• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dcmk7

Banned

This just makes NO sense. A random nobody studio out of nowhere with a... questionable output at best is releasing a PS5 exclusive with the full backing of Sony and SEVEN studios for outsourced support?

What the hell kind of nobody indie studio has the support of seven studios?

More than 7!

SaucyJack

I'm just about ready to believe this now..

..what kind of nobody studio suddenly gets a dedicated app, for image and gameplay reveals.

I'm assuming they haven't been on a hiring drive, since no one seems to exist.

As well as the Joy Division artwork.

All super weird. Weird normally leads to Kojima.

Tbh the only thing I’m not willing to believe is that this is just some shit-tier no name dev taking the piss.

Everything about Hasan Kahraman and Blue Box Game Studios is just a series of dead ends. I've even checked the Dutch company registry, no meaningful details, no financial statements, just a shell. Just like the guy's LinkedIn profile, you have make a real effort to be as unconnected as he is.

The VR Kickstarter raised buttons, 8 backers €150, how long was it live for? The effort in the pitch is disproportionate to that outcome, and is chock full of Kojima references.

There is something in it, what I don’t know. I guess we’ll find out next week.

Been fun though.

GHG

Gold Member
zqBORxE.jpg

Googled God's Town and Silent Hill and this is what I got.

To add to that, I think it's been mentioned the name of the game could be "Sigil"?

The definition of Sigil:

an inscribed or painted symbol considered to have magical power.
  • ARCHAIC
    a seal.
    "the supply wains bore the High King's sigil"
  • LITERARY
    a sign or symbol.
If you Google "Silent Hill sigil" you get the following:

haloofthesun.png

"The Halo of the Sun is an important recurring image throughout the Silent Hill series. It is the signature symbol of the Order, the religious group behind much of the inexplicable nature of Silent Hill, and it represents the aspects of God."

and:

"James Sunderland in Silent Hill 2 mentions that the old gods of the town have not left the place and they still grant power to those who venerate them. It is unclear if he is including the Order's central deity as well."

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
Tbh the only thing I’m not willing to believe is that this is just some shit-tier no name dev taking the piss.

Everything about Hasan Kahraman and Blue Box Game Studios is just a series of dead ends. I've even checked the Dutch company registry, no meaningful details, no financial statements, just a shell. Just like the guy's LinkedIn profile, you have make a real effort to be as unconnected as he is.

The VR Kickstarter raised buttons, 8 backers €150, how long was it live for? The effort in the pitch is disproportionate to that outcome, and is chock full of Kojima references.

There is something in it, what I don’t know. I guess we’ll find out next week.

Been fun though.
All really good points.

Certainly has me interested in knowing what's going on with this.

Only thing that has me doubt it's Kojima, right now, is I can't imagine he would touch the Unreal engine.

MastaKiiLA

Did you even see the video ? At one point it was about the same speed of a power point presentation .
Maybe 240p upscaled to 4k

would probably explain why the image is all white and black... colors are gone from stretching the image
Good thing it wasn't final code.

Javthusiast

Banned
All really good points.

Only thing that has me doubt it's Kojima, right now, is I can't imagine he would touch the Unreal engine.

Since their twitter mentioned that the Abandoned teaser was specifically created for the reveal of the title and has shown zero actual footage from the game it could really be just that running on Unreal. xD

dcmk7

Banned

ABnormal

Well, why not? UE it's better for interiors than Decima, especially on lighting. There could be several reasons for that. Timed excusive is another possible one.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
What's with the odd capital We?
One of 3 things:

1. Mistake - but how can this be with all the 8th dimensional chess being played

2. Referring to the 7+ other studios working on the game right now!

3. Royal we, meaning God and I. I'm this case it is probably Kojima and I.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
All really good points.

THIS!

But what if you're wrong...........?
If the people who think it's all built up hype from a troll to a mid tier horror game are wrong, we'll be excited to be wrong about a new silent hill. If the people who think its a silent hill game by looking for connections are wrong they'll be disappointed in the time they wasted AND the fact it's not silent hill. Better to keep expectations low.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
All really good points.

But he was messing around with the UE after leaving Konami and before deciding on Decima.

The original Death Stranding reveal with Norman Reedus was done in the UE, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
It's obvious guys, Kojumbo build the teaser on a cool december afternoon in Unreal Engine, while his team was working on the game with Decima. #Believe.

kyliethicc

But he was messing around with the UE after leaving Konami and before deciding on Decima.

The original Death Stranding reveal with Norman Reedus was done in the UE, if I remember correctly.
The E3 reveal? That was using Sucker Punch's engine. He was gonna use that or Guerrilla's.

MastaKiiLA

If the people who think it's all built up hype from a troll to a mid tier horror game are wrong, we'll be excited to be wrong about a new silent hill. If the people who think its a silent hill game by looking for connections are wrong they'll be disappointed in the time they wasted AND the fact it's not silent hill. Better to keep expectations low.
I don't think anyone here is going to be that bummed. It's been so long since the last game. There's no harm in seeing how deep this rabbit hole goes. We'll know in a week, and this thread has already been more fun for me than all of E3 combined. If it's true though, this thread will have been so worth it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't think anyone here is going to be that bummed. It's been so long since the last game. There's no harm in seeing how deep this rabbit hole goes. We'll know in a week, and this thread has already been more fun for me than all of E3 combined. If it's true though, this thread will have been so worth it.
That’s how I feel. If not, no big deal, let’s see what this game, probably called ‘Survival’ is all about then.

Having a blast in this thread, reading all the theories and laughing with everyone.

dcmk7

Banned
I think Kojima said fairly recently that he had to start watching scary games again soon.

I could be wrong. Sure I read something along those lines.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Did anyone confirm this?

You can find them on the web site for the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (well, it's a company that partners with them, to expose their database):

You have to pay for the real info. But... they had a Kickstarter in 2015, so not sure why the business wouldn't have been registered in 2015. They used the same name on Kickstarter for their project, and Kickstarter does require you use your real name and all that.. because they have fraud issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom