• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Sony Santa Monica working on a big PSVR-title; could be revealed soon

Turkoop

Banned
An unnamed SSM representative told that to VR Focus

“[Sony] Santa Monica are working on something big. It’s a full-blown 2nd wave title for [PlayStation VR]. It’ll be revealed soon and I know it’ll go well with the core PlayStation audience, but I can’t say any more than that!”
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/05/sony-santa-monica-working-on-2nd-wave-playstation-vr-title/

And always, take this with a huge grain of salt. But I can imagine that SSM is working on a VR-title. Studio is very big.

DKHF

Decently sized VR games from the major first party studios are what could interest me in PSVR so I'm interested to see what this is.

Mokubba

2nd wave!

I haven't finished everything I want from the first wave but sounds good.

It's also nice to hear of internal studios working on VR too.

playing as kratos in VR with the ladies via QTE?

me like..

All jokes aside, Sony Santa Monica is one of their biggest studios and supported alot of other games (including Journey) so all bets are off.

If true
SM
Manchester
London studios
Media modicule
PD(separate Gt mode)
Sony Japan(in collaboration)

Are working on something for psvr. Exciting

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Mathieran

Banned
Sounds exciting. Love my psvr although with all the ace games coming out lately I haven't been using it much. Hope it turns out well.

Calm Mind

Adding VR to any E3 rumor is insta-kill on any hype regardless of the developers pedigree. The market has already decided it's fate.

Joystick

If true
SM
Manchester
London studios
Media modicule
PD(separate Gt mode)
Sony Japan(in collaboration)

Are working on something for psvr. Exciting

If by "SM" you mean SSM then you can add one to the list:

SM - San Mateo, a new Sony studio set up for PS VR

I guess it's possible that this rumour is, in fact, about San Mateo and they got their SM's mixed up.

Joystick

Adding VR to any E3 rumor is insta-kill on any hype regardless of the developers pedigree. The market has already decided it's fate.

Bzzzt. Next!

Entitled to your opinion of course but PS VR games are coming left right and centre and hopefully sales are following suit. Only Sony knows and they're investing hard in PS VR.

Makes sense.

They where one of the first Sony studios to be messing around in VR.

I think a test of GoW3 in VR was one of the first things shown as proof of concept when Morpheus was revealed.

kyser73

What, you mean selling nearly $400mn (915k at end January) worth of expensive niche peripheral in 3 months is the market deciding VR's fate?

First party working on a VR game?

I'll believe it when I see it.

It just gets better.

If by "SM" you mean SSM then you can add one to the list:

SM - San Mateo, a new Sony studio set up for PS VR

I guess it's possible that this rumour is, in fact, about San Mateo and they got their SM's mixed up.

Isn't the team within San Mateo called Pixelopus?

FelipeMGM

Isn't the team within San Mateo called Pixelopus?

Yup. I feel like they're on vr too but cannot confirm left them off the list

Entwined was what 3 years ago? They should be ready soon

They are the only known established team there I think, but Sony has been hiring developers for that San Mateo Studio in general, including VR positions so maybe they are building other teams there

They (SIE San Mateo) are listed as collaborators for Farpoint and Spider-Man too

They are the only known established team there I think, but Sony has been hiring developers for that studio, including VR positions.

They are listed as collaborators for Farpoint and Spider-Man too
Had no idea they were on farpoint. Yea I bet they're doing a vr title. Can't wait

Second wave? Umm, what second wave? Could someone explain? Is Sony improving PSVR firmware in some way, or raising production, or releasing loads of software for it at once, or what?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
They are the only known established team there I think, but Sony has been hiring developers for that studio, including VR positions.

They are listed as collaborators for Farpoint and Spider-Man too

The press quote says San Mateo Studio for Spider-Man and Far Point.

Top Bottom