• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 [OT] No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
ga9BpvC.png

MEET THE QUEENS

CaMWyKbW0AAR7A8.jpg
CaMaNE1WAAAp5xG.jpg

CaMX6VEWIAQnVv0.jpg
CaMZDTeWcAA3Thc.jpg

CaMbVbbWkAAXB-I.jpg
CaMdqXvWwAIlmW-.jpg

CaMeyYbWkAAipK-.jpg
CaMf7Q3UsAAC5Zb.jpg

CaMiNP-UYAAC-RS.jpg
CaMjZj7WIAAIHYi.jpg

CaMhE7dUYAEF93n.jpg
CaMcjplUsAIpoVS.jpg

All artwork shamelessly stolen
which is why two pictures are bigger

WHERE TO WATCH
The show is broadcast on Logo, Mondays 8/7c
To catch up full episodes will be uploaded on Logotv.com though you will need a cable subscription to watch. Works Perfectly! Just make sure you're set to USA
Untucked is back! In the same format as last years show, episodes of untucked will be uploaded to WowPresents' youtube channel and also available on itunes the morning after the show premiers.

Drag Essentials
Season 8 Trailer
100 Queens Trailer
Meet the Queens
Season 8 Drag Race Wiki
Drag Race Reddit
Previous Thread

EPISODES
Episode 1 - Keepin' It 100!
Untucked Episode 1
Episode 1 Pit Stop - Detox
Episode 1 Watcha Packin'
--
Episode 2 - B*tch Perfect
Untucked Episode 2
Pit Stop Episode 2 - Trixie Mattel
--
Episode 3 - Ruco's Empire
Untucked - Episode 3
Pit Stop Episode 3 - Ginger Minj
Watcha Packin Episode 3
--
Episode 4 - New Wave Queens
Episode 4 Untucked
Episode 4 - Pit stop w/ Delta Work
juuCcyx.gif

None of the Queens are really doing it for me so far, but excited for a new season. I'm sure some will turn it out more as the season kicks in.

B-Dex

The tag line should have been Yeti that walk. It'll make sense after the premiere tonight.

I'm actually really digging most of the queens this year. Except for Britney Jean. Basic TBH.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm feeling Bob and Kim Chi
other than that I'm not sure

Foffy

Banned
Paging adam. :p

I don't know where to really get back into this series. Should I just skip Season 7 and get into 8? I stopped after that Glamazon Airlines episode, not feeling it after how great Season 6 was.

mantidor

I don't know where to really get back into this series. Should I just skip Season 7 and get into 8? I stopped after that Glamazon Airlines episode, not feeling it after how great Season 6 was.

Besides Katya and some sick looks from Violet I feel you can be safe about skipping season 7.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Season 7 was garbage so yeahhhh skip it.

Poor season 7.
It had some really awesome queens imo (I still follow a good amount of them) with an unwelcomed number of sucky challenges that mainly focused on some form of "comedy"...
I mean, you've got a season with like 3 or 4 beautiful sickening fashion-focused queens and you waste them on a whole bunch of poorly written sketches and team challenges???
UGH...

Wilsongt

Sad that it was the closest competition in the past few seasons. Aside from Katya and Violet I could pass on the rest.

Ginger and kennedy were good. Jaidynn was amazing with a great personality. Fame was quirky. Trixie had her own brand of humor that, when paired with Katya, is magical. Violet did okay in the challenges, but her biggest strength was the runway. She reminded me of Tyra, all style with no substance. Pearl was most famous for being a hot boy(debatable) and Pearl Face.

Jasmine, Kandy Who, and Max just sort of fell to the wayside.

Ginger and kennedy were good. Jaidynn was amazing with a great personality. Fame was quirky. Trixie had her own brand of humor that, when paired with Katya, is magical. Violet did okay in the challenges, but her biggest strength was the runway. She reminded me of Tyra, all style with no substance. Pearl was most famous for being a hot boy(debatable) and Pearl Face.

I thought Mrs. Kasha Davis had a fun personality as well, if a little one-note.

Matt_

God I hated trixie
saw a picture of Chad with trixie style make up
I wept

disco

As someone living in the UK, I have no idea what '8/7c' means.

How many hours until the first episode airs?

Raxus

Ginger's saltiness really turned me off to her but villain edit and all that. Kennedy off the show definitely has talent and dem' moves but man I can't get over the chicken dress.

LOL at Kandy Who. Overall I would agree the challenges sunk the season more than the queens.

Around 5 hours from now. Though the ad gif advertises it at 9 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

disco

Ginger's saltiness really turned me off to her but villain edit and all that. Kennedy off the show definitely has talent and dem' moves but man I can't get over the chicken dress.

LOL at Kandy Who. Overall I would agree the challenges sunk the season more than the queens.

Around 5 hours from now. Though the ad gif advertises it at 9 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks!

Matt_

9 EST so 2 in the morning here in the uk
afaik its not being broadcast here. Season 7 has only just started (is starting?) on tru tv so it will take a while to come

Suerte

9 EST so 2 in the morning here in the uk
afaik its not being broadcast here. Season 7 has only just started (is starting?) on tru tv so it will take a while to come

Apparently it'll be available in the UK via hayu, a new reality TV streaming site, on the "same day" as the US - so I assume that means Tuesdays here.

There's a 30 day free trial so I'm going to have a look tomorrow and I'll confirm if season 8 is definitely on there! :)

Wilsongt

Nope.
Max was fierce and got robbed, she had a lot of potential. Milk's busted butt should have been sent packin' before she embarrassed herself with that boy-Ru cosplay stunt she pulled.

Max was too one-note. She got the same Milk edit. Michelle asked for somethin different, and as soon as they offered it they got the boot. Snatch game did them both in.

Max was too one-note. She got the same Milk edit. Michelle asked for somethin different, and as soon as they offered it they got the boot. Snatch game did them both in.

Bah, tons of queens were "one-note" (in both aesthetics and performance) and made top 3.
Also, Max still had way more potential and was much more put together than Milk (who was basically booger queen trade all the way up to her elimination) could ever dream of being.

:p

Shizuka

I don't think we can judge the queens from RPDR based on the reality show, we can only judge the edits given to them by the editors.

Wilsongt

I don't think we can judge the queens from RPDR based on the reality show, we can only judge the edits given to them by the editors.

Max has been quiet post DR. While people like Katya and Jaidynn have worked to raise their popularity.

Shizuka

Max has been quiet post DR. While people like Katya and Jaidynn have worked to raise their popularity.

I heard she got quiet because up to a year after a queen's season, World of Wonders gets a slice of everything that queen makes. Or so I've heard. There's also a NDA that the queen can't open her mouth about certain aspects of the program.

Wilsongt

I heard she got quiet because up to a year after a queen's season, World of Wonders gets a slice of everything that queen makes. Or so I've heard. There's also a NDA that the queen can't open her mouth about certain aspects of the program.

Which ia funny becauae so much T has been spilled during past seasons my carpet is stained.

Monocle

God I hated trixie
saw a picture of Chad with trixie style make up
I wept
Her clown makeup disgusts me. At least she's witty, I guess.

Bah, tons of queens were "one-note" (in both aesthetics and performance) and made top 3.
Also, Max still had way more potential and was much more put together than Milk (who was basically booger queen trade all the way up to her elimination) could ever dream of being.

:p
Yeah, they did Max dirty. Her aesthetic was on point. I would have liked to see a lot more of her.

In the spirit of the (new) season, I've been finishing up my ranking of the 88 queens and I'll aim to post it here when I'm done. Yay slow work day <3

mantidor

Poor season 7.
It had some really awesome queens imo (I still follow a good amount of them) with an unwelcomed number of sucky challenges that mainly focused on some form of "comedy"...
I mean, you've got a season with like 3 or 4 beautiful sickening fashion-focused queens and you waste them on a whole bunch of poorly written sketches and team challenges???
UGH...

uugghh this was insufferable.

I mean we got freaking John Waters as a judge and they still managed to make a really trite "musical" challenge, in which they weren't even able to come up with their own lyrics? like what the hell? a complete mess.

Shablamgela. Based this on well-roundedness including performance on the show, work ethic, performances off the show, star quality, impact and influence, etc.

1 Alaska
2 Raja
3 Bianca Del Rio
4 Willam
5 Sharon Needles
6 Katya
7 Jinkx Monsoon
8 Raven
9 Courtney Act
10 Detox
11 Alyssa Edwards
12 Latrice Royale
13 Shangela Laquifa Wadley
14 Chad Michaels
15 BenDeLaCreme
16 Violet Chachki
17 Nina Flowers
18 Manila Luzon
19 Morgan McMichaels
20 Trixie Mattel
21 Ginger Minj
22 Phi Phi O'Hara
23 Roxxxy Andrews
24 Jujubee
25 Yara Sofia
26 Adore Delano
27 Kennedy Davenport
28 Milk
29 Laganja Estranja
30 Darienne Lake
31 April Carrión
32 Trinity K. Bonet
33 Ivy Winters
34 Delta Work
35 Lineysha Sparx
36 Jessica Wild
37 Ongina
38 Shannel
39 Tammie Brown
40 Mimi Imfurst
41 BeBe Zahara Benet
42 Vivacious
43 Miss Fame
44 Kenya Michaels
45 Tatianna
46 Tyra Sanchez
47 Pearl
48 Mariah
49 Jaidynn Diore Fierce
50 Coco Montrese
51 Alexis Mateo
52 Milan
53 Kelly Mantle
54 Kandy Ho
55 Carmen Carrera
56 Gia Gunn
57 Max
58 Jiggly Caliente
59 Stacy Layne Matthews
60 Vivienne Pinay
61 Jasmine Masters
62 Jade Jolie
63 Dida Ritz
64 Lashauwn Beyond
65 Sonique
66 Mrs. Kasha Davis
67 The Princess
68 Joslyn Fox
69 Honey Mahogany
70 Serena ChaCha
71 India Ferrah
72 Victoria "Porkchop" Parker
73 Pandora Boxx
74 Mystique Summers Madison
75 Madame LaQueer
76 Sahara Davenport
77 Tempest DuJour
78 Magnolia Crawford
79 Rebecca Glasscock
80 Nicole Paige Brooks
81 Sasha Belle
82 Jade
83 Monica Beverly Hillz
84 Phoenix
85 Penny Tration
86 Akashia
87 Alisa Summers
88 Venus D-Lite

I can't competely hate on Season 7 cause it gave us Katya, along with handful of other notable Queens. But, good lord 8 better be a return to form.

I understand what Trixie is doing with her make-up but I don't think she would lose that by blending a little bit, she could still achieve that look but it could communicate better imo. Whenever I see her I always think she's 65% of what she could be.

Matt_

Shablamgela. Based this on well-roundedness including performance on the show, work ethic, performances off the show, star quality, impact and influence, etc.

A very agreeable top 19
20-30 has some horrors

surprised to see pearl and gia so low

Subbed! Hopefully Logo is finally in HD on Comcast. That 720p shit is annoying af now. But I'm so hype!! All the new ladies don't strike me as daring but I guess I'll see how it fleshes out during the season. I'm unfortunately not familiar with the new crew.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm seeing Alaska this Friday for a meet and greet in STL. I'm already hyperventilating.

Shizuka

I'm seeing Alaska this Friday for a meet and greet in STL. I'm already hyperventilating.

I'll see her in two weeks, it'll be my first drag concert. I'm glad I'm not going alone, I'll need someone to keep me grounded during the show.

Gradon

I've seen Willam, Alaska, Courtney (AAA), Adore and Katya & Trixie (met these two too; hilarious and incredibly kind! too kind!) and I can't get enough of the show and the girls. Will hopefully be seeing Bob and Laila later in the year! I'm really excited for this season (so much more than Season 7... :-( so will be watching it tomorrow when I wake up.

Rayis

I can't co-sign this hate for season 7, Violet is arguably one of the best look queens this show has ever given us, up there with Raja, and Katya is one of the most charismatic queens ever, the challenges were the thing that made it suck mostly.

it also has a soft spot in my heart cuz it was the first season I followed right as it was airing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom