• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: New Xbox Experience delayed to December

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
30 days before Windows 10 launched people were expecting Microsoft to postpone. Never underestimate what they can get done, they probably have everything fixed already and just have to bring it all together.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Don't worry Zhuge, I got you:

oVyeGG1.png

As you can see, my startup's logo is in the very early stages. You can also notice that Paint doesn't have a spell checker.

ryan299

While I don't believe that report, I wouldn't be shocked if MS delayed it. Its a mess right now. Has me worried with Halo coming. I hope it's more stable by then.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I dunno.

I was thinking more pie chart.

JSQ0LJe.jpg

Of course a pie chart is more suited given the one variable. I have been looking at portfolio theory curve graphs all day -_-
By the way, I wasn't mocking your graphs or anything.

watership

Just because the preview code currently released has issues doesn't mean the various newer versions in internal testing aren't much farther along. Also the article was really poorly written, very odd that people took it at face value.

Yoday

Yea, the people that are saying "it doesn't feel ready yet", "it needs months of work not weeks" aren't realizing that the internal builds are several builds ahead of the public ones. There's only been one build this week for preview members, I imagine there's been at least 3-5 internal builds in that same time frame.
I have no doubt it will be ready by their November schedule.
Indeed. They probably just got tired of pushing builds that only fix a few issues while creating more. Im expecting a much more stable build the next time they push one out.

Can confirm, lots of lag, freezing and issues here having just got into the NXE and messing with Rock Band 4. It certainly isn't ready for prime time.

The last build is a total disaster, the previous one wasn't bad. I won't be shocked if it slips to December, but whenever it does ship it's going to be totally badass. The preview is cementing Xbox as my choice for multiplayer games which I really didn't think would happen.

dLMN8R

It's *almost* like people don't understand that a massive number of bugs can be fixed in a month once the devs are done adding new features and can instead just focus exclusively on fixing bugs, easily putting the dashboard in great shape by the time it's scheduled to ship in November.

Almost!

Looks like the beta test is doing its job.

I can wait. I've been tempted by invites but I'm not a big beta person when it comes to an OS.

I had destiny crashed on me 3 times since I got the update. But beside that it's pretty smooth.

This. I really want to know what factors decide when it misbehaves. I have had it for many days and have only had 2 issues so far. its been very fast & consistent outside of those very brief hiccups yet I see countless posts in the main topic about how nightmarish it is. I cant simply be "lucky" since so many are having issues with it. Could it really be a simple thing of where you are located? seems silly if so.

They should definitely delay it, unless they have some special magic tricks to fix everything about this annoying dashboard in a months time.
Special trick? No just a big team, plus the beta test audience is not on the latest build so will doubtless see already fixed bugs

It's *almost* like people don't understand that a massive number of bugs can be fixed in a month once the devs are done adding new features and can instead just focus exclusively on fixing bugs, easily putting the dashboard in great shape by the time it's scheduled to ship in November.

Almost!
But someone wrote an article without a source!

Top Bottom