniseries, but he thought it would be too expensive to make. He then wanted it to become a Lucasarts adventure games because his son was a big fan of them and he played those games with him. He didn't do much work on the project beyond giving them the basic concept though, and I don't know if Spielberg would be willing to go back to that idea again (or if he even really remembers it).

That's one of the reasons that makes me think that.

Top Bottom