• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand theft auto 6 details.

Dunki

One female car jacker (admittedly it was also the only pop culture example that I could think of as I was writing my post). My point still stands: violent female car jacking criminals don't really exist. Look at those police chases that America loves to watch – the driver is invariably always male.
A gta character should be more than this much more.

NickFire

I find this very doubtful. I could see an option to play as either male or female, but not letting the existing user base play as a male would be risking millions upon millions in revenue. Considering how old the game is and where it ranks on sales to this day, and the online component, it wouldn't shock me if they would be risking billions in revenue at this point. Please note this is not a statement that I wouldn't try the game if they went in this direction. Just an opinion that I don't see growth potential for this series by such a move based on how much they are already making.

One female car jacker (admittedly it was also the only pop culture example that I could think of as I was writing my post). My point still stands: violent female car jacking criminals don't really exist. Look at those police chases that America loves to watch – the driver is invariably always male.
It's a video game so it doesn't have to make sense just because female car jackers rarely exists in real life.

White woman, black man. Two leads.

I wonder whether it will be possible to you whore yourself out in the game? Working as a prostitude to earn money?
Maybe you're a lesbian and you can still pick up prostitutes for sweet scissor time.
But I loved those blow scenes in GTA4

Last edited:

Corrik

I highly doubt this is true lol. I am honestly not too interested in revisiting vice city. Would rather see somewhere new like London or something.

If those rumors are true im not sure how i feel about this. 1.I think GTA should always have a male protagonist to choose from,at least 2 characters(male&female). 2. Release date in 2022? Hmm does that mean we're not gonna see ps5 until 2022? Or they would release it for ps5 and miss the huge playerbase of almost 150million+ on both x1/ps4? I hope those rumors are not true and that we're gonna see GTA 6 in 2019/2020 because there's a difference between selling the game for 10mil users vs 150 million.
As long as it backwards compatible they can release it whenever. I am more interestered whether we will get another Skyrim remanster on new consoles

Last edited:

Breakage

A gta character should be more than this much more.
Yes, I agree. But reduced to its basic elements, a GTA protagonist is a violent, car-jacking criminal. I just think the idea of a female lead protagonist in a game like GTA is absurd. With more recent entries, the series has matured and with that maturity has come a growth in realism. It's easy imagine characters like Franklin, Michael or Trevor existing in real life. But it's hard to imagine. for example, a hot blonde intimidating violent street gangs in Miami, and going on car jacking sprees and out running heavily armoured SWAT teams. If this is all realistically possible, then where is the real life evidence? Where are the beautiful women who jack cars and make tattooed street gangsters tremble? It's just absurd and more so in GTA because the series has moved towards realism.

It's a video game so it doesn't have to make sense just because female car jackers rarely exists in real life.
That's the thing though: with more recent GTA games, the series has moved towards characters that are more believable. You can imagine meeting someone like Trevor or Michael in real life. A female protagonist would be a departure from this.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Anyone else tired of rehashed locations? Why can’t they pick something new? If Upbisoft can make Montana interesting certainly Rockstar can come up with a location no one has seen before.

Horns

Didn't watch the video, but am hoping the next GTA makes use of multiple locations. A little like GTA V and North Yankton or San Andreas and Liberty City except the second location is open.

Joe T.

The rumor sounds plausible. GTAV already had multiple playable characters, so if they went that route again the likelihood of a female character being in the mix rises significantly. Two distinct locations have already been done with Los Santos and North Yankton, too, the difference being that they would need to pour a lot more time into fleshing that second area out and that's why the '21-'22 launch makes sense, not to mention the insane amount of money GTA Online is still bringing in.

Can't say I'm placing any real weight behind this rumor, but I would love to see Vice City get the full HD treatment, just so long as they include taxi, police, ambulance and firefighter mini games/side missions as well as the 80's setting.

bosnianpie

Rumours are a little vague to draw some conclusions. Vice City has been a realistic option ever since GTA IV, a female character is always a possibility and not even Rockstar seem to know when they're releasing their games.

Drake

There have been rumors of a female lead in GTA since 5 was in development. Seems pretty risky by Rockstar. My guess is they add character creation in this one.

bufkus

I mean I'd love to see a female lead but I can't imagine that this rumor would possibly be true in the slightest.

There wasn't any need in this case to insult. Just explain your point of view and move on.
Thank god your opinion is, by definition, NOT fact.

Of course it's my opinion and I didn't make it out to be fact. Must I write "that's just my opinion" on every single post I make you idiot?

I'd welcome a return to Vice City, that game was probably one of my favs of the Grand Theft Auto series, atleast top 2. Of course the atmosphere of the 80's, the soundtrack mixed with Ray Liotta's voice acting really contributed to the overall game for me. I just want Rockstar to hurry up and finish Red Dead 2 though.

brap

Banned
I really hope not. We only get a new GTA game every so often so why not make it special instead of Vice City again? Set it in the early 60s and let me kill people while listening to Jan & Dean.

Kadayi

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, however, I'm not adverse to it in truth. I think the three protagonist nature of V worked pretty well so I'd be amazed if they didn't go down that route again. My main concern with any GTA game is the quality of the writing because frankly, I think it's pretty subpar for the most part. Everything is telegraphed, nothing is surprising and nuance never sees the light of day.

camelCase

This is fansite nonsense. I would also hate playing a female lead and I am a woman. But that said I think VC is a lock for the next game, unfortunately because that area is done to death.

bitbydeath

Should go back to London or even better join some Euro countries together.

Amsterdam for the red light district, Venice for large water areas, Germany/Austria for crazy hills/mountains etc

Nardz937

Neo Member
I'm in.

gta6-vice.gif

Last edited:

Zimmy68

2022? If that is true you can thank all the sheep and lemmings that pay them money for GTA:O.
Why develop a game (or single player DLC) when the money pours in from heaven.

KevinKeene

Banned
2022? If that is true you can thank all the sheep and lemmings that pay them money for GTA:O.
Why develop a game (or single player DLC) when the money pours in from heaven.

What are they even doing in GTA online? Just shooting and driving at random?

If those rumors are true im not sure how i feel about this. 1.I think GTA should always have a male protagonist to choose from,at least 2 characters(male&female). 2. Release date in 2022? Hmm does that mean we're not gonna see ps5 until 2022? Or they would release it for ps5 and miss the huge playerbase of almost 150million+ on both x1/ps4?
I hope those rumors are not true and that we're gonna see GTA 6 in 2019/2020 because there's a difference between selling the game for 10mil users vs 150 million.

1. Why?

2. Not supporting current gen will mean they can make a far superior game with far better AI and physics and VR support.

The current gen is hampered by the jaguar laptop cpu that is a decade old design. By targeting a zen cpu they could make a far far better game that all 10 million next gen owners will buy at launch and people will continue to buy along with their next gen console purchase for the next 6 years.

Making a last gen game in 2022 would get killed in the reviews and will sell to far fewer people.

Last edited:

Jarbloko

i preffer the "3 character in one" style. just like gta V.
i hope for a female character... and maybe a corrupt cop can be fun.

KevinKeene

Banned
What? no.

The only requirement is to make the character great, male or female. They would disappoint only if the character sucks.

Nah, I agree with him. A GTA6 with only a female playable protagonist (or a really obnoxuous feminist character as part of a team) would be the most effective way to kill the GTA brand. That's not misogynistic, it's just what the franchise has cultivated in terms of expectations over the past 20 years.

Personally, I think GTA is the ultimate male power fantasy, which is okay.

Like how GTA5 got killed?

Gta5 was not a last gen game when it was first released

It released first on 360/PS3.
Yes that was my point.

Both GTA4 and GTA5 released on 360/PS3 before the current gen even started. They were never released on the PS2 despite the PS2s massive user base when GTA4 came out. Despite this, both sold like crazy and received stellar reviews which would not have been the case if GTA5 or GTA4 were instead built for last gen consoles at the time (PS2 GC etc)

The one on the PS4 came much later and is just a port.

The jaguar cpu is too weak to make a significantly better GTA with better AI and physics.

They would be better off building GTA6 for the next gen consoles (PS5 and XB2) only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom