• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: GTA 5 Xbox One, PS4 And PC 'Delayed Until 2015'

Not sure why emphasis is being put on the lack of showing at Sony's press event. Sony's press event was about new titles, they didn't give updates on existing titles except for some trailers at the start before anyone had event walked on stage.

Also if there was so much chatter going around then surely someone else would have ran a story about it by now, 2 weeks after the show.

RoKKeR

Considering we've literally seen one trailer and nothing else on the game... I'd be surprised if it did end up coming out this year.

nooooo, now was the time!!

2015 is completely filled and all games seem great so far.

2015, one year that is worth like 3 years gaming.

Yudoken

It's harder for them to port the game on a pc than on a console.
That's like saying it's harder to drive a car than flying a plane.
C'mon, Rockstar, don't fuck this up like Red dead Redemption.
I've played the game but I need my pc fix with modding and ultra graphics.

cripterion

Does Rockstar have a tendency of bringing their games (be it behind closed doors or not) to Gamescom? They don't even do E3...

Zeth

Saw this coming months ago - sucks if true - but doesn't surprise me considering the developer's history with QA.

Regarding OP video: everyone should buy One Finger Death Punch. It's digital crack. Might tide you over until 2015!

Prologue

They still can't get those Online Heists done I see. :p

Really shady that its not out yet. And now a possible delay on a remasters game? Whats going on with R* lately?

As harsh as it may sound, GTA online for old gen was just a beta. Do you see how long those patch notes are for each update?

woen

So everyone just say "Delay 2015" and it becomes true for gaf, despite Rockstar PR still pushing the "FALL 2014" release date and the lack of any proof other than "We didn't see anything since E3"

Meh

I'm really surprised by this (if true). I thought this was mainly going to be a literal up-res with a few new textures, character models and increased ped/traffic. Considering the lack of holiday releases, Q4 2014 made so much sense. Now it would have to compete with the 2015 onslaught.

antitrop

The guy in the video gives me no reason to think the game has been delayed. Worthless BS. Guy just wants hits on his YT channel.

The game will probably be delayed, anyway, though, because this is Rockstar.

Lionheart

The rumor doesn't sound very well-founded. 'Chatter'? Do they mean just speculation by other press members based on the fact that it wasn't at the show floor?

They're not even mentioning inside sources or anything.

Rockstar has shown before that they can be very quiet until shortly before release when they'll open the flood gates.

Could still be delayed, but I dont really feel like this is anything more than speculation that has already been on here as well by many posters, which is all based on the fact that Rockstar is quiet.

antitrop

The rumor doesn't sound very well-founded. 'Chatter'? Do they mean just speculation by other press members based on the fact that it wasn't at the show floor?

They're not even mentioning inside sources or anything.

Rockstar has shown before that they can be very quiet until shortly before release when they'll open the flood gates.

Could still be delayed, but I dont really feel like this is anything more than speculation that has already been on here as well by many posters, which is all based on the fact that Rockstar is quiet.

Yeah, lol, the video is such bullshit.

Guessing that a GTA game might be delayed doesn't exactly make you Einstein, and showing the game to retailers instead of journalists doesn't lead me to believe the game is getting delayed, it just makes me think he's kinda bitter he didn't get to see GTA V Next-Gen at Gamescom and wanted to make a video for attention.

There's such a naturally high chance of the game being delayed, anyway, that he can get away with it, though.

Pachimari

I would love if it is delayed until 2015. There's too many games this fall for me, to name a few, FIFA 15, PES 2015 and Super Smash Bros.

Fine with me.

GTA4 was a buggy mess on the PC when it first launched - I'd rather they take their time and polish the game for all platforms.

There is nothing more frustrating than glitchy, bugged-out GTA missions.

Herne

I would love if it is delayed until 2015. There's too many games this fall for me, to name a few, FIFA 15, PES 2015 and Super Smash Bros.

Why? Why not just get those games and then get GTA V when you're ready to? I don't see why you would hope for a delayed release when there's no pressure on you to pick it up immediately, especially when others, such as pc gamers, have been waiting for it.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was true. It's telling that they haven't even given us a date yet.

Personally I don't care. I'm kind of dreading playing through the story again anyway. I'm really just getting it for the world and side stuff (most of which requires story progression to access.)

KevinG

I want this, but I honestly don't think I would have the time to play it this Fall. If a delay makes a better game, that's okay with me.

Yoda

Err this is rather disappointing. Other than Civ:BE I don't have any games to look forward to this year.

Buburibon

This is bad news. If they delay dragon age 3 I will cry

It was already slightly delayed, was it not? I too would cry if DA:I is pushed to 2015.

Now, I don't personally care about a GTA5 delay since it was never a priority for me, but I hope it isn't true for the sake of others who eagerly anticipated playing it this fall.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
We could've just skipped 2014 altogether, as far as gaming goes.

I am never going to understand why people think this. You don't like gaming? There are SO many great games coming out this year already.

I am going to be on my Xbox One most of the time this year, and I can already think of 4 games that I am definitely getting Destiny, Halo, Sunset Overdrive and Forza

I have never been this excited for any holiday season in a long long time.

Grief.exe

Until there is an official announcement, I won't believe these rumors perpuated solely by Rockstar's silence.

2K reported GTAV's release on their latest quarterly report, while at the same time disclosing the Evolve delay. Something,like GTAV will be a massive swing for their quarterly projections.

Tigress

I am never going to understand why people think this. You don't like gaming? There are SO many great games coming out this year already.

I am going to be on my Xbox One most of the time this year, and I can already think of 4 games that I am definitely getting Destiny, Halo, Sunset Overdrive and Forza

I have never been this excited for any holiday season in a long long time.

No, i hate it.

Didn't like many games this year, glad for you.

I'm with UrbanRats. This year has sucked for games. Aside from Vita games all the games I've been looking forward to have been delayed til next year. And there weren't many to begin with... wait, there was all of one before GTA V and TLOU was announced for PS4. And both of those are games I played already.

Vita got two games I was interested in and one of them I hear is a disappointment :( (Freedom Wars). Enough so I might actually hold off on buying it. The other was controversial on whether you thought it was a disappointment or not (it doesn't run well and some people couldn't tolerate it. I still found it fun honestly).

Oh, and I even tried Destiny out, it seemed fun at first but I got bored with it super quick (I didn't even care to play the beta at the end of the beta period and it was only like a 4-5 day period)).

To be fair my big preference is towards RPGs and I think most pepole who prefer those would say this year wasn't great for that (and I refuse to buy EA games so Dragon Age is right out. Only EA game that makes me wish I didn't have issues with EA).

So yeah, I agree with him, we could have skipped 2014 when it comes to gaming. I am all for that, 2015 at least is looking good with Witcher 3 and No Man's Sky.

dex3108

Yeah Rockstar is so big today that they can ignore this "bad" rumors/marketing etc. They simply don't care. Game will be released when they want, release date will be announced when they want. So yeah every conversation about next-gen GTA V is useless.

Top Bottom