• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryder Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

brerwolfe

The PGA of America just released this statement:

"We are encouraging all spectators on Sunday to be passionate and support their team in a way that is respectful to those around them, the players, and the Ryder Cup. Our security staff will continue to enforce a zero tolerance policy, removing from the course any fans who are disruptive in any way, including the use of vulgar or profane language directed at the players.

We look forward to a strong finish today that reflects the spirit of the Ryder Cup and provides a positive experience for all."

Hopefully they're more aggressive in throwing out the dipshits.

In general, the fans have been pretty good. There have been WAY worse Ryder Cup crowds in recent times.

McIlroy vs Reed teeing off shortly! USA heavy favourites to lift the cup, but Day 3 of this competition can be crazy. Hopefully it is!

BJK

I haven't edited any of my photos from today, just these two. The second shot was taken prior to the Mcilroy/Pieters group coming to 16.

2016 Ryder Cup - Saturday Four-ball Starts by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Ryder Cup - 16th Hole Panoramic by brerwolfe, on Flickr

Little bit of camera envy, because if I go to the 2020 cup....they don't even allow spectators to use a camera-phone. (I assume the PGA of America runs this event identically to the PGA Championship I went to last year, at least with respect to carry-ins.)

Beautiful photos from the event on your Flickr.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh man if the US blows this again in the exact same way...

painey

KLiaH0N.jpg

"lol ur gay"

Christ.

brerwolfe

Little bit of camera envy, because if I go to the 2020 cup....they don't even allow spectators to use a camera-phone. (I assume the PGA of America runs this event identically to the PGA Championship I went to last year, at least with respect to carry-ins.)

Beautiful photos from the event on your Flickr.
Thank you! PGA of America are letting fans take photos with their phone (because they honestly can't stop 50k people), but they ask that no photos are taken once a player pulls a club.

I followed the McIlroy group for a couple holes then jumped to Spieth. Waiting for Holmes on 6 green now. The worst I've heard yelled today was "JORDAN MY WIFE THINKS YOU'RE HOT", so that's better.

At Hazeltine. First PGA event and Minneapolis native. Been chilling at 8 for an hour just pounding drinks with a buddy. Have a great vantage point. Got the tix through work and quit last Friday. Can't get into the corp tent but I'll live.

#drukandlovinggolf

[edit] I have been cheering every Euro bad shot. Fuck the haters. We root for the home team here.

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

BJK

Patrick Reed getting at least a half-point off Rory is huge for the American team; hoping he can get the full point against the Euros emotional leader (and best player).

Ian

That match was always going to be tight. Reed has been playing brilliantly for the whole weekend.

Mascot

USA are going to win this at a canter but I take solace in the fact that their fucking awful uniforms will be forever immortalised on film for us all to laugh at whenever we are feeling low.

Plus: fuck the drunken redneck Trumpites and their insulting shouts at critical moments. It's one of the things that this tournament will be remembered for and the vast majority of genuine US fans must be absolutely mortified.

Beefy

gg US gaf, you just had such a stronger squad. Clarke fucked up with his choices.

You haven't won in a bit so I have no problem with you winning it (despite the abusive idiots in the crowds).

We will take it back in Paris though. ;)

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Just looked at Keegan Bradley. He fell off a cliff, now 120th in the world.

Keegan would probably pay 200K a year to be able to use that belly putter again. Same with Webb Simpson.

And the USA ends 18 years of hurt!

Congratulations, a great team performance and very well deserved!

Let's see if you can defend it in and amongst the Frenchies... ;)

Fair do's, some of the EU players who went out later in the day shit the bed (looking at you Willett).

Well done USA, you deserve it. Save for a couple of stand outs this Europe team performance was decidedly underwhelming.

dealer-

Fair do's, some of the EU players who went out later in the day shit the bed (looking at you Willett).

Well done USA, you deserve it. Save for a couple of stand outs this Europe team performance was decidedly underwhelming.

Yeah he was woeful. Crazy that his own brother sabotaged his Ryder Cup experience. He should have been leading the pack with McIlroy as Masters champion but was nowhere to be seen all week.

Deserved win for the US, only half the Europe team showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom